Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State


Recommended Posts

I think Youngs biggest problem winning DROTY is going to be his opportunity and competition. Especially if Sweat has anything remotely similar of a second year jump that some of the other guys have had under JDR and they're really going to "take the chains off" Payne. Of course it should also open up plenty of one on one chances.

 

I can't believe we have this problem on our FTeam. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

 

I can't believe we have this problem on our FTeam. 

 

I'm soooooo glad they kept going after 1st round DLine talent these last 4 years while still having guys like Ioannidis, Kerrigan and Settle. Hell, they jumped back up into the 1st round to continue the trend in 2019, which makes me feel a little as if doing this was planned to a certain degree. If so, I don't know who made that decision but I'm glad they did. Been wanting at least one unit that was stacked for years now.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

I'm soooooo glad they kept going after 1st round DLine talent these last 4 years while still having guys like Ioannidis, Kerrigan and Settle. Hell, they jumped back up into the 1st round to continue the trend in 2019, which makes me feel a little as if doing this was planned to a certain degree. If so, I don't know who made that decision but I'm glad they did. Been wanting at least one unit that was stacked for years now.

To be fair, Kerrigan was older, Iaon hadn't really started to pop off, Settle was nothing yet and we just lost Rak and then Preston, so there was proof they wanted a player at the position and then add to that a coaching staff that had to know they were on the way out and was so bad they won the second pick who was a generational talent at the position. :ols:

 

So, it's almost like some kind of gift for breaking one of the many possible curses we've been given. Names gone, maybe we'll be a winning team. Maybe Snyder goes then we become a playoff team and then get a stadium deal back in DC and win a super bowl and the football gods smile on us once again.

 

Also, when I see any poster on here advocate for trading even a single one of those guys I cringe in pity for years of abuse. lol

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

To be fair, Kerrigan was older, Iaon hadn't really started to pop off, Settle was nothing yet and we just lost Rak and then Preston, so there was proof they wanted a player at the position and then add to that a coaching staff that had to know they were on the way out and was so bad they won the second pick who was a generational talent at the position. :ols:

 

So, it's almost like some kind of gift for breaking one of the many possible curses we've been given. Names gone, maybe we'll be a winning team. Maybe Snyder goes then we become a playoff team and then get a stadium deal back in DC and win a super bowl and the football gods smile on us once again.

 

Also, when I see any poster on here advocate for trading even a single one of those guys I cringe in pity for years of abuse. lol

 

That part in bold lol...

 

giphy.gif

 

 

The part about Kerrigan being old, Ioannidis not breaking out yet, etc...that actually kinda backs up my point. I would have normally expected maybe one 1st round pick to be used on the DLine, with the rationalization offered by the team being "Kerrigan's still good, Settle was projected as a (fill in the blank)-round talent, Ioannidis has shown he can become a starter..we're really deeper here than most think"--and then spending those other 1st round picks on WRs and DBs who end up not adding much to the team. Even the 2nd pick overall could have been seen as a chance to trade down and infuse the team with more top round talent (which was actually debated among "experts" as a valid way to proceed). I never imagined, under any circumstance, that the team would just keep hitting the DLine in the 1st round again and again and again and again, even to the point that they'd give up a future 2nd round pick in order to grab another DLineman in the 1st after spending first round picks on DLinemen in the two previous drafts. That doesn't seem coincidental to me. It definitely doesn't seem Redskins-like to me lol...

 

It would be wild if Snyder's insistence that Haskins be the 1st round pick pissed off the FO guys not because of Haskins but because it meant they couldn't stick to the plan of stocking the DLine, but decided **** it, trade up and keep this plan on track...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

That part in bold lol...

 

 

The part about Kerrigan being old, Ioannidis not breaking out yet, etc...that actually kinda backs up my point. I would have normally expected maybe one 1st round pick to be used on the DLine, with the rationalization offered by the team being "Kerrigan's still good, Settle was projected as a (fill in the blank)-round talent, Ioannidis has shown he can become a starter..we're really deeper here than most think"--and then spending those other 1st round picks on WRs and DBs who end up not adding much to the team. Even the 2nd pick overall could have been seen as a chance to trade down and infuse the team with more top round talent (which was actually debated among "experts" as a valid way to proceed). I never imagined, under any circumstance, that the team would just keep hitting the DLine in the 1st round again and again and again and again, even to the point that they'd give up a future 2nd round pick in order to grab another DLineman in the 1st after spending first round picks on DLinemen in the two previous drafts. That doesn't seem accidental to me. It definitely doesn't seem Redskins-like to me lol...

 

It would be wild if Snyder's insistence that Haskins be the 1st round pick pissed off the FO guys not because of Haskins but because it meant they couldn't stick to the plan of stocking the DLine, but decided **** it, trade up and keep this plan on track...

Oh man, do I agree with all of this. I'm fairly shocked too. Especially after firing the super GM, then attacking the Dline. It felt ignored for years. Drafting a Guard over a DT who was highly touted. Signing the McReplacements instead of Cialis Campbell. It's like the way we treated FS for years. Over spend on a FA CB a couple years before they get old, then slide them in there. 

 

We have a stacked unit that everyone will recognize and could possibly be widely regarded as the top 5 in the league if it all goes right. That's just insane to me.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Oh man, do I agree with all of this. I'm fairly shocked too. Especially after firing the super GM, then attacking the Dline. It felt ignored for years. Drafting a Guard over a DT who was highly touted. Signing the McReplacements instead of Cialis Campbell. It's like the way we treated FS for years. Over spend on a FA CB a couple years before they get old, then slide them in there. 

 

We have a stacked unit that everyone will recognize and could possibly be widely regarded as the top 5 in the league if it all goes right. That's just insane to me.

 

I'm gonna credit Kyle Smith lol...because why not.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

I'm gonna credit Kyle Smith lol...because why not.

Cause he didn't get fired when the rest of the garbage was taken out.

 

He must have had a hard time biting his lip for a while. lol. Then been the happiest guy in the world when we hired Ron. :ols:

 

NSFW

 

 

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

But it's likely to be equally ugly for each of the offensive lines in game 1, going against each defensive line.

Low scoring game, maybe ?

Wentz probably gets hurt in 1st quarter, and Nate The Great Sudfeld shows up


Oh man this is something I haven’t seen any of us address yet...it will (hopefully) be great to FINALLY have a defense that does the expected thing and absolutely feasts on young, bad, or backup QB’s instead of constantly giving them career-best days. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 


Fear, I like it! 
 

Pederson is a arrogant enough to leave Chase singles up for a few plays, hopefully a sack fumble comes early :) 

 

Apke must have a good day of staying on top of Jackson and Reagor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 5:48 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I think Youngs biggest problem winning DROTY is going to be his opportunity and competition. Especially if Sweat has anything remotely similar of a second year jump that some of the other guys have had under JDR and they're really going to "take the chains off" Payne. Of course it should also open up plenty of one on one chances.

 

I can't believe we have this problem on our FTeam. 

I remember Mann and Manley. It would be amazing to have that again, but part of what made Mann and Manley so special was Dave Butz and Daryl Grant. Luckily, we have Payne, Allen, Ionadis, and Settle.

 

They ain't there yet. They may never get there, but the day dream is intoxicating.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apke is a 4.35 guy who brags about being the fastest guy on our team and JDR is smart enough to know what DJax does. A Lot. Darby is fast enough to hang and probably wants to. 

 

And I doubt they actually have time to throw deep, so shouldn't be too tough to contain him. This could be a nice coming out party for Chase and a few other guys.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I remember Mann and Manley. It would be amazing to have that again, but part of what made Mann and Manley so special was Dave Butz and Daryl Grant. Luckily, we have Payne, Allen, Ionadis, and Settle.

 

They ain't there yet. They may never get there, but the day dream is intoxicating.

That was a special time for us, for sure. Let's hope we have another one coming up. We're due.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Today or yesterday there was an interview and he laughed about it saying Terry couldn't hang. I didn't hear about Sims.


I just went back and watched them both at the combine on youtube, lol.  I just remember Sims on an interview a year ago boasting about his “football speed.”  Not necessarily his combine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The Peters situation sounds a lot like our Trent situation last year.

Obviously one difference is Trent wasn't as much about the money...or so he said.

But scrambling with scrubs for a last minute LT solution, due to a holdout, sounds much like us last year.


Peters isn’t really holding out so much as saying he only came back at the price he did because he agreed to play a lower value position in OG—he’s saying if they want him to flip back to the premium position he used to occupy it’s going to cost them an equivalent raise.

 

It’s kind of unprecedented actually, I can’t ever remember a player outright refusing to play another position unless they’re paid more (plenty of players don’t want to move positions, but this is about a pay bump to play a higher value position, which is a new one as far as I can tell), but I guess OL are one of the few positions that can move around like that at the drop of a hat, with one position making much more than the others. Maybe DB’s too. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...