Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Redskins: Ron Rivera, Head Coach

zCommander

Feel like I can finally uncover my eyes and watch my team again.  Love the hire of Rivera as much for the character and integrity of the man as for his coaching abilities although those are top notch.  I am also pretty hyped at the thought of Del Rio as DC, he has an excellent record as coordinator, it just seems HC is just beyond him, kind of like Wade Phillips.

9 hours ago, charles mannley said:

I wasn’t ecstatic about this choice and still not 100% sold.  But I am hoping for a ton of success.

Yeah right?  Forgive me for not dropping my pants and spreading out a beach blanket in front of me just yet.

Great that Bruce is gone,....obviously long over due.  Still concerned with the configuration of the FO.  Who is in charge, what's the chain of command and why was this not communicated before the official announcement of the hiring of Rivera?  We've seen this **** before with Shanahan.  Everyone was so excited, and most were excited to have Bruce as GM/Pres,..or whatever the **** he wanted to call himself depending on the day.  Remember,....it's been 20 years of BS.  So, while I hope for the best obviously and wish Ron luck I'm not gonna reserve my excitement until we see how this whole thing will shake out with positive results.

3 minutes ago, Probos said:

Yeah, forgive me for not dropping my pants and spreading out a beach blanket in front of me just yet.

Great that Bruce is gone,....obviously long over due.  Still concerned with the configuration of the FO.  Who is in charge, what's the chain of command and why was this not communicated before the official announcement of the hiring of Rivera?  We've seen this **** before with Shanahan.  Everyone was so excited, and most were excited to have Bruce as GM/Pres,..or whatever the **** he wanted to call himself depending on the day.  Remember,....it's been 20 years of BS.  So, while I hope for the best obviously and wish Ron luck I'm not gonna reserve my excitement until we see how this whole thing will shake out with positive results to boot.

You're forgiven. We urge you with the utmost earnestness to please keep your pants on. Your attention to this matter is appreciated. Wishing you a happy New Year.

- The Universe

I have been trying to identify rock bottom for a while now.  The latest candidate was learning that possible new hires refused to even interview, with Bruce still employed.  Amazingly, Dan complied.  You can't make this stuff up. 

Maybe one day I will try to compile a list of all the rock bottom moments we have endured, one after another for years now,all  caused by Bruce Allen's stunts. 

Hopefully Trent will soon announce that he would love to play for RR. Riverboat Redskin has work to do, and it starts with him getting rid of all the coaching holdovers. We don't need a single one of them, OCKOC aside, as I do want Haskins to have some semblance of playbook continuity,

13 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

The CAP is in MUCH Better shape, we HAVE Talent Core and we don't have the Haynesworth or his CAP Penalty to deal with (F Mara). So yea...much different with ALLOT more promise.

So basically the difference is we have some better players and more cap space?  I mean, thats positive, I just wonder if anything is actually really different from what failed the first time.  if Shanahan had 10 million more in cap space each year would that have been the difference between failure and competing for superbowls?

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Character of the man for starters. At least, we hope. None of shannys players where singing his praises when he left. 

I certainly think that counts, though seems like that may be about it.  Shanahan had a better track record coming in, and had 2 superbowls.  Rivera looks to be a higher character less talent version of the Shanahan hire, almost identical in other aspects.  Im just looking for some reason why round 2 is going to work out.

13 minutes ago, Probos said:

Yeah right?  Forgive me for not dropping my pants and spreading out a beach blanket in front of me just yet.

Great that Bruce is gone,....obviously long over due.  Still concerned with the configuration of the FO.  Who is in charge, what's the chain of command and why was this not communicated before the official announcement of the hiring of Rivera?  We've seen this **** before with Shanahan.  Everyone was so excited, and most were excited to have Bruce as GM/Pres,..or whatever the **** he wanted to call himself depending on the day.  Remember,....it's been 20 years of BS.  So, while I hope for the best obviously and wish Ron luck I'm not gonna reserve my excitement until we see how this whole thing will shake out with positive results to boot.

That part still concerns me.

But it also doesn't mean they can't get it right now. @KDawg demonstrated more than once that it can also work this way. Thing is, you have to find someone willing and able to work with Riveira. That seems doable to me, and Schaeffer and Kyle Smith might as well be able to. Maybe it's already set but is hold back for some reasons.

15 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

So is it confirmed that Jack is the man, or is that just speculation/rumor?

I haven't seen from a credible source that he is indeed the target.

Schefter speculating. No confirmation anywhere. Del Rio did tweet earlier that he'll be back on an NFL sideline soon though

Soon-to-be Redskins’ HC Ron Rivera is expected to target former Jaguars’ and Raiders’ HC Jack Del Rio as his new defensive coordinator in Washington, per sources. He is the leading candidate.

The Ron Rivera-Jack Del Rio team in Washington will be a strong one. In 2002, Del Rio took over the league’s worst defense in Carolina and turned it into the NFL’s second-ranked unit; in 2012 he took Broncos from 20th-ranked defense to second.

Super stoked Snyder didn’t sit on his hands and wait for the train to leave the station.  First and foremost we got rid of #2 aka the prince of darkness, that alone is absolutely huge. To land one of the best candidates as HC is icing on the cake.

Excited to See him fill his coaching staff out. Del Rio is a tough SOB, who has had sterling results as a DC. Can’t wait to see what else transpires. Positive movements for DS on this. Will we get it right? Will it work out? I don’t currently own a crystal ball but we’ve given ourselves a chance to right the ship. That’s all you can ask for really. 

I hope they name Schaffer Team President and Kyle GM soon. But I’m also open to what what RoN wants to do with those positions.  Happy the training staff will get a new look as well. Overall thumbs up for now. 

Archived