Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am hoping Chase Young can be our Nick Bosa.  The 49ers defense was good in 2018 but not really that over the top beast defense.  They drafted Bosa and he basically transformed the entire pass rush into a nasty unit.  That is what a true blue chipper can do, and fast.  They can take a respected unit and morph them into beasts that are a force to be reckoned with on every single snap of the ball.   JJ Watt did the same when he was drafted.    If the scouts honestly think Chase Young is THAT kind of player, you don't pass on him.

TJ Watt has similarly transformed the Steelers defense.  He should probably be DPOY. 

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

In fact Del Rio was named DC in Carolina in 2002 when they drafted Julius Peppers at #2

In 2012 he was named the Broncos DC when they drafted Von Miller at #2

Based on this, history's on the Skins side.  Here's hoping they take Young at #2  The results could be SICK

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I hope he wakes up everyday with 5inches of snow just in his driveway 

Or every time he gets a sweet bottle of the good stuff, it's like that scene in Constantine when dude pours and nothing comes out

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Chase Young will be good, but I don't see this "generational" or "NFL game-wrecker" thing happening.

Those that are seeing that may be wishful thinking and may be disappointed.

Mock me if you want, I'm just thinking rationally.

I'm with you. Granted, I am no draftnik, I only know what I read and see with my laypersons eyes. The guy who jumps off the page to me is Isaiah Simmons. I will be irritated if the Giants draft him and he turns out to be what I think he is.

Edited by Stadium-Armory

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Chase Young will be good, but I don't see this "generational" or "NFL game-wrecker" thing happening.

Well it's pretty rare for EVERYONE to be wrong. I can see if it was 50/50 with arguments on both sides, but literally everyone is in agreement he is the best player in the draft.

That much smoke can't be wrong.. and he's got the body of work and accolades to back it up. Nothing is a sure thing in this world.. but he's pretty close.

5 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

What is your opinion based on? 

Yeah kinda wondering that too. Scouts all in agreement that he's simply that damn good, analytics saying he's off the charts, stats there, film is there. 

But he's apparently just being "rational" when it seems like the opposite given all of the evidence against his position. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't think you're necessarily wrong. People hear "generational" and assume that means he's going to put up 20+ sacks a year with several forced fumbles.

I do think some here are going to ultimately be disappointed in Young if he doesn't, at minimum, go 10 sacks in his first year. 

So I'm in agreement in the sense that some here are going to see him, should the Skins draft him, and call him a bust unless he has a stupid season.

The term "generational" strictly refers to his athleticism in combination with his skill and mindset. He has tremendous potential. 

Even Aaron Donald, who most considered a game wrecker, had a quiet year to his standards... and I've heard some people (mostly on reddit/real life) claim that he's not as good as people make him out to be because of it.

So it's tough to say you're wrong. Context matters.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

My man must be on some seriously good ****.  :ols:

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/01/should-new-york-giants-considering-trading-up-for-chase-young/

So why not use the capital they saved by drafting Daniel Jones at their original sixth overall draft slot last year on a franchise player on defense?

Although it’s not likely and wouldn’t come cheap as they would have to make a deal with their division rivals, it may benefit the Redskins to make a deal with Big Blue. Washington has plenty of holes to fill and taking future picks away from a division rival could be a win/win for the Redskins.

We have seen the hefty price of moving up a few spots in recent drafts but the trade just may make sense for both teams.

Sure! We'd be happy to give up the pick and send our division rivals the best pass rushing prospect in the past 10 years so he can wreck us twice a season for the next 10+ years. Where do we sign up??

Only way I'd consider that is if the Giants literally gave us their next two entire drafts. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sure I'll trade #2 to the Giants. Just give me your next two 1sts...and Saquon.

New York fans always believe they're entitled to every superstar in every sport and every other team should just be a farm system for them. Its a joke. Newsflash: your city's teams are all trash except the Yankees who spend a billion dollars a year and still haven't won a World Series this decade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1