Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I’m not trying to get you to believe anything but I don’t follow what you are trying to argue here. 

Why are y’all so hostile today? Yeesh 

😅

All I’m saying is if you’re going to compare and criticize, don’t be a hypocrite.

Saying Alex has so much better IQ, then saying DH doesn’t for the exact same play.

1 minute ago, Riggodrill44 said:

All I’m saying is if you’re going to compare and criticize, don’t be a hypocrite.

Saying Alex has so much better IQ, then saying DH doesn’t for the exact same play.

What particular play did I mention? 

Edit: Past that, every QB has taken bad sacks. Does that mean they all have the same football IQ in your opinion? Unless you are saying EVERY QB is equal, than by your logic you are a hypocrite yourself. 

See? Fun right!? 

23 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Wow, remember when Alex Smith got benched for Kapernick? Then the”bust”got traded?. Some people just need a history lesson.SMH

Bust? 

Here is a history lesson for you:

When the 2011 season was finished, Smith had helped lead the 49ers to a 13–3 record in the regular season, including five come-from-behind victories in which four were on the road, and the 49ers earned a first-round bye in the playoffs. After 3 head coaches, 7 offensive coordinators, and 17 different starting wide receivers in the span of 7 seasons with the 49ers. Smith would finally make his first playoff appearance.

Alex was not benched.  Alex suffered a concussion. He was replaced by Colin Kaepernick. We all know what happened when Kaep become the QB. Harbaugh was impressed this his throwing and running ability. He decided to roll with Kaep instead. 

You simply can't compare Haskins to Alex. 

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Bust? 

Here is a history lesson for you:

When the 2011 season was finished, Smith had helped lead the 49ers to a 13–3 record in the regular season, including five come-from-behind victories in which four were on the road, and the 49ers earned a first-round bye in the playoffs. After 3 head coaches, 7 offensive coordinators, and 17 different starting wide receivers in the span of 7 seasons with the 49ers. Smith would finally make his first playoff appearance.

Alex was not getting the results Harbaugh wanted to take the team to the next level. So he benched him for Kaep. We all know what happened when Kaep become the QB. 

You simply can't compare Haskins to Alex. 

I know he got benched and traded twice. 
It is just like DH, who’s only started 9-10 games? How many offense has he had to learn? How many head coaches in the last 3 years.

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What particular play did I mention? 

Edit: Past that, every QB has taken bad sacks. Does that mean they all have the same football IQ in your opinion? Unless you are saying EVERY QB is equal, than by your logic you are a hypocrite yourself. 

See? Fun right!? 

I’m not saying all QB are equal, but you’re saying we should put more weight on one or the other for the exact same play.

19 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

You were saying how Alex had a better football IQ, not taking sacks.

Oh.....I was not my intent to lead you to believe that “not taking sacks” equates to “higher football IQ” when I specifically mentioned 2 other things in that exact same post you are obsessing over lol

If it makes you feel any better I don’t think Haskins is dumb. Far from it. I just think Smith has a lot of experience and practical application in his side that leads him to being a smarter football player. Specifically on field, where it matters. You haven’t provided me with any argument to that. You just keep talking out of your ass about sacks. 

12 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I’m not saying all QB are equal, but you’re saying we should put more weight on one or the other for the exact same play.

Quote me or it didn’t happen 

2 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I know he got benched and traded twice. 
It is just like DH, who’s only started 9-10 games? How many offense has he had to learn? How many head coaches in the last 3 years.

Two head coaches have not been high on him. One didn't even wanted him to be drafted. He was drafted because the owner's son went to school with him. 

Then Ron comes in and has no high hopes for him....hmmmmm.... You think Ron probably knows better than you. ;)

Why are we like this? 😂

I knew when Haskins missed the crossing route to McLaurin that this would be the result. 

Y'all really want to draft another rookie QB into THIS type of over reactionary, exaggerating, dramatic, groupthink of a fanbase? It's a trap.

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Two head coaches have not been high on him. One didn't even wanted him to be drafted. He was drafted because the owner's son went to school with him. 

Then Ron comes in and has no high hopes for him....hmmmmm.... You think Ron probably knows better than you. ;)

Maybe he didn’t like DH getting his ass fired? 
He’s had 4 head coaches in 3 years. 3 offense he’s had to learn.

My take on DH is he’s not comfortable in this offense to play fast. Last year, last two games , we saw a DH that had got comfortable in the offense.

15 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Why are we like this? 😂

I knew when Haskins missed the crossing route to McLaurin that this would be the result. 

Y'all really want to draft another rookie QB into THIS type of over reactionary, exaggerating, dramatic, groupthink of a fanbase? It's a trap.

Haskins did way more than miss a simple crossing route to McLaurin.  He was awful minus the first few snaps.  But whatever...

My real gripe here is the shear ridiculousness of making this about what fans say on the team forum.  It literally has zilch to do with what the player does, good or bad.  

Oh but how could I forget, you're super duper pro athlete guy that 'knows' more than us.  You would certainly know better than us the grave impacts of fan criticism on the team forum has.

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Haskins did way more than miss a simple crossing route to McLaurin.  He was awful minus the first few snaps.  But whatever...

My real gripe here is the shear ridiculousness of making this about what fans say on the team forum.  It literally has zilch to do with what the player does, good or bad.  

Oh but how could I forget, you're super duper pro athlete guy that 'knows' more than us.  You would certainly know better than us the grave impacts of fan criticism on the team forum has.

Lol insecurities and hater tendencies bubbling in your reply, but I will remove myself from disrupting the groupthink. It's hilarious to read fans complaining about things like running the clock before taking a knee. Haskins is the worst QB ever right? 

7 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Lol insecurities and hater tendencies bubbling in your reply, but I will remove myself from disrupting the groupthink. 

How will I ever curtail this overwhelming sense of inferiority that I feel in the presence of such an elite semi-pro athlete with such vast knowledge of sport?  Woe is me, for sure.

10 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

It's hilarious to read fans complaining about things like running the clock before taking a knee. Haskins is the worst QB ever right? 

Fans say dumb stuff all the time, but it has zero to do with whether or not the player succeeds or fails.  Hence why your arguments stink.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Yall get so sensitive over this guy its actually funny

If by sensitive you mean, enjoy poking fun at folks that act like they know everything...sure.

Reminds me of my cousin, who has worked plenty of jobs in labs - primarily maintenance type jobs, pretending to be a vaccine savant on the internet.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If by sensitive you mean, enjoy poking fun at folks that act like they know everything...sure.

Reminds me of my cousin, who has worked plenty of jobs in labs - primarily maintenance type jobs, pretending to be a vaccine savant on the internet.

Oh I dont mean you. We are actually on the same wavelength on this one which automatically makes you the good guy and correct 

it's crazy to me how many people give up on a QB.  Haskins is learning Scott/Ron, and vice versa.  Did Haskins play particularly well in the beginning?  Absolutely not.  Did he show flashes last year adn some this year, at times.  

Now he continues to learn, he's doing some things better but for sure has the potential.  Whether he takes the next step is up to him.  We live in a "give me satisfaction now" world with QB's, in the meantime we don't pay attention to those that do grow with time and practice.

For that reason, I hope he stays here and ends up our franchise QB, just to hush the armchair coaches a bit 💁‍♂️

31 minutes ago, superozman said:

it's crazy to me how many people give up on a QB.  Haskins is learning Scott/Ron, and vice versa.  Did Haskins play particularly well in the beginning?  Absolutely not.  Did he show flashes last year adn some this year, at times.  

Now he continues to learn, he's doing some things better but for sure has the potential.  Whether he takes the next step is up to him.  We live in a "give me satisfaction now" world with QB's, in the meantime we don't pay attention to those that do grow with time and practice.

For that reason, I hope he stays here and ends up our franchise QB, just to hush the armchair coaches a bit 💁‍♂️

The problem is that Haskins is still exhibiting pretty much the exact same fundamental problems with mechanics and accuracy he has been since day 1, with the exact same results on the field. 

31 minutes ago, superozman said:

Yeah but you don't want to spin too much time developing someone who just isn't improving simply because he was a first round pick. You probably think the Cardinals made a terrible choice moving on from Rosen, right?

More often than not, you can tell early on if someone "has" it. Did you watch Jalen Hurts and Tua yesterday? They have something to work with. I have yet to see anything from Haskins other than backup material. 

7 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Yeah but you don't want to spin too much time developing someone who just isn't improving simply because he was a first round pick. You probably think the Cardinals made a terrible choice moving on from Rosen, right?

More often than not, you can tell early on if someone "has" it. Did you watch Jalen Hurts and Tua yesterday? They have something to work with. I have yet to see anything from Haskins other than backup material. 

Agreed... Hurts and Tua pass the eye test. Haskins doesn't unfortunately.

Archived