Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

44 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Officially, or just by PFF metrics?

Good question FZ. I was going off the video from pff that SkinsInParadise posted. Didn’t realize that it might not be official.

Regardless, WE will always know that he had 2 recoveries and 2 sacks in his first game. ;)

On a side note I miss your zombie puns. I know you can’t do it all the time as that gets rancidly old and foul (zombie pun) but you were so clever in your zombie integrations that it was entertaining (to me at least).

Perhaps you can occasionally sprinkle one in for old times sake.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Good question FZ. I was going off the video from pff that SkinsInParadise posted. Didn’t realize that it might not be official.

Regardless, WE will always know that he had 2 recoveries and 2 sacks in his first game. ;)

On a side note I miss your zombie puns. I know you can’t do it all the time as that gets rancidly old and foul (zombie pun) but you were so clever in your zombie integrations that it was entertaining (to me at least).

Perhaps you can occasionally sprinkle one in for old times sake.

Yeah, I think the “at home” score is 2 sacks and 2 FF, but the NFL didn't give him that

I tried to tone back the zombie puns a bit. I don’t think there is any way possible I’ll be doing it on gamedays when we are all rifling posts. I’d be like two pages behind by the time I’d think of one.

Don’t worry tho, they are not gone forever. Like a zombies body, the puns will endure (Zombie pun)

• Like 3

For whoever was asking about the records for sacks and forced fumbles it was indeed Kearse.  I really feel like Chase caused 2 fumbles yesterday, not the 1 he was credited for.

https://sportsh2h.com/countdown-43-top-10-rookie-seasons-in-nfl-history/

Jevon Kearse (1999): 58 total tackles with 14.5 sacks and 8 forced fumbles; Kearse was Defensive Rookie of the Year, a Pro Bowler, and All-Pro while leading the NFL in forced fumbles and setting a rookie sack record.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

How many players on defense ended up at 86 last year via PFF for the season?  From what I recall, none even close to it. 

He probably would have graded in the 90s if not for that offsides penalty on 3rd and 5.  PFF penalizes players pretty heavily for penalties, IIRC... especially on high-leverage downs.

11 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ya know..I look back to the last few weeks of last year and well..the whole year basically and I feel like an ass now wanting for the team to win instead of lose and not looking forward to what could be..I'm sorry for being an ass.

It's all good, we're used to it lol!

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sheds a double team, to make a crushing tackle for a loss

Where's Joe Burrow :)

That play is absolutely incredible. Peters and a TE can't move him off his spot and he splits them for the tackle on the RB. THAT is why he is so good. He's a complete DE, not just a pass rusher.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but i think under the new CBA, players can’t be suspended for weed.

also, everyone, Chase Young is up for Pepsi rookie of the week, vote for him! 

Is that like the regular rookie of the week only with worse teeth and kinda fat?

18 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ya know..I look back to the last few weeks of last year and well..the whole year basically and I feel like an ass now wanting for the team to win instead of lose and not looking forward to what could be..I'm sorry for being an ass.

Wasn’t here at the time but no shame in that stance. Both positions are infinitely defensible.

Playing to win has a purity that cleanses the soul. It aims for a Platonic ideal. It is the honorable stance of true believers.

Playing to get a higher draft pick is for those, like myself, who have been both corrupted and sophisticated by the dark paradox of life. A place where stone cold realists reign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1