PCS

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

Recommended Posts

On 11/25/2019 at 12:50 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

 

In fact part of the reason why the selfie doesn't matter to me is I can just see him being so nice with the fans vying for his attention that he got caught in the moment for totally good intentions. 

 


If you think his intentions were anything other than a narcissistic stunt aimed to bring attention to his "me me me" attitude then you are naive my friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blue Ridger said:

 

 

If you think you know his true intentions, OK.    It's not worth debating for me since I don't care.   I got some concerns about Haskins -- his selfie not among them.  But to each their own. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone claiming that he was celebrating the win by doing selfies with fans realize that the game wasn't even over yet when this was going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn't seem to have much "touch" on his throws, everything is like a fastball and high above the receivers head ,maybe he will do better as he gets playing time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, c slag said:

He doesn't seem to have much "touch" on his throws, everything is like a fastball and high above the receivers head ,maybe he will do better as he gets playing time 

I think that is a complaint that a lot of strong armed QBs get. I remember that was something that people killed Brett Farve over throughout his career. Mind you, Brett had much better aim with his fastball. At the moment, Haskins is spraying it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xameil said:

You can say whatever you want about Snyder...but this part I think we can all agree is completely not true...he just doesnt know how to hire the right people

I think the midget wants to win but I disagree with one point of your statement.  He COULD hire the right person.  That person would freeze Synder out of the decision process. Synder wants to hire yes men that will do what he says.  He wants to win his way, snd if he can’t, to hell with the fans, he’ll be just as happy to lose his way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:


Man, at this point I think Quinn might be the worst slot wr in the league. He has 26 receptions for 200 yds on a team that has no TE. That’s phenomenal. 
 

And I don’t understand if injuries slowed him down or something because coming out of SMU he had 114 catches for 1236 yds and 13 tds. What happened! 

 

I'm gonna blame some,...maybe even a little more of his lack of production this season on the current situation with this team -- three different QBs, two different HC's (one that has very little imagination from an offensive standpoint) and I would argue that lack of TE play has contributed.  Without that threat other aspects of the offense get more attention from the defense.  

 

That said, he was the last pick in the draft and seems to be slightly injury prone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smith told him, for example, to lift weights on Tuesday rather than Wednesday. The quarterbacks get the game plan on Wednesday, so by lifting Tuesday, he has more time to devote to studying. A game plan for one week might be thicker than a college playbook for the season. Every week in the NFL, there will be new packages for third down or the red zone, for example.

"There's such a big learning curve on how to prepare, how to practice. That was a shock for me," Smith said.

The result: Haskins now arrives at Redskins Park at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, an hour earlier than he had been before this advice. Now he lifts, watches film and then on Wednesdays devotes more time to studying.

"It helps with knowing more situational stuff," Haskins said, "and having more confidence because you went over the play instead of six times maybe eight or nine times. ... It's watching a protection one more time or going over this concept again and then going against it vs. a different coverage you might not have talked about before. You're more prepared."

 

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/39277/dwayne-haskins-has-found-a-trusted-mentor-in-alex-smith

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

 I honestly think that Callahan felt that   Haskins was more likely to **** things up at that stage and take them out of field goal range, so he figured take the field goal with 20 seconds remaining and not risk a fumbled handoff, a holding call, or Haskins being a total idiot and doing something we cannot even fathom.

 

Wow - you could be rt, but that is such a loser mentality,  All Haskins would have to do is take a few knees - Callahan doesn't even trust him that much?

 

Also - the previous play by Skins was not even out of bounds.  Why did the Redskins rush to take a timeout?  Let the clock run down to a few seconds or let the Lions take a timeout.  It makes no sense for the Skins to take a timeout rt away & leave 20+ seconds on the clock.

 

The Lions were moving the ball with ease at that time & could have easily got in FG range if they didn't turn the ball over.  Oh well - these type of things certainly ensure that Callahan won't retain the HC job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Csup said:

I think the midget wants to win but I disagree with one point of your statement.  He COULD hire the right person.  That person would freeze Synder out of the decision process. Synder wants to hire yes men that will do what he says.  He wants to win his way, snd if he can’t, to hell with the fans, he’ll be just as happy to lose his way.

 

There you go.  The translation is that Snyder really doesn't want to win.  Sure - every owner wants to win just like everyone wants to be in shape or get rich.  However -these all involve sacrifices & the ability to change habits & mimic the habits of successful people.  Absolutely nothing with Snyder indicates that he is willing to do the proven things necessary to build a winner. 

 

He showed some potential when they hired Scott M as a GM but wiped all of that out when they fired him & subsequently that dolt Allen retook over some of those duties.  If they would have immediately hired a proven GM type they likely would have been in much better shape & Snyder's reputation would be better.  Just the total look of horrendous leadership.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t want to draft Haskins. I predicted a 4-12 season and thought this year’s rookie crop was superior. 

 

That said, it feels like as a community we are dumping 28 years of frustration at his feet. You see this in not so subtle ways when Haskins is referenced as Snyder’s pick. 

 

I didn’t want him, but he’s ours and I think he deserves a chance to develop, suffer growing pains, and prove himself. 

 

Right now, he looks pretty bad, but the NFL is littered with bum rookie QBs. Some became Hall of Famers while others became busts. All I ask is we turn it down a notch

 

Haskins doesn’t deserve all the hate Bruce Allen or Dan Snyder have accrued over the years. He deserves a chance to be a rookie. 

 

And i think y’all are hating because you wanted to be in that selfie. 🤪

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I didn’t want to draft Haskins. I predicted a 4-12 season and thought this year’s rookie crop was superior. 

 

That said, it feels like as a community we are dumping 28 years of frustration at his feet. You see this in not so subtle ways when Haskins is referenced as Snyder’s pick. 

 

I didn’t want him, but he’s ours and I think he deserves a chance to develop, suffer growing pains, and prove himself. 

 

Right now, he looks pretty bad, but the NFL is littered with bum rookie QBs. Some became Hall of Famers while others became busts. All I ask is we turn it down a notch

 

Haskins doesn’t deserve all the hate Bruce Allen or Dan Snyder have accrued over the years. He deserves a chance to be a rookie. 

 

And i think y’all are hating because you wanted to be in that selfie. 🤪

 

I think he's bad at football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I didn’t want to draft Haskins. I predicted a 4-12 season and thought this year’s rookie crop was superior. 

 

That said, it feels like as a community we are dumping 28 years of frustration at his feet. You see this in not so subtle ways when Haskins is referenced as Snyder’s pick. 

 

I didn’t want him, but he’s ours and I think he deserves a chance to develop, suffer growing pains, and prove himself. 

 

Right now, he looks pretty bad, but the NFL is littered with bum rookie QBs. Some became Hall of Famers while others became busts. All I ask is we turn it down a notch

 

Haskins doesn’t deserve all the hate Bruce Allen or Dan Snyder have accrued over the years. He deserves a chance to be a rookie. 

 

And i think y’all are hating because you wanted to be in that selfie. 🤪

 

I have seen this take (most/all fans hating Haskins) recently by others & I believe that it is overstated.  I don't believe that most fans hate Haskins or want him gone - they are just frustrated by his flaws & the whole selfie thing (along w/ his inaccuracy)  just amped things up a bit.  He is showing some signs of improvement but is certainly not a good QB at this time.

 

That being said I am certainly pulling for the kid, and I believe that he can still be a good NFL QB.  I am encouraged by the play of L. Jackson.  Granted he & Haskins are two totally different types of QBs.  However Jackson improved dramatically from last season & that likely is a product of good coaching & hard work by Jackson. No reason to think that this cannot also occur for Haskins (perhaps not to the same level). 

 

We truly need to wait until mid-late 2020 to see if Haskins will be the long term answer for this team.  This will give them time to have the rt coaching staff, give Haskins time to learn & implement things & hopefully also allow the team to make some improvements for the rest of the offense. We will see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

 

I think he's bad at football.

I won't argue. Right now, he has shown himself to be lousy at football. 

 

I still think some of the reactions are over the top :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Burgold It’s funny, I was just coming on to post something in a similar vein.

 

The context around Haskins and this team - while I’m not suggesting it absolves everything we’ve seen from Haskins - should be kept in mind.  I was trying to picture myself in his shoes, and the first thought that came to me was that if I were a top quarterback coming out in the draft, even as a devout fan of this team, I wouldn’t want to be drafted into this **** show.  Knowing I’d have to deal with all the black hole stuff of the FO/ownership, a fan base that judges the minutiae harshly, the media/social media that broadcasts every nuance or misstep, leaks from staff that color opinion, let alone the iffy coaching, questionable talent, fan disinterest, etc... no thank you.  
Again, not saying this (and his youth) absolves anything, but it explains some thing’s a bit.  

One last thing on context - Haskins strikes me as a guy that takes the game seriously, and doesn’t engage in some of the extracurricular things that could adversely affect his career (drugs, drinking, women, crime, etc).  Glad to see he’s taking Smith’s advice and running with it.  I think he’s got the drive to improve, but now it’s a question of how much he can.  

 

 

 

Anyway, I’m hoping to see a playback of the game, because live, it looked like he missed a lot of throws by inches, along with his receivers making a few (or so) spectacular catches.  As much as I question his decision-making off the field (not as much as some on here, but still), I’m fairly happy with his decisions on the field.  Lot to work on, but personally I see some legitimate potential.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dicksogj said:

 

I have seen this take (most/all fans hating Haskins) recently by others & I believe that it is overstated.  I don't believe that most fans hate Haskins or want him gone - they are just frustrated by his flaws

 

We got people on here upset when hes dancing pregame. Upset that he purchased a car with his own money. And people that make fun of his English and call him stupid because of 5 words he said before he was drafted. 

 

Thats pure hate. And its driving the conversation on him in some cases. We could be such a better fan base if we avoided that stuff and called it out when we see it. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching Goff last night, I would rather have Haskins at this point in his career than Super Bowl Contender Jared Goff at this point in HIS career. Yeesh that guy stinks right now, and he is in the $$$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dballer said:

After watching Goff last night, I would rather have Haskins at this point in his career than Super Bowl Contender Jared Goff at this point in HIS career. Yeesh that guy stinks right now, and he is in the $$$$

 

Well thats the thing. We gotta hope Haskins figures it out before he needs another contract OR hes so good by that time that we cant pass him up. Both are difficult to see right now. 

 

I still think I would rather build a team without a QB and then draft one every year until someone can take the job and run with it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

Well thats the thing. We gotta hope Haskins figures it out before he needs another contract OR hes so good by that time that we cant pass him up. Both are difficult to see right now. 

 

I still think I would rather build a team without a QB and then draft one every year until someone can take the job and run with it. 

Yep. Having a franchise QB is huge, but how many Super Bowls has Aaron Rogers won or even reached? What about Dan Marino? Heck, John Elway only began winning them when he was a shadow of himself.

 

It's easy to put all the eggs in the QB basket, but having a good/great team to support that QB is still essential.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I didn’t want to draft Haskins. I predicted a 4-12 season and thought this year’s rookie crop was superior. 

 

That said, it feels like as a community we are dumping 28 years of frustration at his feet. You see this in not so subtle ways when Haskins is referenced as Snyder’s pick. 

 

It’s understandable though.  Well run front offices passed on Haskins and it’s well known Haskins was Synder’s guy.
 

But here we are again.  The never ending debate on whether a QB will become the Redskins franchise QB.  It’s a never ending saga.  With only subtle differences, we’ve seen this same debate with Kirk Cousins, RG3 post 2012, Jason Campbell, etc.  The argument is always the same.  They are young.  They need more time. They are getting better because they completed 2 consecutive passes.  And without fail - it doesn’t work out - at least for the Redskins.

 

Maybe Haskins will become a great pro. But I don’t see how it will be with this organization.  It’s toxic to the core.  I do predict Haskins will improve his bowling score through his weekly bowling game with Synder. So there is that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we had a weak quarterback draft class coming out next year, the fanbase would be willing to be more patient with Haskins.  IMO, next year's draft is the biggest reason why people aren't willing to be patient and go through the growing pains with Haskins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Csup said:

 

 

Maybe Haskins will become a great pro. But I don’t see how it will be with this organization.  It’s toxic to the core.  I do predict Haskins will improve his bowling score through his weekly bowling game with Synder. So there is that.

This smacks of defeatism to me. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

We got people on here upset when hes dancing pregame. Upset that he purchased a car with his own money. And people that make fun of his English and call him stupid because of 5 words he said before he was drafted. 

 

Thats pure hate. And its driving the conversation on him in some cases. We could be such a better fan base if we avoided that stuff and called it out when we see it. 

Counter-point on the English thing: If it's about "The NFL done messed up", I for one don't think people are making fun of his English. They're making fun of him because he said that NFL made a mistake in not drafting him sooner. "Done messed up" just gets quoted a lot because it's the memorable part of the line, but after all that's happened, I don't blame people for mocking the idea that the NFL made a mistake. That all gets tied down to winning, and feeding the ongoing narrative that he's arrogant.

 

Dancing pregame and how he spends his money, I don't get why people would care so much about that. I wish I had millions of dollars to be able to spend on cars lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I think if we had a weak quarterback draft class coming out next year, the fanbase would be willing to be more patient with Haskins.  IMO, next year's draft is the biggest reason why people aren't willing to be patient and go through the growing pains with Haskins.

 

I feel you but I think we would just ruin another prospect. I know its not popular belief, but Haskins does have talent. Hes just a long long way from being able to use it to help us. And our organization I think is arguably the worst possible place for a young guy that needs to learn and has maturity issues to land. We may find a more mature guy in the draft, but even that guy will need help. And I dont think we have that help here. On the field or in the front office. Its sad, really. I hate watching potential come here to die. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Llevron said:

I feel you but I think we would just ruin another prospect. 

 

This is a good point.  However, at some point wouldn't they have to get lucky and hit on one?  And then let that guy walk in free agency for a compensatory 3rd round pick?

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.