Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He's probably hanging with Dwayne, admiring his mural.

Actually, I've been saying our defense is decent corners and a good DL. The linebackers and safeties suck hot ass. So...I was first.

Your right. He Damn sure ain’t hanging out with those other QB’s that are bringing him down and limiting his full potential. Damn right.

Just now, pico926 said:

Your right. He Damn sure ain’t hanging out with those other QB’s that are bringing him down and limiting his full potential. Damn right.

Man, why does Rivera have to be such a gumpy gus, and just realize how great Haskins is? Really.

3 minutes ago, pico926 said:

KDawg I guarantee you Rivera will have Allen as #1 and Alex as #2 this week even though the novice eye can see that the Alex Smith dog can’t hunt. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if he trots Alex out #1. If he has truly soured on Haskins needs to elevate the PS QB or go find another backup fast.

He will likely be the 2. I’d start getting Montez in the mix. If Haskins and Rivera can’t get on the same page, stick with the evaluation and see if there’s anything there with Montez. 

3 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Nonetheless, he ended up with 26 yards total.

Need to keep in mind that one of the WR's Haskins practiced with in the offseason was lost due to torn ACL. He could have been better otherwise. We don't know, but I  think he would.

Again, new system.  Maybe he did not understand it fully, but he should have been given a longer leash.

We do this thing around here where we use other QBs to prop up others and it’s not the way to go about things in my opinion.

Allen looked okay. He needs to learn to slide. McLaurin has 26 yards for three big reasons: 1) Smith just isn’t there. 2) the OL is bad. 3) the rain. 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Man, why does Rivera have to be such a gumpy gus, and just realize how great Haskins is? Really.

him going with Allen and seeing what he can do is all good. Smith @ #2 is not. 

I’ll take your sarcasm as submission old guy. How about another picture. SMDH

Just now, pico926 said:

I’ll take your sarcasm as submission old guy. How about another picture. 

Uh, as another old guy... isn’t The abbreviation I removed... uhh... a little out of bounds?

4 minutes ago, pico926 said:

I’ll take your sarcasm as submission old guy. How about another picture. SMDH

Oh old guy...zingers.

Well, you can take the sarcasm any way you like, it doesn't matter in the least bit to me.

I mean I’m good for an overreaction here and there but goodness we had two qbs essentially play 1 half of football for the first time all season in heavy rain against a d line that was abusing our o line. At least let’s see Allen for a full game. He was Haskins esque his first half of action with the ability to run.

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We do this thing around here where we use other QBs to prop up others and it’s not the way to go about things in my opinion.

Fine, but we don't have enough sample size to judge Haskins.  4 games in a new system is not good enough. A better approach would have been to give him IMO 2 full seasons (ideally more). If there is zero improvement by year 2, we draft another QB.  But no, Haskins did not play 16 games last year. All signs pointed to Haskins improving last year, including PFF grades.   He got benched after 4 games this year. 

Horrible way to judge a QB.

Everybody can improve.

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Allen looked okay. He needs to learn to slide. McLaurin has 26 yards for three big reasons: 1) Smith just isn’t there. 2) the OL is bad. 3) the rain.

Haskins was dealing with point 2 as well.  As far as point 3, the Rams did not appear to be bothered by it.  Point 1 is true, but notice that Kyle Allen's QB rating went downhill as game went on.

Now, next week we play the giants.  We will see, but he should do well.

I am not opposed to Kyle Allen.  If he somehow turns into a good QB, I will be happy.

11 minutes ago, pico926 said:

No more pics. Come on man. 

Can I hear more of your keen insights? Really. So deep and thoughtful. 

5 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Everybody can improve

You're right.

Not everyone puts the effort in. If he's not doing that, he's not worth giving that much time to.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Can I hear more of your keen insights? Really. So deep and thoughtful. 

You're right.

Not everyone puts the effort in. If he's not doing that, he's not worth giving that much time to.

The QB position is not rocket science . Is 9-5 good enough or not? Furthermore, the only person who knows whether Haskins is putting in the effort is Haskins.  Heck the coaches may not know.  For example, I take certain courses when I am home sometimes. I don't tell my boss.

It's just an excuse to bench him.

Shame about the off-field stuff with Haskins, because I could see him sitting for a (maybe long) stretch while he works on things.  Don’t know if he would handle it well (signs point to no), but perhaps framed as a challenge...  “We’re going to give Allen some games and we want to see you step it up to get back in there”, or whatever.  Still think he has a lot of traits to work with, enough that I’d like to see him given some more time to develop.  Not looking likely though.

Liked Allen getting a shot.  I think it was probably due from an evaluation standpoint, or at least, I understood the thinking.  Thought he played okay - hard to judge with the lack of oline/run game.  Really hope we don’t see Smith out there again, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we did.

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, that's it, Im out. Good night, have fun discussing Kevin OConnell as head coach and a whether putting in 40 hrs/wk is good enough to be a QB...

I just have the energy...im too old.

Yeah. Get some rest. 

7 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

There’s really no talent on that line. I don’t think any OL coach would be up to the task. They’re all below average. Even Moses. It’s pretty easy to expect a complete lack of production when you have an OL that bad. Unless you got Russell Wilson back there you’re asking too much.

Callahan's OLines--with the same lack of talent--seemed to perform better imo. And that's why bringing guys in off of their couches mid-week. I don't know this as fact or anything, but it seems that Wes Martin was better last year under Callahan's tutelage than he is this year (but don't hold me to that lol).

1 hour ago, httr2020dynasty said:

I mean I’m good for an overreaction here and there but goodness we had two qbs essentially play 1 half of football for the first time all season in heavy rain against a d line that was abusing our o line. At least let’s see Allen for a full game. He was Haskins esque his first half of action with the ability to run.

I believe stuff like this is generally labeled as "excuses" around these parts lol...

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Callahan's OLines--with the same lack of talent--seemed to perform better imo. And that's why bringing guys in off of their couches mid-week. I don't know this as fact or anything, but it seems that Wes Martin was better last year under Callahan's tutelage than he is this year (but don't hold me to that lol).

There was significantly more talent. Flowers is better than anything we got and Penn is at least twice as good as Christian. Martin should swing over back to RG right now because the other Wes is incompetent. We struck lightning with Ereck and expecting to get lucky again but this time with 3 other guys. Callahan is decent but he’s not a miracle worker 

Archived