Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

12 minutes ago, Brokenstriker said:

Buckeyes loss to the Clemson Tigers in the semi-final ...

Chase Young, DE … 2 tackles, 1 QB hurry, 0 tackles for a loss, 0 sacks

Isaiah Simmons LB/S … 4 tackles, 1 INT

This season ...

Young 46 tackles, 16.7 sacks,

Simmons 104 tackles, 7 sacks, 4 INT

2 tackles, 1 hurry, no sacks

Okay, so you've confirmed you're stat sheet watching rather than watching the games.  Got it.

• Like 4

Yaaaa that clip above leaves me not impressed at all with chase...maybe cause he realized it was most likely his final college ball game before entering the draft and didn't want to chance any injuries and played only half ass..he looks like hes playing lost..to stiff..yikes 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Okay, so you've confirmed you're stat sheet watching rather than watching the games.  Got it.

The clip shared after would tell a different story.... Not trying to stoke a fire, but honestly, what do you see there that would counter what the stat sheet shows? 

Edited by OVCChairman

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I watched that game ... Chase was a virtual non factor.  He wasn't mentioned for what he was doing in the game much, he got some notice for tackling the QBs helmet and avoiding a targeting penalty ... and that was about it.  Did you see something else?

ESPN says he had 1 QB hurry in the game

if you don't like the stats then impressions ... he didn't take the game over, he didn't make a splash, his one QB moment was a late hit to the helmet after another player has taken the QB out resulting in targeting, there weren't plays where you were left with ... "wow ... Young is a beast."  You never had a moment where you were wondering what Clemson could do to avoid Young taking the game away from them.  I'm not saying he's not good.  I'm saying he wasn't much of a factor in this very important game and personally I think Simmons would be a better impact player as well as a better add to a more significant weakness on the Redskins roster.  You also don't hear people talking about how the Clemson tackles are the best in college football ... or their TEs. Yeah he was doubled ... the issue is it worked and it worked when he wasn't doubled.  If it was coaching instead of O Line play ... it's not like coaching isn't going to do the same thing in the pros.

Edited by Brokenstriker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brokenstriker said:

I watched that game ... Chase was a virtual non factor.  He wasn't mentioned for what he was doing in the game much, he got some notice for tackling the QBs helmet and avoiding a targeting penalty ... and that was about it.  Did you see something else?

I refer you to the post above yours.  He was far from a non-factor.

But even if he was, do you really think that changes anything? 

-JJ Watt had zero's all across the stat sheet except for 1 pass deflection in last week's playoff game against the Chiefs.  I guess he vanishes in big games and the Texans shouldn't have drafted him.

-Khalil Mack had zero sacks in last year's playoff game against the Eagles.  I guess he vanishes too.

-Aaron Donald had zero sacks in all three playoff games last year, and only 1 tackle in the Superbowl.  Man, I guess the Rams really screwed up by drafting him.

I just named three of the greatest defensive players of all time.  They all "vanished" from the stat sheet in big games.  However, if you think they didn't affect those games in other ways, you just don't know football all that well.  I don't know what else to tell you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Was he, though ?

Didn't look that way.

that was "the" one play of note ... and it was a late hit ... and it was teasing for a personal foul if not targeting ... one play out of ~ 50

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

But even if he was, do you really think that changes anything? 

-JJ Watt had zero's all across the stat sheet except for 1 pass deflection in last week's playoff game against the Chiefs.  I guess he vanishes in big games and the Texans shouldn't have drafted him.

-Khalil Mack had zero sacks in last year's playoff game against the Eagles.  I guess he vanishes too.

-Aaron Donald had zero sacks in all three playoff games last year, and only 1 tackle in the Superbowl.  Man, I guess the Rams really screwed up by drafting him.

I just named three of the greatest defensive players of all time.  They all "vanished" from the stat sheet in big games.  However, if you think they didn't affect those games in other ways, you just don't know football all that well.  I don't know what else to tell you.

the Texans lost with a solid offensive tally because they had no answer on defense ... telling

it's not just sacks so I really couldn't say about Mack

is zero sacks the only measure of merit ... nope ... what else did they do or not do.  1 tackle is telling ... especially if there's a guy making more in similar circumstances

I think he vanished in that game because I watched it ... I expected to see him dominate or at least rock Clemson ... it's not the stats the lead me to say he vanished ... its the way he played.  I watched that game hoping the Redskins would pick him in the draft.  I got the memo.  I didn't see that guy in that game.  I'm no more of an expert on this topic than anyone else in this forum.  He's got great measuring tape numbers, he's a freakish gifted athlete, he's plays some great games.  In the playoffs, in that particular game ... he wasn't dominate.  He should have been, and they needed him to be.  Did you watch the game?  Did you see him take control of it, force Clemson to do things they didn't want to, make game impact?  If you did ... what was it?

Edited by Brokenstriker

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

the one about Redskins pressure leaders?  Yeah 29th sucks ... but seriously think there's larger or at least a number of similarly sucky issues with the D ... and O for that matter.

Just now, Brokenstriker said:

the one about Redskins pressure leaders?  Yeah 29th sucks ... but seriously think there's larger or at least a number of similarly sucky issues with the D ... and O for that matter.

The one with the videos and articles showing Young's impact in the final few games.  Ignore them if you want, I've reached my patience quota for the day.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

April can't come soon enough. There's now 3 1/2 months for people to nitpick Chase Young and find any little flaw they can. 

@bakedtater1 I don't think he's lazy, he has very long legs so his movements could appear that way. He's got that kind of herky jerky athleticism (like Harden in the NBA) that really throws off OLineman. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

The clip shared after would tell a different story.... Not trying to stoke a fire, but honestly, what do you see there that would counter what the stat sheet shows? 

Simmons championship game performance and his versatility gets him into the conversation for sure. He can do things for a defense that Young hasn't shown or possibly been asked to do....As much as I think Young is a no-brainer for the Skins, I do wonder if Simmons checks off more boxes to make our defense better as far as how he can be used? That doesn't mean he's a better pro prospect than Young, just that he has a different game. Gonna be a long 4 months for us fans in anticipation of what this staff does.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Was he, though ?

Didn't look that way.

The first sack on the clip he was tripled teamed leaving a guy unblocked for the sack.

Fascinating how we as humans can differ, I saw an impactful dude working every play. I stopped watching after 6min, due to no longer needing to watch. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brokenstriker said:

if you don't like the stats then impressions ... he didn't take the game over, he didn't make a splash, his one QB moment was a late hit to the helmet after another player has taken the QB out resulting in targeting, there weren't plays where you were left with ... "wow ... Young is a beast."  You never had a moment where you were wondering what Clemson could do to avoid Young taking the game away from them.  I'm not saying he's not good.  I'm saying he wasn't much of a factor in this very important game and personally I think Simmons would be a better impact player as well as a better add to a more significant weakness on the Redskins roster.  You also don't hear people talking about how the Clemson tackles are the best in college football ... or their TEs. Yeah he was doubled ... the issue is it worked and it worked when he wasn't doubled.  If it was coaching instead of O Line play ... it's not like coaching isn't going to do the same thing in the pros.

Jesus. This is all so tired. If you guys don’t believe the 10QB pressures and 4 hits, just watch the video. He’s literally hitting Lawrence and taking him to the ground. Please let me know the last time any of the pass rushers on our team had 10 pressures in a game. People that don’t like the performance are seeing what they want to see. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What if the Bengals take Burrow 1st overall and the Skins took another player (beside Chase), like Jeff Okudah? Wouldn't that be the sum of all fears? Like wouldn't that be beyond that Bruce **** and cause an epic deflation to the future outlook of this team. Hell, Jeff would have to get 15 interceptions in his rookie season for fans to change their venom towards him and this new regime.

But I digress, these mutha ****as better take Chase!!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

What if the Bengals take Burrow 1st overall and the Skins took another player (beside Chase), like Jeff Okudah? Wouldn't that be the sum of all fears? Like wouldn't that be beyond that Bruce **** and cause an epic deflation to the future outlook of this team. Hell, Jeff would have to get 15 interceptions in his rookie season for fans to change their venom towards him and this new regime.

They will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Jesus. This is all so tired. If you guys don’t believe the 10QB pressures and 4 hits, just watch the video. He’s literally hitting Lawrence and taking him to the ground. Please let me know the last time any of the pass rushers on our team had 10 pressures in a game. People that don’t like the performance are seeing what they want to see. 

Plus, it looks like 80% of the plays were directed away from Young. That alone should show how much of a factor Young is. The plays that did go his direction he was doubled. I saw only one play where he looked bad: he over ran too wide on a QB rush allowing the QB to step up in the pocket and scamper for a good chunk of yardage. 

But what we need to really think about is how effective will he be on our 4-3 with Montez Sweat the other end who is also a 6-5 265 lb DE that runs a 4.4. Wow. It might be fun watching our defense for a change. 

Edited by JaxJoe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Brokenstriker said:

he's good ... he just didn't take the game away from Clemson.  Personally ... I think Simmons is the better immediate and long term player in the NFL ... also a freak ... felony fast at any size and he's got size.  Fills the painfully empty Sean Taylor hole in my heart.

I don't think a single defensive player can usually do that. I mean, nobody faults Simmons for not taking the game away from LSU. LSU walked all over that Clemson defense. I agree though, Simmons is obscene and worth all of the drool he is eliciting. I'd almost trade our whole offense to take both. 

7 hours ago, Brokenstriker said:

You sound like me talking about how I would definitely draft Khalil Mack before Clowney a few years back lol

6 hours ago, joeken24 said:

This is my fear lol. I think my head would explode and burst into glitter if that happened.