Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

38 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Or 2004 (defensively). We sucked so bad on offense, but we were so NASTY defensively that I was legit hyped everytime they went back on the field.

That was great to watch. Blitzes from every direction and straight up stuffing the run game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I tried to explain to you last year, me among others here were rooting for loses to end the year because it was about loving the team, not hating it.  Lose a battle to win the war.  😀

You must have me mixed up with someone else.  I was riding that Manusky magic down the stretch like nobody’s business.

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You must have me mixed up with someone else.  I was riding that Manusky magic down the stretch like nobody’s business.

You didn't give me a hard time like some others but I do recall one exchange where your goofed on my obsession with Chase Young but in a light way.  Just wanted to double down that I had my reasons. 😀

• Haha 1

From Philly Inquirer

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-lose-washington-nfl-week-1-carson-wentz-greg-ward-20200913.html

They’re coming for you, Carson

That Washington defensive line, loaded with first-round draft picks, was as good as advertised, and not just against Wentz and the Eagles' passing game. On 17 rushing attempts, the Eagles managed just 57 yards. Washington doesn’t have much on offense, but that line and that pass rush will keep it in many games this season.

love this photo from Philly's paper

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-lose-washington-football-team-week-1-carson-wentz-20200913.html

Eagles turn an easy win into a horrifying 27-17 loss, as Carson Wentz loses his way and offensive line disintegrates

by Les Bowen, Posted: September 13, 2020- 4:27 PM

Eagles turn an easy win into a horrifying 27-17 loss, as Carson Wentz loses his way and offensive line disintegrates
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Carson Wentz was just meat to them today.  I can't believe how good the DL was.  Jailbreak pressures where they are really just competing with each other to be the first to get to the QB.  Shift the blocking one way to deal with a problem on one side of the line and now Ryan Kerrigan or Montez Sweat are breathing down your quarterback or running back's neck.  DBs and LBs blitzing into the backfield at full speed completely untouched.

That performance by front was a revelation.  Great talent and great coaching left the Eagles completely shell-shocked.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 12

30 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Carson Wentz was just meat to them today.  I can't believe how good the DL was.  Jailbreak pressures where they are really just competing with each other to be the first to get to the QB.  Shift the blocking one way to deal with a problem on one side of the line and now Ryan Kerrigan or Montez Sweat are breathing down your quarterback or running back's neck.  DBs and LBs blitzing into the backfield at full speed completely untouched.

That performance by front was a revelation.  Great talent and great coaching left the Eagles completely shell-shocked.

I'd add, I think having Kerrigan in the rotation, is very Giants SB teams.  They rotated 3 really good defense ends, with one dominant one in Strahan.  They would use Tuck on the inside at times. You keep everyone fresh, bring a DE inside at times, etc.  This D line is deep.

I wish we had an O line though.  That's my #1 concern by a mile.    Haskins was often under duress.  Not as bad as Wentz on that front but bad enough for me.  But the D line is exciting. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

did u see Wes Martin on that first drive. Looked like he was shot out of a cannon backwards. I'm testing Charles at guard as soon as hes healthy

I did.  I got to rewatch the game and maybe my mind will change but in real time it felt like our O line was manhandled a bit too much with Haskins being under duress. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

did u see Wes Martin on that first drive. Looked like he was shot out of a cannon backwards. I'm testing Charles at guard as soon as hes healthy

He'll be our starting LG soon, that's been my thoughts since we drafted him. I don't think he's ready to be a starter at LT but I think he can beat out Wes Martin. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I did.  I got to rewatch the game and maybe my mind will change but in real time it felt like our O line was manhandled a bit too much with Haskins being under duress. 

The Eagles defensive line is excellent and Haskins only took 1 sack. I agree that our line didn't look good out there, but it could have been a lot worse.

• Like 1