Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith's future with the team....

NoCalMike

8 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Right now in salary alone, the cap hit is 32.2M and they have 35.6M in cap space.  Even if AS would be dumb enough to take a physical, they wouldn't have enough cap space to sign all the draft picks and cut him.  Not to mention contingency cap space in case there is a need to sign anyone else for any reason.  Stop saying they can cut AS because they cant cut him. 

just to clarify this, that 32.2 mil is 16mil 2020 gtd salary and 3 x 5.4mil annual signing bonus allocations.

and our current cap allocation already includes 21.2 mil of that, being the 16mil salary and one of the 5.4 mil.

so to cut him this year will ONLY add the remaining 10.8 mil of charge. (2 x 5.4mil)

so 35.6mil less the extra 10.8 =24.8 mil remainder having absorbed the full 32.2 hit.

that is very doable.

all that said, since my original post I’ve watched that project-11 documentary and to be honest, more so than ever, the team will need to put business second and fulfill its moral obligation to the guy first. That could lead to one of several outcomes and time will tell what route we/Alex follow.

• 7 months later...
On 1/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

The **** you're sniffing is not stepped on..........FOH.......DH takes a **** & piss on a healthy Alex Smith. DH 5x the ability and heart Alex Smith ever had. And I like Alex Smith. But the only thing Smith has over DH is experience. Obviously because DH is a rookie. Alex Smith is a good game manager. He cant win you a game, he can only try to keep you from losing. Big difference.....

Oh my. What a difference a year makes now doesn’t it??? For all of you that supported the now former Washington Clown QB, over Alex Smith, i hope you’ve changed your tune a bit. He can’t win you games they said, yet 4-2 under Smith smells a lot like 6-3 under Smith a year ago doesn’t it? 

Good riddance Haskins, even Heinecke out played your sorry ass! 

Archived