Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Oh, it's gonna be an awesome season, we just ain't winning a lot.

Probably true but since this is your opinion and not fact state it as such, that's all I'm asking for.

A few simple word choices and I think we'd have a lot less arguments around here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Probably true but since this is your opinion and not fact state it as such, that's all I'm asking for.

A few simple word choices and I think we'd have a lot less arguments around here.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Conn said:

Dov Kleiman is a confirmed weirdo, but he mostly just compiles reports/rumors from actual insiders and aggregates them. For instance, he cited Breer in the tweet being referenced about Young, so you can go listen to Breer make the point. 

"Dov Kleiman is a confirmed weirdo..."

Yes, but is he a card carrying confirmed weirdo?

image.thumb.png.040bbbdaf7b953593ca7a5830054c185.png

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Koolblue quoted you.

Ok let's see what he had to say.

Click.

Wait a minute why did that redirect me to my post.

Goes back and clicks again.

Wait a minute why does this,  ohhhh nevermind.

On 6/6/2023 at 2:07 PM, Anselmheifer said:

Chase still just moves differently than the rest of the guys. His feet are so much better than Sweat’s, for instance. 

Im not betting on Young being a star and reaching his potential, but I’m rooting for it. It feels like a lot of people here aren’t, and I don’t really understand it. 

I'm hoping he has a monster year but i'm not liking some of the stuff people are saying about off the field stuff regarding CY. We NEED Chase to be great.

24 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Vikings are now looking to ship out Hunter. They are forward thinking. Wonder if we just sit on both DEs this year.

Yup, we will. I don't see a change in the near future, sticking with the recent MO and what RR has stood by on Chase and Sweat

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm hoping he has a monster year but i'm not liking some of the stuff people are saying about off the field stuff regarding CY. We NEED Chase to be great.

…but I’m not liking some of the stuff people are saying about off the field stuff regarding CY…”

TMZ just released exclusive footage of Chase Young stepping out for a night on the town to celebrate the end of mandatory mini-camp sporting a pair of his soon to be released CY 1000 platform aqua shoes…

image.gif.ed82c16730e2ab1971b7d7495840d529.gif

image.gif.2f12fd31b5ac6eab58a8d225fea9bea6.gif

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Vikings are now looking to ship out Hunter. They are forward thinking. Wonder if we just sit on both DEs this year.

Its not really the same comparison. The Cousins contract makes things tough for them. Plus Jefferson is eligible for an extension and he's going to shatter the market for WR salaries.

Did not see this anywhere, but sorry if this has been posted already

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2023/6/10/23756072/source-steelers-are-in-on-chase-young-but-not-on-dalvin-cook-nfl-news-rumors-update

Sources inside the Steelers organization made it known the team has a strong interest in acquiring Washington Commanders, and former 1st Round draft pick, Chase Young.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 2

In reality, having a wife and kids can be a distraction just as being single and going out (responsibly). Time is time. 

As long he’s showing up in shape and working on his craft all is good. Work ethic hasn’t been scrutinized, right? 

50 minutes ago, mh86 said:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2023/6/10/23756072/source-steelers-are-in-on-chase-young-but-not-on-dalvin-cook-nfl-news-rumors-update

Sources inside the Steelers organization made it known the team has a strong interest in acquiring Washington Commanders, and former 1st Round draft pick, Chase Young.

Chase young for TJ Watt. Straight up.

Make it happen Dan Josh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Steelers, Bears, Lions. All have random trade links to Chase. Feels like they are speculative stories to generate noise, however I do think there may be a little bit to the notion he could be moved. I reckon Ron and Co favour keeping Sweat over Chase.

Once again you can't really put Chase in a better position.

We juiced the secondary.

He is next to one of the best interiors in the NFL.

For us to get to the places we want to get to, either Chase or Sweat are gonna have to turn into that DVP type.

I don't see us trading him away yet due to what we have invested in him so he will be given the oppo to become that guy again this year.

Hope he turns it around. He's gotta be out there and be great. Just good aint good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

His floor is a late 3rd round pick. Perfect spot to take another crappy IOL who won't play football unless all of our injury prone players magically get hurt again.

I doubt anyone is trading more than that for him.

His height of value will be midseason by the deadline, if he plays well. 

Between our secondary and IDL, he basically just has to stand still and he'll get ten sacks.

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2023 at 1:50 PM, mh86 said:

pfft no thanks. yinzers thinking he can be had for a second and a 6th in 2025. i'd rather keep him and have the option of tagging him if he blows up next year...or get a compensatory pick if we just let him leave via FA next year. montez or chase is gonna step up this year. i'd rather keep my options open (including a mid-season trade) and use whatever leverage we have available.

Edited by xxprodigyxx
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

pfft no thanks. yinzers thinking he can be had for a second and a 6th in 2025. i'd rather keep him and have the option of tagging him if he blows up next year...or get a compensatory pick if we just let him leave via FA next year. montez or chase is gonna step up this year. i'd rather keep my options open (including a mid-season trade) and use whatever leverage we have available.

We won’t be receiving compensatory picks in the next couple years imo, we have to assume we’ll actually be active in FA under a new owner with a likely new regime right?

I’ll be the one to admit it, I’d move Young right now for a 2025 2nd + 6th. 8 months from now we’ll be talking about a future 2nd as a great get for him imo, if it’s on the table. It likely won’t be. So just take it and move on. (Rivera won’t do this and would be pretty crazy to do so given how much he needs to win, and how badly he needs a miracle out of Young)

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 4:14 PM, Conn said:

We won’t be receiving compensatory picks in the next couple years imo, we have to assume we’ll actually be active in FA under a new owner with a likely new regime right?

I’ll be the one to admit it, I’d move Young right now for a 2025 2nd + 6th. 8 months from now we’ll be talking about a future 2nd as a great get for him imo, if it’s on the table. It likely won’t be. So just take it and move on. (Rivera won’t do this and would be pretty crazy to do so given how much he needs to win, and how badly he needs a miracle out of Young)

I think I would consider trading Chase if it was player for player.  Actually upgrading a position rather than getting a chance to do so would be the difference maker there

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 1:14 PM, Conn said:

A lot of “free agent money” is needed to resign their own in coming year or two. 

Keep building from within and be timely with big time free agent pick ups but for most part stay away. 

Washington has been pressed to the cap max each year over previous seasons. 

On 6/11/2023 at 1:13 PM, FootballZombie said:

Once again you can't really put Chase in a better position.

We juiced the secondary.

He is next to one of the best interiors in the NFL.

For us to get to the places we want to get to, either Chase or Sweat are gonna have to turn into that DVP type.

I don't see us trading him away yet due to what we have invested in him so he will be given the oppo to become that guy again this year.

Hope he turns it around. He's gotta be out there and be great. Just good aint good enough.

Between Chase and Howell you could almost say that the team will go as far as they will take their sides of the ball. If Chase Young is what we drafted him to be then we will have a dominant defense and if Howell can play to what we think his potential is then the offense will be very good. Getting EB also gives me extra hope that we will turn the corner. 

• Like 2