TK

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

Anderson out on what I admit was a very, very bad play... but the dude who punked Quinn is still in? 

• Thanks 1

it wasn't a dirty hit. He led too far with his helmet but it wasn't on a defenseless player. Bull**** ejection IMO.

Just now, ntotoro said:

Anderson out on what I admit was a very, very bad play... but the dude who punked Quinn is still in? 

nah, it was a clean play.  Anderson clearly lowered his shoulder to hit Olsen in his core or upper body.  Olsen leaned forward with his neck and head and ended up initiating that contact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

Terrible take. Lowering your hat to hit is awful. It’s the same play that cost us Jordan Reed and likely ended his career.

But Keanu Neal wasn't kicked out of the game. Hell in that infamous Dallas game helmet to helmet hit on Thanksgiving they didn't even throw the flag...

Just now, NickyJ said:

Watching it in slow motion, it doesn't look good.

Except plays don't happen in slow motion. What is Anderson supposed to do?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

This is why the H2H hard rule sucks.  Anderson lowers his head to attack the lower body.

Olson lowers his head to be absorb the impact. H2H connection.

= Defender gets ejected.

Penalty I understand, kicking him out after not kicking out the Panthers player during the punt is unfair.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That’s the right call

Maybe... But they set the precedent by not ejecting the player on that hit during the punt, which I think was much worse.

Just now, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

nah, it was a clean play.  Anderson clearly lowered his shoulder to hit Olsen in his core or upper body.  Olsen leaned forward with his neck and head and ended up initiating that contact.

I don’t understand how the NFL has such a hard time being honest about this kind of stuff. I think they would rather say the players are malicious than admit the game is just violent and these thing happen. 

• Like 2

Just now, Saeth29 said:

Maybe... But they set the precedent by not ejecting the player on that hit during the punt, which I think was much worse.

it was WAY worse, he was defensless and stationary, it was the definition of what the rule is supposed to be

• Like 1