Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

37 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol. This has been boiling for a while. Like almost 2 months!! Toss him to the curb. If he’s not already the unanimous defensive player of the year then he’s already a bust. You fools can blame the hype on him all you want or you can blame yourselves for hyping up the hype to yourselves. 

It’s also amazing how you’ve already created a bust of Tua in the hall of fame. The over-reactionary tendencies game to game here make me laugh.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we get rid of him or that he's a bust.

But thus far through half a season, he's been a disappointment. Especially relative to the rest of the league where rookies are making big impacts at a ridiculous rate.

Edited by Warhead36

We have a right to be pissed.  Last season it was "let's tank for Young."  What's it this year?  Young has been absent.  You are lying if you say you're not disappointed with his performance.  I wanted Tua.  But no one would listen.   "Young will be a Von Miller or JJ Watt."  I haven't seen it dude.  It's been 9 **** games.  

And I haven't put Tua in the hall or fame.  I said he had Russel Wilson potential.  Which is more franchise changing than a decent pass rusher.  We had decent with Preston Smith, Kerrigan, Sweat.  Pass Rusher was not a need for this team.  So yes, I'm pissed.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

But thus far through half a season, he's been a disappointment. Especially relative to the rest of the league where rookies are making big impacts at a ridiculous rate.

What rookie defensive player is making big impacts?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Perhaps the groin injury is affecting him a bit more than we thought? Also, 9 games make not a players career. 

also, to say “i havent seen it” about young being a JJ Watt, is silly. Watt had 5.5 sacks his first season. And he still improved

I'm more concerned about the mental errors today.  My opinion is that he is getting frustrated but you can't act out of frustration which he seems to be doing.  I'd bring him off the bench the next game just to teach him the mental errors, especially at the end of the game aren't tolerated.  Of course, it kind of singles him out when there were others screwing up as well but this guy is supposed to be a generational type player so he needs to start acting like it and producing like it.  I don't care about his numbers as much as you just can't make stupid mental mistakes like he did today.  Ha, I bet his mom will give him an earful! :)

25 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Sacks are the least of his issues. He has no impact on the game. Easily blocked with a single guy.

This is so knee-jerk and dumb. He didn't play great today - but to say he has no impact on the game is blatantly false. PLENTY of shows on film how Chase is impacting the game.

Rookies are gonna have bad days. It happens. He can learn from it. Watt had 5.5 sacks his rookie year. Mack had 4. Patience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My opinion is that none of our defensive first rounders are really living up to their potential.  Last year, we blamed the coaches but now the coaches and scheme have changed but they're still lackluster. I really felt our defensive line would be dominant this year making the secondary a moot point but we only seem to get pressure when blitzing.  At some point, these guys (yeah, while young) have to start wrecking havoc.  Currently, I feel like offenses are happy to go against our defense.  It's a launching point for them to get back on track.  Like I've mentioned before, we don't seem to win many of the one-on-one situations / match-ups and I'm not sure what that says about our players.  Just really frustrated with what I thought would be a dominant defense.

Edited by owa
Corrected double negative

2 minutes ago, owa said:

My opinion is that none of our defensive first rounders aren't really living up to their potential.  Last year, we blamed the coaches but now the coaches and scheme have changed but they're still lackluster. I really felt our defensive line would be dominant this year making the secondary a moot point but we only seem to get pressure when blitzing.  At some point, these guys (yeah, while young) have to start wrecking havoc.  Currently, I feel like offenses are happy to go against our defense.  It's a launching point for them to get back on track.  Like I've mentioned before, we don't seem to win many of the one-on-one situations / match-ups and I'm not sure what that says about our players.  Just really frustrated with what I thought would be a dominant defense.

We don't have the LBs or secondary to be a dominant defense but the DL absolutely should be wrecking havoc.

I can't even recall the last time one of our DL got a sack against a starting OL without aid of a blitz. You're right, we simply do not win one on one matchups, except Kerrigan every once in a while.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

This is so knee-jerk and dumb. He didn't play great today - but to say he has no impact on the game is blatantly false. PLENTY of shows on film how Chase is impacting the game.

Rookies are gonna have bad days. It happens. He can learn from it. Watt had 5.5 sacks his rookie year. Mack had 4. Patience.

“Dumb” to expect more from the #2 pick than what he’s given the past 5 games and the season as a whole. Okay. Good luck with those low expectations. 

8 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

I get what you're saying.  I'll admit, I'm super pissed after that game and may be overreacting a bit.  But I think we can all agree that the d-line as been a disappointment.  Yes, the linebackers suck.  But these bama boys with Chase Young were expected to dominate the lines.  It was a expectation from all reliable football sources.  The Lions punched them in the ****ing teeth today.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wait, are you serious? This whole thread are people basically saying he’s a bust. Just because they aren’t using the word doesn’t mean that’s not what they’re implying. If you don’t think the implication is a bust then you’re grasping at straws.

for example: “Yep what i was saying all along, if you watched him against real competition in college he was easily handled.  Oh and I heard he treats fans like garbage too.  Tua plays with heart and grit, wil be a great QB.  Great pick skins“

3 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I get what you're saying.  I'll admit, I'm super pissed after that game and may be overreacting a bit.  But I think we can all agree that the d-line as been a disappointment.  Yes, the linebackers suck.  But these bama boys with Chase Young were expected to dominate the lines.  It was a expectation from all reliable football sources.  The Lions punched them in the ****ing teeth today.  

If you continually draft high picks at the same position and they all struggle, at a certain point you have to assume it’s not the players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How about, he'd be a nice addition to an already dominant defense?  Would that be okay?  Seriously, when people were talking about a generational type player, I expected a lot more.  Heck, even his mom expects more.  Not sure what the issue is but you can sugar coat it all you want but he hasn't lived up to expectations.  I'm never sure if this is because of scheme or player though.  While I will note, he doesn't seem to win many one on one battles.  Not sure what that says...

I still think he'll end up being dominant but just will take a little more time than we expected. Some guys take a while to adjust playing against men.  Hopefully we don't give up on him

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If you continually draft high picks at the same position and they all struggle, at a certain point you have to assume it’s not the players. 

considering how the announcers love to praise our DL and are plenty open with criticism, maybe we aren't actually that good at judging

6 minutes ago, carex said:

considering how the announcers love to praise our DL and are plenty open with criticism, maybe we aren't actually that good at judging

I don’t think the DL was the biggest problem. Once again they were far behind the secondary the LB in accountability 

23 minutes ago, owa said:

How about, he'd be a nice addition to an already dominant defense?  Would that be okay?  Seriously, when people were talking about a generational type player, I expected a lot more.  Heck, even his mom expects more.  Not sure what the issue is but you can sugar coat it all you want but he hasn't lived up to expectations.  I'm never sure if this is because of scheme or player though.  While I will note, he doesn't seem to win many one on one battles.  Not sure what that says...

I still think he'll end up being dominant but just will take a little more time than we expected. Some guys take a while to adjust playing against men.  Hopefully we don't give up on him

This is why I was weary of the Bosa comparisons for his rookie season.  Bosa was drafted onto an already very good defense.  Washington's defense was not good and has not been good in a long time.  Everyone seemed to assume the issues were not the players but Manusky.  Well it turns out a lot of these guys up front haven't done much better under Jack Del Rio.  Perhaps the issue wasn't the coaching and instead guys being improperly evaluated by the organizations scouts.  Maybe simply drafting as many Alabama players as possible because they were on a good defense in college wasn't the way to go?  I don't think anyone on the D-line is mediocre, but I think the best guy is injured (Ionnadis) and the future best guy is often times double teams as well as being chipped which means he is the one being game planned against, yet no one else currently on the line is good enough to use that to their own advantage.  

• Like 2