Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Lions

KDawg

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think he's a victim of this being a bad team and not being the best in the league at his position (which is why Way gets mentioned).

If this was a better team I think you'd see more praise for Hopkins.

Probably right, but that was good to see the guy bouncing back from that choke last week.

Thought Holcomb played good also. Apke had a great stop on ST as well.

Best part about the game is that we're playing young players that are slowly starting to contribute, and that's what matters the most to me. 

Wait..i missed it I guees..so let me get this right...there was still time on the clock and the skins had to bring in a different qb to take a knee to finish the game because haskins was taking selfies?...sorry again I missed it..must have been cleaning up getting ready to leave the folkes place 

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wait..i missed it I guees..so let me get this right...there was still time on the clock and the skins had to bring in a different qb to take a knee to finish the game because haskins was taking selfies?...sorry again I missed it..must have been cleaning up getting ready to leave the folkes place

Yeah they somehow found a way to screw up the game winning field goal and the victory formation kneel down.  

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yes.

Which was... different. And a bad look. But not the end of the world (though combined with other actions it's a little worse, but still not the end of the world)

The problem was in the post game presser when he basically gave himself the credit for the final drive and then stated, "I'm a closer". Yes, the guy who has one win and didn't lead a touchdown drive, is a closer.

We're close. With a closer.

Not to take anything away from the player KDawg mentioned above, they played their asses off.  I like that we seem to slowly be getting a nice group of young guys who are willing to play hard.

But

We won only because the Lions really suck without Stafford.

I still hold hope for Haskins.  He's a kid.  Granted, he seems very self-centered, but he's still a big kid playing a man's game for lot of money.  He just won his first NFL game.  I'm willing to look past the selfie.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

thanks but isn't that the sack they are actually referring to?  I am no Jonathan Allen hater, loved the pick when it happened.  I am just repeating that PFF judging by their scores think little of the season he is having.  But have liked Payne and Settle and Ionnaidis.  none of whom have great scores but they do have good scores. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 9.54.14 AM.png

Yeah I liked the pick too but by now I was expecting a bigger impact player.  He's been pretty good but pretty good was not what we were thinking on draft day.

16 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Best part about the game is that we're playing young players that are slowly starting to contribute, and that's what matters the most to me. 

Exactly.  There is no need to run out the vets who wont be here next year or the year after unless we have to do so.  Doing is the best way to learn.

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah I liked the pick too but by now I was expecting a bigger impact player.  He's been pretty good but pretty good was not what we were day,

Agreed. I think Payne has been a better player inside. I also think Ion May be the best of the three. Settle has also proven his worth. Right now I’m glad to have them all, but come contract time it’s going to be tough to keep them all and still field a team. I get the sense that Allen is a/the odd man out at the moment.

Which makes now a good time to look into trade opportunities (now meaning the offseason). You don’t need to take one. But if you get a decent haul and you don’t intend to keep him, pull the trigger. (This process can take a few off seasons, to make sure the other guys are what we think, everyone is healthy, etc.)

But I’m an advocate of listening to trade offers for everyone all the time.

Just now, Stone Cold said:

Haskins did not okay well.  QBs are measured by Ws and SBs.  He was crazy excited about getting a W even tho he played horriawful.  I find that encouraging.  

Still working that fun stuff out of your system brother? :ols:

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes.

Which was... different. And a bad look. But not the end of the world (though combined with other actions it's a little worse, but still not the end of the world)

The problem was in the post game presser when he basically gave himself the credit for the final drive and then stated, "I'm a closer". Yes, the guy who has one win and didn't lead a touchdown drive, is a closer.

You're right, not the "end of the world", but, the taking a selfie with a fan before the game was actually over is,...more than just a bad look.  I keep hearing how this kid wants to be seen and respected as a leader on the team.  First off, he can't manufacture this perception of himself as a "leader", it comes with time and experience.  It's your actions, how you perform and execute on and off the field that gain the respect of your teammates.  That includes every play,..even the simplest of them all -- the victory formation kneel down.  The QB has to have the ultimate situational awareness and professionalism.  He deserves to be grilled for it by the coaches and the fans.  Fooking ridiculous man,.....I woulda been livid if I was the HC.  Ha,..he said he's "closer" -- yeah,...I don't see it. 

35 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah they somehow found a way to screw up the game winning field goal and the victory formation kneel down.  

Sooo the lions punted to us with how much time on the clock?..wasnt it just a couple seconds?..how did they screw up the game winning fg?

1 hour ago, Tedskins 21 said:

I love Settle.  There are a couple keepers on D, and he is one of the few.

I was on the Settle bandwagon very early - before the team even picked him. I wanted them to get him just never thought he would last until the 5th rd. I backed that up by selecting him our mock draft a full month before the Redskins. He will just continue to get better the more reps he gets. 

Many really trashed me on Settle. Called him fat and lazy. Not going to cite names as they know who they were..  🙂  

50 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

No time left on the clock. Everyone is mistaken, including the Redskins who brought in the other QB to snap the ball AT ZERO 

48 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

46 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes.

20 minutes ago, Probos said:

You're right, not the "end of the world", but, the taking a selfie with a fan before the game was actually over is,...more than just a bad look. 

Guys im not making this stuff up 

image.png.d906c7c1d00e915671d5a41d6f5d927d.png

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No time left on the clock. Everyone is mistaken, including the Redskins who brought in the other QB to snap the ball AT ZERO 

clock on fox was botched at the end of the game. It didn't run properly when there was 16s left with Lions ball. It didn't run well after the run/pitch/down by contact by Driskel...

So, if Fox's clock is your source, it's dead wrong.

The only clock that matters is the one refs have.

I agree that Haskins needs to mature and also don't have much confidence that he will ultimately be the guy here (or anywhere), but....

I think there are some relatively recent examples of great QBs demonstrating some similar behavior during their learning process. Nothing is apples-to-apples, but Brett Favre and Steve Young both showed all sorts of signs of immaturity. Favre ran around like a lunatic, tackled teammates after TDs, etc. Young openly pouted as a backup to the best QB of all-time. 

So, even though I'm not holding my breath for Haskins, there are examples of guys who act immaturely and childish ultimately figuring it out and winning in the league. 

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

clock on fox was botched at the end of the game. It didn't run properly when there was 16s left with Lions ball. It didn't run well after the run/pitch/down by contact by Driskel...

So, if Fox's clock is your source, it's dead wrong.

The only clock that matters is the one refs have.

I dunno whats happening to be honest. All i know is that **** says zero 

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Probably a little of both. They accidentally did their homework on McLaurin when they went to Haskins pro day and McLaurin was running routes with him. I'm sure at that point they paid much more attention to his film and realized what kind of person/player he was. So I'd say they absolutely did their homework, but I think him running routes for Haskins is what really got their attention.

Watching Mclaurin, I sit wondering why he didnt do more at OSU.  He's clearly gonna be a better pro than he was a college player.

I'm going to say Haskins was NOT a dud. I posted this in the other thread but what was he supposed to say in the post game? "When did you think you'd win the game" "before the game". How's the a bad answer. He mentioned his wrist hurting and didn't expand on it. The media goes quiet. The stuff on the selfie, like I said in the other thread why are people so willing to blame him and call it a rookie thing but not say anyhting about the clock going to 0:00. TO mean that means game over. That needs to be taken into account. And all the stuff about narcism and confidence. The dude literally gave praise to McLaurin in the press conference, talked about what McLaurin said to him, how he was the first guy who believed in him. I'm not willing to give Haskins a game ball, but he was not a dud. 

I'll say that Bostic impressed me today. He was good in coverage and made some plays. 

Moreland. He impressed me. I thought in prediction thread that he'd get his first INT of the year today and he almost did. I know he's kicking himself today but he did a good job in defense. 

Moreland, Dunbar, Moreau - they did a good job of shutting down some good WRs in Detroit. Given they didn't have a good QB throwing to them, but that hasn't hurt opposing QBs before. So i give them credit. 

Holcomb - He had a sack and seemed to be around the ball. 

Collins. I really didn't like this signing but he is proving to be a good in the box S. Could we have used more or done better? I don't know But I tought he had a good game for what he does. 

OF course, there's Harmon and McLaurin. Those two are giving me hope for the future. I was just teasing my Eagles friend that who would have thought that we'd have better WRs than them. 

Sims. This guy is a playmaker. I would like to see him get the ball more. If its just screens and sweeps then fine but lets get him in space. I think he could easily replace Quinn as the slot guy, but I think Cal is going to make him do more first before giving it to him. 

Went to Tampa and didn't watch the game. Interesting to see what happened yesterday in SynderSkins land. My gut tells me Dwayne will flame out here in a couple of years. Why?  When you are the choice of the owner, the owner will do everything to coddle him. Dan or Bruce isn't going to hire the right coach , who may be able to develop Haskins.

My choice would to leave the QB decision to the new coach. If the new coach feels he can develop Dwayne fine. If the new coach wants go to in a different, he should be able to.

I don't have confidence for the potential Haskins era.

16 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Went to Tampa and didn't watch the game. Interesting to see what happened yesterday in SynderSkins land. My gut tells me Dwayne will flame out here in a couple of years. Why?  When you are the choice of the owner, the owner will do everything to coddle him. Dan or Bruce isn't going to hire the right coach , who may be able to develop Haskins.

What if Dan become enamored with one of those next QB like Tua and have a real option at drafting him?

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Yes.

That Post game presser. Wow!  I have to say, the kid acted like a complete Douchebag.  ****y, Arrogant, Rude. Not a good look for a kid who has miles and miles to go to be considered a good QB. At this point. he hasn't even made it to the mediocre level yet. He's young and immature and hopefully will outgrow this. If he doesn't, he will have zero success in this league!!  

Archived