Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It’s not the fans dictating this, it’s the locker room and coaches who allegedly didn’t like his personal stat celebration after getting whooped. Talk to them about it.

But yeah fans also don’t like when players yuk it up about their personal stats or celebrate after a bad loss, no matter how much things have objectively changed in the FA era. Doesn’t matter in this case because it’s not fans in the locker room, of course. 

I didn’t hear any player come out and say they were upset about him bragging about stats after loss. Sorry it sounds like hearsay and BS. What is not BS is the offensive, yes offensive performance we all as fans witnessed on field today.

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

300 yards and 1 TD is not looking like a miracle.

Kyle Allen scored a TD in 1 quarter of play. 

The standards around here are too low because we've been watching this team too long. 

Yea and if it wasn’t for an RG3 pick the team probably ends with 10 points also. The Ravens game wasn’t good at all. Got lucky with a garbage time td to make it look a little less like the blow out it was.

Just now, pico926 said:

I didn’t hear any player come out and say they were upset about him bragging about stats after loss. Sorry it sounds like hearsay and BS. What is not BS is the offensive, yes offensive performance we all as fans witnessed on field today.

then again bad stats only rarely lead to good results.

The guy went from his worst day regarding turnovers to his best yardage wise.  That's something to be somewhat proud of. 

3 minutes ago, Mooka said:

The standards around here are too low because we've been watching this team too long. 

How did Joe Burrow do against that Ravens defense this week?

Okay, but didn't do squat in the second half except that he got injured. He may well have scored 7 in total.

Also, did he throw anything more than 20 yards?  The longest pass today was just 18 whopping yards. That too to a runningback.

You think Mclaurin is happy?  Haskins was feeding him.

Just now, redskins59 said:

Okay, but didn't do squat in the second half except that he got injured. He may well have scored 7 in total.

Also, did he throw anything more than 20 yards?  The longest pass today was just 18 whopping yards. That too to a runningback.

You think anyone is happy at 1-5. Well, other than Haskins--he was pretty proud of that pointless 300-yrd game

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

giphy.gif

Canes GIF by Carolina Hurricanes - Find & Share on GIPHY

Just now, redskins59 said:

Haskins absolutely has a good connection with McLaurin. But Allen connected with him on a nice little YAC pass, too.

And again, Haskins was out today regardless. Smith looked really bad, which was to be expected, really. But I think he showed he shouldn’t be out there on the regular. 

Allen showed he can play a little bit. But nothing eye popping besides his mobility, which could be described as “good”. On the negative for Allen... that dude has no idea how to get down to avoid contact.

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Yeah, it's pretty funny that our two best players' (Young and McLaurin) are Haskins' biggest supporters, but we listen to guys like Thomas Davis, who is a few years away from getting his AARP card and has no future with this franchise.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

source.gif

kSL.gif

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

You think anyone is happy at 1-5. Well, other than Haskins--he was pretty proud of that pointless 300-yrd game

Keep in mind, everybody thought the D would be better.

People laughed at me only last week when I said it sucked.  The team is bad from amy angle you want to look at IMO.

The team as a whole is bad.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Do you think McClaurin was happy after his 100+ yard game last week. Sure he was disappointed in the loss but happy that he performed well. He had nothing to be “happy“ about today. Nothing

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

Do you think McClaurin was happy after his 100+ yard game last week. Sure he was disappointed in the loss but happy that he performed well. He had nothing to be “happy“ about today. Nothing

He's probably hanging with Dwayne, admiring his mural.

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Keep in mind, everybody thought the D would be better.

Actually, I've been saying our defense is decent corners and a good DL. The linebackers and safeties suck hot ass. So...I was first.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Haskins absolutely has a good connection with McLaurin. But Allen connected with him on a nice little YAC pass, too.

And again, Haskins was out today regardless. Smith looked really bad, which was to be expected, really. But I think he showed he shouldn’t be out there on the regular. 

Allen showed he can play a little bit. But nothing eye popping besides his mobility, which could be described as “good”. On the negative for Allen... that dude has no idea how to get down to avoid contact.

KDawg I guarantee you Rivera will have Allen as #1 and Alex as #2 this week even though the novice eye can see that the Alex Smith dog can’t hunt. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if he trots Alex out #1. If he has truly soured on Haskins needs to elevate the PS QB or go find another backup fast.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nonetheless, he ended up with 26 yards total.

Need to keep in mind that one of the WR's Haskins practiced with in the offseason was lost due to torn ACL. He could have been better otherwise. We don't know, but I  think he would.

Again, new system.  Maybe he did not understand it fully, but he should have been given a longer leash.

For all of the talk of how limiting he was to the offense,  they damn sure didn't look any better without him.   If something intangible and immeasurable like "locker room harmony"  gives you a warm & fuzzy in lieu of production,  more power to you.   I personally don't care about these guys being professionally happy if that's the product we're getting.    Ron's job is to get us competing,  not to make guys feel good about sucking.  

The fact that coaches believe one player can fix much of what's wrong with this offense, doesn't give me confidence they really understand how to go about fixing it.   

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Nonetheless, he ended up with 26 yards total.

Need to keep in mind that one of the WR's Haskins practiced with in the offseason was lost due to torn ACL. He could have been better otherwise. We don't know, but I  think he would.

Again, new system.  Maybe he did not understand it fully, but he should have been given a longer leash.

McLaurin also was being defended by one of the best CBs in the league. 

Archived