skinfan2k

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

Recommended Posts

do we like Santos? 

 

Yall slackin on the commentary. Its been like 3 minutes and I have no idea who this guy is or if Dan ****ed up. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Llevron said:

do we like Santos? 

 

Yall slackin on the commentary. Its been like 3 minutes and I have no idea who this guy is or if Dan ****ed up. 

Well, what percentage of FAs that we have brought in have panned out? Good riddance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heaven help me, I'm getting pumped up about this.  Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on me, fool me (x = x + 1) times shame on me ... I can't help it, I am so hoping this 2 decade nightmare will be over and Rivera, along with a capable FO, can right the ship.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Art said:

 

Haskins carried a higher prospect grade than Mayfield and all of Haskins' negatives were around his minimal play time, meaning vast upside with time.   Mayfield had physical negatives you can't fix.    Haskins would be a Top 5 pick this year with more time and a similar year at Ohio State.

 

Anyone know how to undo a Bloody Mary curse?

 

Asking for a friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Curious as to how Ron Rivera would handle this 😆

 

(Purple nurple gif)

Looks like my reaction whenever my older brother gives me purple nurples 😂😂😂😂 

 

he’s 31, and sadly he’s never going to grow out of that phase 😂😂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Llevron said:

 

Reminds me of how the Eagles Moved on from Ried. 

 

Record wise I kind of see what you are saying, but there is so much that's different. No sale of a team and Reid had a lot longer of a stay (14 seasons as opposed to 9). 

 

I'd also say Reid went from 5-11 his first year to 5 seasons of 11+ in a row. Ron's never chained together two winning seasons. 

 

Finally when Reid was let go it was pretty much some BS 'celebration of coach Andy' whereas Ron was fired mid season. 

 

Very different on many levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

do we like Santos? 

 

Yall slackin on the commentary. Its been like 3 minutes and I have no idea who this guy is or if Dan ****ed up. 

Not sure. Just saw he was tight with Bruce so probably an idiot.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grantarchy said:

Heaven help me, I'm getting pumped up about this.  Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on me, fool me (x = x + 1) times shame on me ... I can't help it, I am so hoping this 2 decade nightmare will be over and Rivera, along with a capable FO, can right the ship.  

At a certain point, you just hope and believe in the "due theory".  Obviously changes had to be made, but this franchise has not been hemorrhaging draft picks over the last 10 years, and they have been building through the draft which is good.  Dan and Vinny did a LOT of damage to this franchise and set it back many years. One would think, given how football ops have been run here and the influx of youth into the roster, that it would pan out into some semblance of success over the next couple of years.  I am cautiously optimistic.

Edited by RSanz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Longtime guys like Hess and Santos following Allen out the door DOES make this feel different, I have to say. I really think Rivera knows what kind of structure he wants and is getting it. 

 

Someone earlier (maybe tso or KDawg?) posted that they wanted to see if Rivera would truly have the power to oust guys like Hess if he wanted...well, here we are. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

 

Anyone know how to undo a Bloody Mary curse?

 

Asking for a friend.

 

You can look it up.   Haskins had a higher draft grade last year than Mayfield.   And all his negatives were from having one year in college.   If you think Burrow, who wasn't good enough to beat out Haskins at Ohio State would have out performed Haskins this year if had stayed, given Haskins had quite similar numbers last year to Burrow this year, you're fooling yourself.   Haskins would be behind a healthy Tua in this draft.   And no one else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TK said:

@KDawg did. :)

 

I liked how in tune he was with his job. And I think he found a few guys. I just don't know how good he was at it. I'm not sure if he was hamstrung by Allen or was in agreement with him.

 

But, since you went and threw me under the moving bus :ols: here's the story:

 

Was doing a game for ES Coverage and he was directly in front of me. One of the Skins LBs went down and he immediately pulled out a spreadsheet with a bunch of free agents on it and began making phone calls to set up workouts with guys. It was about a 2 minute space between the injury and him being on the phone. 

 

And he said hi once. Unlike the other FO guys. :ols:

 

Though Theismann sprayed hairspray in my eye in the bathroom one time at New Meadowlands. Which isn't at all relevant but it's one of my most proud moments. :ols:

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

 

If this is true, just think about it. 

 

Ron is coming here to evaluate the opportunity while he's already been rumored to be offered the job and Dan is chopping flesh like he works in a slaughter house. The firings are completely justified, but still you are trying to persuade someone that was recently fired? 

 

I'm sure Ron is a big boy and if he's on the fence Dan will throw money at it. The side issue is that Ron is still getting paid from the Panthers (guaranteed contract), so it's not like he needs a job. He's getting paid no matter what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Though Theismann sprayed hairspray in my eye in the bathroom one time at New Meadowlands.

 

Redken? Paul Mitchell? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

 

I liked how in tune he was with his job. And I think he found a few guys. I just don't know how good he was at it. I'm not sure if he was hamstrung by Allen or was in agreement with him.

 

But, since you went and threw me under the moving bus :ols: here's the story:

 

Was doing a game for ES Coverage and he was directly in front of me. One of the Skins LBs went down and he immediately pulled out a spreadsheet with a bunch of free agents on it and began making phone calls to set up workouts with guys. It was about a 2 minute space between the injury and him being on the phone. 

 

And he said hi once. Unlike the other FO guys. :ols:

 

Though Theismann sprayed hairspray in my eye in the bathroom one time at New Meadowlands.

I want you to know I have him some **** for you in an elevator one time when he cut a RB you were high on. Just for you. :)

 

Also, in Connecticut, he had no idea who Fonzie was when he walked right by us.  Ayeeee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TK said:

I want you to know I have him some **** for you in an elevator one time when he cut a RB you were high on. Just for you. :)

 

Also, in Connecticut, he had no idea who Fonzie was when walked right by us.  Ayeeee 

 

:ols:

 

I'm still mad about that cut.

 

I was trying to paint him in a kinder light while leaving my negative opinions in the wind. You went and blew my cover twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Unbias said:

 

 

If this is true, just think about it. 

 

Ron is coming here to evaluate the opportunity while he's already been rumored to be offered the job and Dan is chopping flesh like he works in a slaughter house. The firings are completely justified, but still you are trying to persuade someone that was recently fired? 

 

I'm sure Ron is a big boy and if he's on the fence Dan will throw money at it. The side issue is that Ron is still getting paid from the Panthers (guaranteed contract), so it's not like he needs a job. He's getting paid no matter what. 

 

He's not persuading anyone. It's done and these are changes Rivera wants. I think that's obvious. It was done before we ever heard about it, essentially and it was DONE done before he got on that plane with his family. This isn't woo-ing a FA. Rivera has the job. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.