Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yep. Tua is lighting it up. I admit I didn't want him because of his injury history. If we had Tua today we win by 2 TDs.

I wanted Tua the whole time at 2, I'll admit I didn't think Herbert would be this good, but its annoying that we could have had him a 2 as well. This isn't hindsight for me, and Chase isn't going to be bad

But Great QB way more impactful than a great DE no matter how you slice it.

Cardinals were smart, didn't use a prior pick at QB as an excuse not to get a clear better one, we were stupid and didn't

34 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

We should have taken Tua.  We would have a brighter future.  Young got manhandled today. 

Yep what i was saying all along, if you watched him against real competition in college he was easily handled.  Oh and I heard he treats fans like garbage too.  Tua plays with heart and grit, wil be a great QB.  Great pick skins

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

I wanted Tua the whole time at 2, I'll admit I didn't think Herbert would be this good, but its annoying that we could have had him a 2 as well. This isn't hindsight for me, and Chase isn't going to be bad

But Great QB way more impactful than a great DE no matter how you slice it.

Cardinals were smart, didn't use a prior pick at QB as an excuse not to get a clear better one, we were stupid and didn't

In hindsight we draft Tua. Maybe we can get like a 3rd or 4th for Haskins. We'd still have an improving Sweat and Kerrigan at starting DE(and Kerrigan is honestly probably a better player than Young right now).

With Tua we probably win at least one of the Giants games and I think we win today(Smith missed a lot of throws downfield). We'd be 4-5 and in 1st place in the division.

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Nobody is suggesting we get rid of him. He's a talent sure. But the impact has been extremely underwhelming this year. Yes I know PFF rankings etc. blah blah blah, but the good ones actually finish the job and get the sack. Young hasn't made one game changing play yet until today and that was for the other team. Ryan Kerrigan in his first career game had a pick 6.

He's just the victim of the hype machine of the Bosa brothers. What did we hear leading up to drafting him? He was better than both of them. Joey had 12.5 sacks his rookie year, Nick had 9 ( not nick at night).  Chase is on pace for 7. I still think he's a talent, but I was never on board with getting this kid when we had so many problems on this team, trading out and getting bodies is what I wanted. But maybe there wasn't a good enough deal out there to warrant trading out.

But its rare to see young Dlineman come out the gates and have huge impacts in the league. Consider his age and potential, I mean give him a few years and I think we all forget these pointless arguments we're making today as he gets his. Everyone is expecting an LT, Javon Kearse rookie year, Reggie White, Mean Joe Greene type impact in the league though and the reason those seasons from those players are so memorable is cause they are so rare. 

But hey its a different game now than it was back then. Chase Young is not gonna get matched up vs RB's like LT was so often out the gate as he rewrote the position. You didn't have these fast aerial assault favoring games back when Reggie White and Mean Joe Greene were playing.

It doesn't help our offense sucks and the D doesn't wake up till the 2nd half when we're down 17 plus points and the game isn't catered to his strengths.. Its just gonna be a process. I think everyone is just gonna pile on because his mistake helped cost us the game.

Edited by Playaction2Sanders

1 minute ago, max21 said:

I don’t get what you mean, he potentially lost the game for us. People are going to complain, with right reason 

Don’t be naive. You know what I mean. How fast some will come to proclaim he’s a bust, we shouldn’t have drafted him, overrated, “I knew we should have drafted Tua...” blah blah blah like what they say actually has any value to any conversation.

• Haha 1

Just now, Playaction2Sanders said:

He's just the victim of the hype machine of the Bosa brothers. What did we hear leading up to drafting him? He was better than both of them. Joey had 12.5 sacks his rookie year, Nick had 9 ( not nick at night).  Chase is on pace for 7. I still think he's a talent, but I was never on board with getting this kid when we had so many problems on this team, trading out and getting bodies is what I wanted. But maybe there wasn't a good enough deal out there to warrant trading out.

But its rare to see young Dlineman come out the gates and have huge impacts in the league. Consider his age and potential, I mean give him a few years and I think we all forget these pointless arguments we're making today as he gets his. Everyone is expects an LT, Javon Kearse rookie year, Reggie White, Mean Joe Greene type impact in the league and the reason those seasons from those players are so memorable is cause they are so rare. 

But hey its a different game now than it was back then. Chase Young is not gonna get matched up vs RB's like LT was so often out the gate as he rewrote the position. You didn't have these fast aerial assault favoring games back when Reggie White and Mean Joe Greene were playing.

It doesn't help our offense sucks and the D doesn't wake up till the 2nd half when we're down 17 plus points and the game isn't catered to his strengths.. Its just gonna be a process. I think everyone is just gonna pile on because his mistake helped cost us the game.

Well said.

I don't hate the Young pick. I still think he's a hell of a talent and the low sack totals don't worry me because some of the best in the league right now had low sack totals as a rookie(look up Garrett, Mack, both Watts etc.).

But I am disappointed by the minimal impact he's making. I expected more even as a rookie.

The penalty today...whatever. Crap like that happens. Even McLaurin fumbled on a potential scoring drive.

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The predictability of how fast people show up here after what he did is hilarious.

Young has like 2 sacks all year.  This wasn't a quick reaction by the fans.  This has been boiling for a while.  Young has been absent all year.  We are mad because Tua was there, and a lot of us fans knew he had the potential to be a Russel Wilson.  Who would you take? Haskins and Young? Or Russel Wilson.  I know who I would pick.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Chase Young is OSU hype and we fell for it.  We should have taken Tua.  We would have a brighter future.  Young got manhandled today.  I watched him closely.  And it's not like he wasn't getting double teamed.  

I watched him very carefully as well.  You are correct, for the most part he was not double teamed and was a complete non-factor.  These photos are from the near face mask play.  This is what you see on 90% of his pass rushes.  He was completely and utterly neutralized. 

00E2AA2E-3C82-4501-AE1D-2B09E6DD726C.jpeg

D8BF917A-E4A2-4C82-AE68-53EF2C89DC8C.png

BABDD399-9D8D-4D87-8816-38F16EF84DE6.png

• Like 1

Yep it has begun, what do you expect when you blow a #2 pick on a guy who has not lived up to expectations and who single handedly made a dumb play that literally cost the team the game - meanwhile other players drafted at THE position of need that were there at #2 are excelling.  The criticism is fair and expected.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Young has like 2 sacks all year.  This wasn't a quick reaction by the fans.  This has been boiling for a while.  Young has been absent all year.  We are mad because Tua was there, and a lot of us fans knew he had the potential to be a Russel Wilson.  Who would you take? Haskins and Young? Or Russel Wilson.  I know who I would pick.  

I'll take Young and Fields if that's in the cards :)

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Lol. This has been boiling for a while. Like almost 2 months!! Toss him to the curb. If he’s not already the unanimous defensive player of the year then he’s already a bust. You fools can blame the hype on him all you want or you can blame yourselves for hyping up the hype to yourselves. 

It’s also amazing how you’ve already created a bust of Tua in the hall of fame. The over-reactionary tendencies game to game here make me laugh.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

When you get beat by a 59 yard FG with 3 seconds left after your kicker missed a 43 yarder earlier, maybe the problem is your kicker (and running a reverse where you have no business doing so).

Sure, alot of poop in the poop sandwich, but its undeniable that Young's mental collapse and boneheaded play directly led to the team losing the game.  

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

And not the other 20 yards the team gave up.

It was really bad.

But pinning the whole game on a rookie pass rusher who has literally no help behind him from linebackers is an odd stance.

Our linebackers are horrendous. The difference between Nick Bosa and Chase Young, primarily, is San Francisco has a creative DC and they had a group of backers behind the defensive line that are hard nosed, attacking football players.

Young's error was a part of many. It's a bad look especially considering the face mask.

But why people really thought he was going to come in as a rookie and have 10+ sacks and be truly dominant is beyond me. Let the kid develop before we turn on him. He's a very good football player getting his feet wet still.

It's not his fault he got drafted #2 overall over QBs or whatever. The dude is a good player and by all accounts a good person. 

Let's ease up on him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, that was disappointing.  Hope someone on the defense (not coaches) chewed him out.  He was lucky they took back the face mask penalty and then shoving the QB was just ridiculous.  In both cases, the play was already over.  He must be getting really frustrated because he isn't having the kind of impact he or anyone else expected.  Still, stupid mental errors but hopefully he learned a lesson.  Just so disappointing for the game to end that way though.  Not that I think he cost us the game, just hate to see mental errors like that after a nice comeback.