Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Redskins: Ron Rivera, Head Coach

zCommander

Rivera has the following record while being with the Panthers. Notice the win %. 

ron.png.c8bb61de3e1f6a44897f86dae71562c4.png

Hopefully he can do better here and turn this proud franchise around. We have so many good players and he needs to take this team to the playoffs and beyond sooner than later. 

HTTR!

What a difference a week can make.  Pinch me.

Bruce gone.  Danny cleaning house.  Hired a proven leader of men to coach the team.  #2 pick in the draft.  A roster that seems to have potential.  Damn if Im not starting to feel optimistic about a 3-13 team and my Redskins again.  wow.

We have a coach!

Btw, to all those naysayers that said the Redskins would never be able to get anyone good or ever get anyone that any other team had any interest in... Pfffffft!

Hope this works out. It's been so long since we've seen a good defense! I'm looking forward to that (fingers crossed)

This is it.  Starts now.  I am excited with this hire.

49ers went from 4-12 in 2018 to 1st seed in the conference in 2019.  I'm not saying that is what will happen, but there is talent on this team, especially the d-side of the ball, in which Manusky was a huge problem.  Bringing Coach Rivera aboard - will get these guys going.

Ironically, the 49ers took a DE/Edge player from Ohio State, #2 overall last year to get things going, I am hoping for a repeat of what has transpired there.

Welcome Coach, and adios Manusky.

I wanna be optimistic... hell I even stated in another thread that the ONLY thing Snyder HADN'T tried for hiring a Coach was to get a guy looking for a second chance ( like a late 90s Bill Belichick) but getting a guy who just got fired less than a month ago? With a .546 Win %?

I'll be interested to see his OC pick. On the bright side...he won't be rusty.

1 minute ago, charles mannley said:

I wasn’t ecstatic about this choice and still not 100% sold.  But I am hoping for a ton of success.

What you have to look at is what was out there or would be available? If Ron was the better choice now instead of two in the bushes then you take what is in your hand and hopefully he turns out to be better than what is in the bushes. I don't think he is a bad hire. He is still better than Gruden. 

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

He is still better than Gruden. 

While I wholeheartedly agree with that statement on principle, Gruden has 1 NFCE banner under his belt. Shanahan had 2 Lombardi's as a HC but only parlayed it into 1 NFCE banner for ol' D.C. In my view that is Coach Ron's  critical starting metric....oh and a Playoff WIN.

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Let's not bring the owner into this thread. This thread is to welcome Ron and what he can do for us. 

Fair, but fair to me, this is not the first thread welcoming a new coach with much fanfare and such.  And, I like the hire.  Unless the skins took a chance on an up and coming new coach that worked out, I think they snagged a quality coach that the players will come to work for.  Moving forward, be interesting to see if he keeps any of the old staff.

28 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

I wanna be optimistic... hell I even stated in another thread that the ONLY thing Snyder HADN'T tried for hiring a Coach was to get a guy looking for a second chance ( like a late 90s Bill Belichick) but getting a guy who just got fired less than a month ago? With a .546 Win %?

I'll be interested to see his OC pick. On the bright side...he won't be rusty.

Which coach did you want?

Archived