Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Isn't there a Troy Apke thread?! You guys are a bunch of Chase Young teases. I keep thinking there is new news or video and coming here and getting disappointed!

You cannot separate the two.

Trap himself stated that he and Chase Young go together so well, that they call each other "Wonder Bread and Nutella"

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Really? Then he really does seem faster than his top speed. He made some pretty big plays last year on end arounds, rushes, and as a receiver. Maybe he never trained as a sprinter and his 4.5 is a lie?

Edit, nevermind. Off topic. Chase Young thread!

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 2

DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Rank

Ohio St. defensive end Chase Young poses for a headshot during the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020 in Indianapolis. (Ben Liebenberg via AP)

Chase Young
Washington Football Team · Edge

(20 votes: Baldinger, Bergman, Brandt, Burleson, Carr, Frelund, Grant, Hall, Hanzus, O'Hara, Parr, Pioli, Rank, Rosenthal, Ross, Schein, Schrager, Sessler, Shook, Zierlein)

2. Isaiah Simmons (8 votes: Cersosimo, Chadiha, Goodbread, Jones, Jones-Drew, Mariucci, Patra, Thomas)
3. Patrick Queen (4 votes: Battista, Bhanpuri, Blair, Warner)
4. Antoine Winfield Jr. (2 votes: Filice, Trotter)
5. Kenneth Murray (1 vote: Lewis)

Why Gregg Rosenthal chose Chase Young: If you let all 32 personnel bosses choose which defensive player to take in the 2020 NFL Draft, I believe all 32 would have selected Chase Young. Why shouldn't I do the same?

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-season-award-predictions-patrick-mahomes-heavy-mvp-favorite

Looks like Chase Young is the run away favorite for player of the year.

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Looks like Chase Young is the run away favorite for player of the year.

Burleson gave Chase a vote for DPOY.

What rookie has ever gotten praise like that? That is insanity. The weight on this kids' shoulders is immense.

Zombie's ankles would have shattered from the strain ages ago.

15 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Im pulling for Chase.  DeAngelo Hall said before the draft that we should have taken Simmons.  A lot of people like him.  I’m happy we didn’t.

I love Simmons... but I’m not sure how he’d fit in this scheme. We wound up with the right guy.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2020 at 12:19 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

You cannot separate the two.

Trap himself stated that he and Chase Young go together so well, that they call each other "Wonder Bread and Nutella"

The worm is the spice.

The spice is the worm.

On 8/30/2020 at 6:14 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Trap is stupid fast. Biggest hit on him is he takes bad angles, but he just played one season of FS in college and seems to have this figured out.

And now is in a system which above all else, emphasizes playing fast.  KISS method and just use the speed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Some poor backup LB on the opposing team would probably lose their life if that happened.  It would be sad.

Ain't the LBs who had to worry when guys like Manley and Mann did it in their rookie years. Got lots of guys who wouldn't even try to return punts. In 1983, I think versus Dallas, the return man actually ran away from the ball once.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Interestingly Thomas Davis was the original Simmons. Came in as a SS in this scheme then went to Will. Probably end up at SAM now 

Yeah, I remember when he came into the league and he was the insane athlete who was just too small to be a LBer (who had to be 250lbs back then) and too big to be a safety, but fast enough for it. I think Fox got a lot of **** for taking a positionless guy in the first round and then he ended up playing a bunch of positions because of injuries, but was so good he had to be accounted for anyway. I really enoyed watching him when I was younger (I've always been a safety fan).

28 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So in TC when a pass rusher touches the QB with his hand like that is it considered a sack?

I wonder how many Chase has had in TC.

Probably quite a bit. My only real reason for stopping myself from getting too excited is that every “sack” I’ve seen has come when he’s facing a TE or RB. Think he was going against Gibson in the video above. 

20 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Probably quite a bit. My only real reason for stopping myself from getting too excited is that every “sack” I’ve seen has come when he’s facing a TE or RB. Think he was going against Gibson in the video above. 

We know he had one on Christian as well.