Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

7 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I guess this season Haskins has technically improved. Below are his ESPN QBR rankings for 2019 vs. this season so far. He was 45th last season, and only 32 this year. His QBR is a whole 2.6 points higher.

Looking to the future, at this rate it'll only be 4 seasons until he matches Jeff Driskel.

2019:

Capture2.thumb.JPG.a835d95be5f88a872d171fb01d7609c9.JPG

2020:

Haskins.thumb.JPG.6a12ec2f1ddf95dd8221285e8b30c562.JPG

Yea, with a minimum of 200 pass attempts last year he was dead last, minimum of 60 pass attempts this year he is dead last. If this continues he'd be the only qb to finish last twice. Jamarcus Russell was the closest to accomplish that. Smh

11 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I guess this season Haskins has technically improved. Below are his ESPN QBR rankings for 2019 vs. this season so far. He was 45th last season, and only 32 this year. His QBR is a whole 2.6 points higher.

Looking to the future, at this rate it'll only be 4 seasons until he matches Jeff Driskel.

2019:

Capture2.thumb.JPG.a835d95be5f88a872d171fb01d7609c9.JPG

2020:

Haskins.thumb.JPG.6a12ec2f1ddf95dd8221285e8b30c562.JPG

What’s his combined QBR over the last two seasons of games he started?

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

What’s his combined QBR over the last two seasons of games he started?

He's started all but 1 of his games played if I remember from last year. It's not going to change his QBR any if you exclude that first game. The combined QBR is still below 30.

24 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Yea, with a minimum of 200 pass attempts last year he was dead last, minimum of 60 pass attempts this year he is dead last. If this continues he'd be the only qb to finish last twice. Jamarcus Russell was the closest to accomplish that. Smh

If you give Haskins enough minimum reps next year, I am positive  he can produce again. I have complete faith in him that he can finish dead last 3 years in a row and put the record out of each forever! Most quarterbacks are run of the mill busts, we can set the bar at a new level with Haskins. He’s that good. 

I didn't think of this.  I am not sure I agree with Paulsen's take that it means Rivera might not see him as a starter but at a mimimum it shows that Rivera unlikely sees Haskins as a likely borderline stud who just needs some time.  Or at least he might not feel that way at this point in time. 

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sports/washington-football-team/did-ron-rivera-tip-his-hand-on-dwayne-haskins

106.7 The Fan's Grant Paulsen points to one particular post-game comment Rivera made — after Washington's 31-17 loss to Baltimore — as a potential slip of the tongue, of the Freudian variety, as proof that Rivera could have a much lower bar for Haskins than previously believed.

The remark in question came as Rivera was addressing that failed fourth-and-long he said was a test for his young quarterback. With three receivers floating around the goal line, Haskins completed a five-yard dump off to Isaiah Wright at the 9-yard line.

"The ball's gotta go into the end zone or it's got to be put in position where it can get into the end zone," Rivera said Sunday. "It's something that he's gotta learn. If he's gonna be a starter in this league and contribute to winning football games, he has to understand and develop. This is part of it. This is part of the growth."

"Don't you think that's pretty telling about what Rivera thinks of Dwayne Haskins?" Paulsen said.

"In addition to testing him with this fourth down play, where he kind of outs him for not having passed the test," Paulsen went on to say, "he says 'if he's going to be a starter in this league.' He just admitted to you... Ron Rivera's not convinced Dwayne Haskins is a starter. Forget the ceiling, the upside... Do you draft a quarterback? Do you do this?"

Rivera isn’t really under any kind of pressure for Haskins to become a stud. Haskins, and Allen for that matter, can be held over through 2021 on very affordable deals, even as back-ups.

Not doubt it’s a continual pain in the arse that we don’t have a QB to roll with, but Rivera having to find his own guy in 2021 isn’t the worst outcome.

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

If you want to help the kid, bring in Sanu or AB. Both have familiarity with Haskins from the offseason. He looks up to them both. They at least give us a better evaluation of Haskins in general if he's got training partners to throw to.

AB is suspended for 8 games as soon as he joins a team.  And I think the NFL has said a further suspension can happen pending his other legal matters.

Why do you think Sanu still has juice?  He's been cut by two teams, other teams have brought him in and haven't signed him.  How would he be an upgrade?

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

AB is suspended for 8 games as soon as he joins a team.  And I think the NFL has said a further suspension can happen pending his other legal matters.

Why do you think Sanu still has juice?  He's been cut by two teams, other teams have brought him in and haven't signed him.  How would he be an upgrade?

I understand the AB situation well, and truth be told I think he's a nut. I'm looking for familiarity. Sanu provides that. More of a security blanket as opposed to being an upgrade (which I don't know if he is or not but i'd assume he's at least on the same level as Inman or better). All depends on cost as well but what hurts bringing him in to see what he's got. It's all in an effort to see what Haskins can do when there are no longer excuses for him. Oline play has not been horrible as he's had time in a lot of situations.

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

If you want to help the kid, bring in Sanu or AB. Both have familiarity with Haskins from the offseason. He looks up to them both. They at least give us a better evaluation of Haskins in general if he's got training partners to throw to.

Sanu is slow and can’t get separation. We already have receivers who do that. AB is suspended for 8 games and has ... issues.

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'm looking for familiarity. Sanu provides that. More of a security blanket as opposed to being an upgrade (which I don't know if he is or not but i'd assume he's at least on the same level as Inman or better).

I think Sanu is a mainly a Slot only guy.  While Inman plays more Outside.  Sanu would be competing for playing time with Steve Sims and Isaiah Wright.

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

All depends on cost as well but what hurts bringing him in to see what he's got. It's all in an effort to see what Haskins can do when there are no longer excuses for him. Oline play has not been horrible as he's had time in a lot of situations.

Our supporting cast isn't the best, but it's good enough for guys to get open, Haskins isn't seeing them though.  In large part due to Terry, our supporting cast is 'OK'.  You see plays where a safety shades hard to Terry's side, giving more space to the rest of the offense.  Now if Terry missed a game, I think the rest of our guys would struggle.  But with him, we're 'OK'.

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

severly hurt their chances to win? Because he made 3 mistakes. They threw a checkdown game to beat the Ravens blitz and it did well. He put the ball into playmakers hands and TMac and Gibson (our top two playmakers on offense) had really nice games. JMC had a critical fumble and we're not talking about benching him. Darby got beat again and we're not talking about benching him. Collins is playing like Lavar and we're not talking about benching him. No, its all about benching Haskins. Why. 

I was talking about his entire body of work for the whole year, not just this game. While he didn't play well on Sunday, certainly not well enough to quiet the critics, he didn't play badly enough to be benched. But if he continues to slide yeah I could see every reason to make a change or he risks losing the locker room.

20 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was talking about his entire body of work for the whole year, not just this game. While he didn't play well on Sunday, certainly not well enough to quiet the critics, he didn't play badly enough to be benched. But if he continues to slide yeah I could see every reason to make a change or he risks losing the locker room.

It's just amazing how low the bar is. We were down 31-10 and the team had their backup qb in and we're talking about Haskins playing a good game. I'll agree it was better than his other games, but it's still not good. Other than garbage time, we completed what 2 passes downfield. 

2 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

It's just amazing how low the bar is. We were down 31-10 and the team had their backup qb in and we're talking about Haskins playing a good game. I'll agree it was better than his other games, but it's still not good. Other than garbage time, we completed what 2 passes downfield. 

We won time of possession and the turn over battle, but gave up 31 points.  This week, the D carries much of the blame.  Offense needs to score, but we will likely not win any games when the other team scores 30+.  Also, ravens likely win 13+ games if they keep scoring 30+.

It just seems like it's inevitable we see Kyle or even Alex sooner than later.  I like Dwayne -- would love for him to prove the doubters wrong -- but it's hard to really get excited about him. His footwork is brutal, losing weight seemed to somehow make him slower, and he is clearly terrified to throw deep. His physical skills seem limited despite his size and he's not accurate enough to overcome that. I could see Ron making the change this year and looking for a stud in the draft. Anyone watch Justin Herbert this weekend? My goodness. As big as Cam, moves like a basketball player, and throws with ridiculous touch. Threw 3tds to no names. If our owner wants to overrule the scouts again, hopefully it will be for someone with Herbert's type of freakish physical skills.

Haskins Next Gen Stats for week four, updated to this

second:

Attended Air Yards: Last

Average Completed Air Yards: 2nd to last

Aggressiveness %: 5th to last

Passer RATE: 4th to last

Air Yards To Sticks: Last

COMP: 5th

xCOMP: 4th

And somehow this looked like his best game. WOW

https://twitter.com/SteveNFL_/status/1312866974502973441?s=20

Just now, FootballZombie said:

If Haskins continues to throw for 70% and maintains his habit of limiting TOs, there is almost no chance he sees the bench this season, regardless of the offense we run

Nah, Ron is itching to pull the trigger on him. Especially if big plays and points keep proving hard to come by. 

Archived