Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I just went back and watched them both at the combine on youtube, lol.  I just remember Sims on an interview a year ago boasting about his “football speed.”  Not necessarily his combine.

Trap is stupid fast. Biggest hit on him is he takes bad angles, but he just played one season of FS in college and seems to have this figured out.

• Like 1

When Julie Donaldson was questioning Trap about how he compares with the speed of the rest of the team, he made it sound like, other than himself, Darby was fastest on defense, and Terry Mac was fastest on offense. Sims' name never came up. Obviously I'm not saying SIms isn't fast. But maybe he appears faster than he actually is.

13 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I just went back and watched them both at the combine on youtube, lol.  I just remember Sims on an interview a year ago boasting about his “football speed.”  Not necessarily his combine.

It's around 3:30 I think. He says Darby might have him, but that's it. It's a really great interview. Got me pumped.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

When Julie Donaldson was questioning Trap about how he compares with the speed of the rest of the team, he made it sound like, other than himself, Darby was fastest on defense, and Terry Mac was fastest on offense. Sims' name never came up. Obviously I'm not saying SIms isn't fast. But maybe he appears faster than he actually is.

Great teammanship. Sounds like the locker room is super tight and the communication and knowing where the other guys will be

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I found it, it's at 2:45

When you analyze the whole thing by comparison, you could conclude Darby might be faster than McLaurin.

Darby and Trap are probably super close. He kinda laughed off Terry being that fast.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The Peters situation sounds a lot like our Trent situation last year.

Obviously one difference is Trent wasn't as much about the money...or so he said.

But scrambling with scrubs for a last minute LT solution, due to a holdout, sounds much like us last year.

Not really the same situation.  But I don't think it's a coincidence both players are repped by the same agent - Vince Taylor.

On 8/30/2020 at 7:23 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

For football, consistent speed, the ability to run fast even after you've been beat on all day and the ability to stay at speed throughout your route are probably more important than your absolute speed.

• Like 2

Not that it belongs in this thread, but Sims isn’t so much “fast” (though the dude runs a 4.5, so he’s fast) as he is quick. He makes quick movements and changes directions and moves extremely well. 

Apke has good foot speed, but doesn’t change direction as well as Sims. So while Apke LOOKS as fast as he is on the field, we see Sims move and think he’s faster because of his overall agility, dexterity and speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/30/2020 at 7:14 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Trap is stupid fast. Biggest hit on him is he takes bad angles, but he just played one season of FS in college and seems to have this figured out.

Does look a little sharp on some of those closing angles, maybe still adjusting to the speed of the game.  But on some of those highlight plays, it's a really nice close where he'd stone forward progress of he were stronger.

He's a toolsy guy and he has pretty good instincts.  He has the talent to become a good starting caliber deep safety, I think his progression will come down to how much he has improved as a reader, and how much stronger he has gotten.  Could be a nice compliment to the bruising style of Landon Collins.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Isn't there a Troy Apke thread?! You guys are a bunch of Chase Young teases. I keep thinking there is new news or video and coming here and getting disappointed!

Omg this is a Chase Young thread. Lol

From all the reports I’ve seen and read from anyone at the practices.  Chase is just different.  He’s physically special.  He looks and moves different from anyone out there.  And this is the best part as most people know, he works hard.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Omg this is a Chase Young thread. Lol

From all the reports I’ve seen and read from anyone at the practices.  Chase is just different.  He’s physically special.  He looks and moves different from anyone out there.  And this is the best part as most people know, he works hard.

No kidding. At least leave the Apke stuff in the TC thread.

That clip that was posted from yesterday at FedEx with Chase almost running down Haskins from behind was insane. His change of direction and acceleration was just ridiculous for a 6'5 265lb dude. I honestly think he could probably play WR or TE if he wanted to at the same weight. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Isn't there a Troy Apke thread?! You guys are a bunch of Chase Young teases. I keep thinking there is new news or video and coming here and getting disappointed!

Trap did say they were a pair. Wonderbread and nutella go together.

On 8/30/2020 at 8:06 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

Sims runs about a 4.5, he just gets up to that 4.5 very quickly. He looks faster but I remember he got caught from behind by Chidobe Awuzie fairly easily (Who runs a 4.37) and at that moment I realized Sims' top end speed wasn't as high as I thought. 

Really? Then he really does seem faster than his top speed. He made some pretty big plays last year on end arounds, rushes, and as a receiver. Maybe he never trained as a sprinter and his 4.5 is a lie?