Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Lots of great points in there.

My favorite to learn is that OCKOC is working closely with Haskins. It makes sense and its good to hear to those of us that think Kevin will be our next head coach.

Day worked with the best.

F5826F67-A896-4B36-ACB8-D61DE2232953.jpeg

Haskins looked good tonight. I’ve been cool with him playing during the season at some point just not right away.

The simplest way for me to explain my take is I want it to happen organically and don’t want to force it and I’d leave it up to the coaches who see him everyday.

If Haskins burns it up in practice and progresses fast, then start him. If he needs more time, give him more time.

41 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I think we over-scrutenize Haskins.  We want him to be perfect.  I think we're just desperate to have a true franchise QB with perennial playoff potential.  So desperate that were a bit irrationally afraid of screwing it up.

Mistakes with him are never brushed aside like other young QB's.

He misses a throw and we say, "this is why he's not ready, his foot wasnt quite where it should be on that throw."

Nah man, besides RG3 in 2012, every QB here gets overly scrutinized.  

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

His release is lightning quick...I remember someone on here saying that it was the fastest they'd seen since Marino, and I laughed it off. I probably shouldn't have lol...

The irony to that comment is Bill Polian made the same comment about RG3, quickest release according to him since Marino. So hopefully a comment like that about Haskins doesn’t jinx him. 😀

14 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

His release is lightning quick...I remember someone on here saying that it was the fastest they'd seen since Marino, and I laughed it off. I probably shouldn't have lol...

Right here homie lol

Release of marino..brain of brady/p manning, statue like b Roethlisberger in pocket..and the arm of favre/elway

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Nah man, besides RG3 in 2012, every QB here gets overly scrutinized.  

We gave so many passes to McNabb for more egregious mistakes than Haskins is making.  We gave passes to Rex Grossman, but that's more because he was well liked and we knew he was limited

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ravens brought the blitz repeatedly and the OLine was far from great.

Haskins was sharp all night.  Quick release, moved in the pocket...nothing close to a turnover.

I can’t help but be optimistic.

I agree 

This was his best game by far as of looking comfortable. I personally don't think he was ever given a good squad to play with during the preseason. With that being said he needs to keep learning. Sitting on the sideline for awhile will be a good thing for the young man.  No need to hurry him along when this team isn't going to win a Super Bowl with or without him this year. 

I thought this was Haskins best game.  Made a lot of good throws, but maybe even more impressive was he had some great pocket presence.  In reality, he was hurt by 3-4 easy drops by receivers, otherwise stat wise it would have been much more impressive.

I thought it was kind of sweet how Haskins and Sims hashed it out after Sims had that bad drop and that they spent their time on the sideline throwing to each other after that.  They're on the same level and they're hungry.

Haskins is sooooo eager to prove himself.  He is a very precocious young man, and you can tell he wants to conquer the NFL ASAP and he is in a super absorbent phase of his life and career.  And he is a prodigy who has the god given talent and intelligence to be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL one day.  But he is super green.  We need to rein him in and force him to be patient and learn.  A red shirt year is going to be good for him.  It'll help with the nerves. 

And it will also give this offensive line a chance to retool.  There is a core of talent there on the line but they're not ready to be a good unit yet.  And they need like two or three more guys.

Regarding the game itself, how about that touchdown to David Sims?  Haskins had the low option open and instead he drilled the high option on the run.  Alex Smith never attempts that throw.  It's fun having a big time talent at QB.

Wow is Joe Theismann a radical on the Haskins starts thing.  I am listening to him on the radio now, not only doesn't he want to start Haskins at all this season (I get that to a degree), he's not sure if he'd start Haskins in season 2 (to me that's nuts).  Part of his take is wrapped in homerism, he thinks they have a good shot at winning the division this season and they should resign Keenum and keep the Keenum era going so to speak.  

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wow is Joe Theismann a radical on the Haskins starts thing.  I am listening to him on the radio now, not only doesn't he want to start Haskins at all this season (I get that to a degree), he's not sure if he's start Haskins in season 2 (to me that's nuts).  Part of his take is wrapped in homerism, he thinks they have a good shot at winning the division this season and they should resign Keenum and keep the Keenum era going so to speak.  

Well...

I'd like whatever he's using to give him that kind of optimism... because mines close to E...

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wow is Joe Theismann a radical on the Haskins starts thing.  I am listening to him on the radio now, not only doesn't he want to start Haskins at all this season (I get that to a degree), he's not sure if he'd start Haskins in season 2 (to me that's nuts).  Part of his take is wrapped in homerism, he thinks they have a good shot at winning the division this season and they should resign Keenum and keep the Keenum era going so to speak.  

Joe is... a little crazy.  His on-air takes haven't been the best.  And that Haskins/Keenum take isn't even remotely realistic.

Archived