Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith's future with the team....

NoCalMike

17 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Alex Smith is a highly intelligent man, I expect he has a plan in place that allows him to make his money and set himself up for the future. I hope he does become part of the Redskins FO. He may be exactly what the team needs to turn the culture around.

I would hope that $72m would have already have several generations of Smiths set up for the future. ..

22 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I would hope that $72m would have already have several generations of Smiths set up for the future. ..

When all is said and done, an average QB will have made $9M per game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He has to be the most expensive QB (make that player) in NFL history.

And what was the Chief's compensation?  A promising young DB and a third-round pick?  This just gets better and better the more I think about it.😠

• 2 weeks later...

Will be very interesting to see what happens with Smith, as most figured he does 'appear' to have forged an inside track to the top man. 

His salary is gtd for 2020. However we also have a reported 12mil insurance pay-out against him if he can't play again. 

I'd personally like to see him stick around. He will have value to add to this organisation moving forward.

7 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

In 10 games last season, Alex Smith had worse stats than Case Keenum did in 10 this season.  They should have cut him this year, but now that he's BFF's with Snyder, he's more likely than not going to return.

And our record was 6-3 and leading the NFCE.  Alex Smith, hobbled or not, is hands down better than DH7 at this point.  The Kid needs to sit like Rodgers did, if Alex wins the starting QB job.

16 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

In 10 games last season, Alex Smith had worse stats than Case Keenum did in 10 this season.  They should have cut him this year, but now that he's BFF's with Snyder, he's more likely than not going to return.

7 minutes ago, SlobberknockerSkinsFan said:

And our record was 6-3 and leading the NFCE.  Alex Smith, hobbled or not, is hands down better than DH7 at this point.  The Kid needs to sit like Rodgers did, if Alex wins the starting QB job.

you are both wrong.  Cutting him increases his cap hit by almost 11 mil, but he is not the guy who should be starting

Just now, carex said:

you are both wrong.  Cutting him increases his cap hit by almost 11 mil, but he is not the guy who should be starting

Cutting him going into or during this season would have been a bigger cap hit, but it would have been better eating it now than continuing to pay him.

5 minutes ago, SlobberknockerSkinsFan said:

Did you watch Smith play?  He left numerous points on the field week after week after week.  There are multiple ways to when football games.  One of them is excellent play from the QB.  He was not the reason the Redskins were 6-3.   I would rather take my chances with Haskins.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I think what we would get is cap relief, they would absorb a portion of his contract and that will probably be the highlight of the trade for us.  Similar to some of the moves the Rams made late this year.

Be nice if that happened.  Guess time will tell. :) 

On 12/30/2019 at 11:41 AM, cakmoney61 said:

Did you watch Smith play?  He left numerous points on the field week after week after week.  There are multiple ways to when football games.  One of them is excellent play from the QB.  He was not the reason the Redskins were 6-3.   I would rather take my chances with Haskins.

Totally agree.....and people need to stop saying "6-3".....We were 6-4 cause we were on our way towards losing that game against Texans whether Smith got hurt or not. 

On 12/30/2019 at 11:31 AM, SlobberknockerSkinsFan said:

The **** you're sniffing is not stepped on..........FOH.......DH takes a **** & piss on a healthy Alex Smith. DH 5x the ability and heart Alex Smith ever had. And I like Alex Smith. But the only thing Smith has over DH is experience. Obviously because DH is a rookie. Alex Smith is a good game manager. He cant win you a game, he can only try to keep you from losing. Big difference.....

I guess I'm in the minority here.  I think the idea of Alex making it back to the field is inspiring.  I also think that he can still help a team, whether as a starter or a veteran backup.  I'd take him in a second over Case Keenan, even though I like Case too.

Archived