Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

i think ultimately skins would prefer to trade down slightly for a boat load of pics. This team has way too many holes and are willing to pass on CY.. hence the Tua rumors they are putting out.
They probably wont get many takers with both Det and NY openly saying that they are open to trading their pics.

51 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Are these stats true?

image.png.b17235bfb216f0a5d4ee0aec39d2ef28.png

Yes, his last 2 games were crazy good, which really helps the small sample size.

Rk Player Pos Age Year Lg Tm G W L T Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A
1 Dwayne Haskins QB 22 2019 NFL WAS 4 1 3 0 60 95 63.16 711 5 1 99.1 12 82 7.48 8.06
2 Drew Lock QB 23 2019 NFL DEN 5 4 1 0 100 156 64.10 1020 7 3 89.7 5 26 6.54 6.57
3 Gardner Minshew QB 23 2019 NFL JAX 5 2 3 0 97 163 59.51 986 8 2 88.1 12 71 6.05 6.48
4 Daniel Jones QB 22 2019 NFL NYG 3 1 2 0 76 126 60.32 893 7 4 87.2 5 32 7.09 6.77
5 Kyler Murray QB 22 2019 NFL CRD 5 2 3 0 95 149 63.76 1019 6 7 77.6 13 72 6.84 5.53
6 David Blough QB 24 2019 NFL DET 5 0 5 0 94 174 54.02 984 4 6 64.0 14 104 5.66 4.56
7 Devlin Hodges QB 23 2019 NFL PIT 5 2 3 0 73 120 60.83 745 3 7 62.7 13 91 6.21 4.08
8 Will Grier QB 24 2019 NFL CAR 2 0 2 0 28 52 53.85 228 0 4 33.2 6 44 4.38 0.92

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

I'm not sure I agree here.

Haskins had a mediocre or worse first season (that trended up towards the end of it, for sure) and the entire system is changing this year. Haskins needs to develop. I'm not sure the difference between Haskins 1 year in the NFL and Tua's rookie season upcoming is enough to change the "rebuild"/"win now" narrative.

If he was truly looking to win now, they'd be bringing in a vet QB and drafting Chase Young.

Drafting Tua essentially means writing off the 2020 season. They'll likely have to trade Haskins and won't get an immediate impact player from the draft. 

If Tua was healthy, it's much more likely the Skins would be picking him or Burrow and trading Haskins.

I can't speak to Tua's merit, since I mostly ignore any college football that doesn't involve my alma mater, the University of Oregon.

4 hours ago, oraphus said:

i think ultimately skins would prefer to trade down slightly for a boat load of pics. This team has way too many holes and are willing to pass on CY.. hence the Tua rumors they are putting out.
They probably wont get many takers with both Det and NY openly saying that they are open to trading their pics.

I think that if you skillfully waterboarded Rivera he'd grudgingly admit that his dream scenario would be to work out a three team trade between Detroit, Miami and the Skins which allows Miami to get Tua at 2, the Skins to add Chase Young at 3, and the Lions to get either Simmons or Okuda at 5.

I think that works out great for all three teams.

On 3/1/2020 at 9:00 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Well this guy convinced me. Draft Tua.

🙄

WTF is he doing here? Stuck in that bs ass NY traffic sniffin all them hoopty fumes.  Roll ya window down and blow out all that foul **** you speakin. Wastin all that damn youtube time. You just scared Young is going to expose the lil jones boy for the bum he is. And Haskins is going to be the talk of your town when he dominates yall sorry ass defense for the next 10 years. And oh yea, watch out for that pot hole and stay in ya lane. No offense NY Redskins fans.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:55 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been following the Haskins narrative very closely.  I listen to just about every podcast I can find.  And like I say, for me, I swear by Keim the most because Keim is very conservative about throwing gossipy stuff out especially criticism.  The idea that the narrative is that people question his intelligence?  That's IMO ridiculous.  That's not been the narrative at all.  Maybe from some outlier here and there. People running amok with the Gottlieb narrative about dyslexia.   But the narrative is if anything is that he's smart.  I've heard that a lot.  I've heard a lot that he's a nice guy and teammates like him.  I've said myself from my few interactions with him, seems like a super nice guy.  But that doesn't make him perfect, where he needs to be wrapped up in bubble wrap. 

The common criticism has been squarely about his work ethic and its been from just about everybody who covers the team.  That's it. That's really the only common criticism from reporter to reporter.  And on a scale of 0-100.  I'd put it at a 0 that every beat guy (some national reporters, too) came together to just make it up out of thin air just because why not?  And by that they weren't saying he's lazy but he doesn't have the workaholic traits of the typical QB.   I recall a NY Giants reporter saying Daniel Jones is an animal, comes in at 5 am and is the last to leave. We read here about Peterson and some others working nonstop.  And what Keim and others heard from people they talked to in the building was that Haskins hasn't rolled like that and they want him to.  But the narrative hasn't been about questioning his intelligence but is he motivated to be great?

As I've been saying I LOVE the fact that this is being leaked about whether he has motivation issues.  I'd feel that way even if they weren't true.  I am an outlier I gather on this point.  I don't think Haskins is the type that needs coddling and a soft touch about everything.  I think he's a competitive as heck dude and people questioning his motivational skills openly will actually lead to him to killing it this off season or at least increase its chances. 

I'd guess much of it is by design.  The Scott Turner comments.  The Doug comments.  Rivera not just handing him the job and saying he wants to bring serious competition.  Heck even the Tua leaks, I like.  I suspect they don't take Tua.   But why not leave him the vibe that everything is on the table and he has to earn it.  Keep him on edge.    I think they are doing a good job on this.  

While I do believe the work ethic reports. There are too many to ignore and Keim in particular I don't think woke up one day and decided to for kicks and giggles to make up a criticism of a player.  Keim has said several times, he needs to hear something from at least 3 sources he knows (or something like that) and trusts in the building before reporting something.  At the same time, I do believe that Haskins is competitive as heck.  And if he feels an aspect of his preparation is criticized, he will adapt a I'll show you attitude.  Some are motivated more internally.  Some seem more externally motivated.   If Haskins is motivated by external stuff than it's the job of the coaches to create that vibe.

As Keim said they have a plan to "push" Haskins.  And if so i see nothing cruel about it.   Orlovsky worshipped Haskins before the draft and he likes this.  So do I. 

Good post! I do think Dwayne needs to learn how to be a pro. But then again, that's true for a lot of young players. No excuses, but one could look at his college career and say he virtually shot out of a cannon after being thrown into the (team up north's) game as a red shirt freshmen. Follow that magical moment with a monster 50 TD season the next. So he gets here and Gruden basically hands the job to everyone except Haskins. He basically says to Haskins, you can chill until next year or the year after. So maybe Haskins is looking at what he did at Ohio State. Maybe he looks at his time there and under estimates the work needed at this level. I mean, its football right? What could be so hard about it? Well now he knows and we'll see how he handles it. But all this talk about Tua is absolute crazy talk. I predict Tua will be this year's green room guy.  

6 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Well now he knows and we'll see how he handles it. But all this talk about Tua is absolute crazy talk. I predict Tua will be this year's green room guy.  

Agree with all of that except this part I don't know. To me it all comes down to his medical reports.  If he's clear and different team's doctors are reassured, then I doubt Tua is a green room guy waiting around like Aaron Rodgers was years back to be picked.   But if there is some serious doubt, I can see teams bypassing him.  

My problem with Haskins is the accuracy and to a lesser extent, footwork.  I mean, he was REALLY inaccurate.  That doesn’t improve.  You either have it, or you don’t.  Terry would have so many more yards if he was thrown accurate passes.  His best throw was to Chris Thompson in the GB game.  However, he was horrific on outs.  SIP mentioned how bad he was in camp.  How can you not throw an out accurately?

8 hours ago, joeken24 said:

WTF is he doing here? Stuck in that bs ass NY traffic sniffin all them hoopty fumes.  Roll ya window down and blow out all that foul **** you speakin. Wastin all that damn youtube time. You just scared Young is going to expose the lil jones boy for the bum he is. And Haskins is going to be the talk of your town when he dominates yall sorry ass defense for the next 10 years. And oh yea, watch out for that pot hole and stay in ya lane. No offense NY Redskins fans.

I agree 100% with you joeken and none taken 😁. He's clearly a Giants homer.

44 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

PREACH

Exactly.

People assume you can just put a QB anywhere and he'll have the same success, or even the same failure.

I mean look at Mahomes. Yes he's a hell of a talent. But he's also in a stable organization with one of the best QB coaches of all time and a top 5 WR and TE(and had a top 5 RB the previous year). You can't just put him on like the Bears and expect the same level of play.

We are NOT at a point in our organizational development that we can take a kid like Tua. Sure he might end up being really good, but how likely is that HERE?

After a couple years of Rivera retooling then maybe, but not now. You roll with Haskins and see if he can develop. If not you find another QB in 2-3 years, but by then hopefully the cupboard will be more full.

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim today, he didn't say anything deep.  He said they really like Haskins' potential but want to see a "fire lit under him".  His bet is a veteran who can compete in the $7 mill to $10 million range.

Exactly. I dont know what Winston will command after his impending release but I could see RR bringing him in to "compete" with DH. Idk why but hes the one guy I keep envisioning.

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

Exactly. I dont know what Winston will command after his impending release but I could see RR bringing him in to "compete" with DH. Idk why but hes the one guy I keep envisioning.

If Jameis is here, he wins the job easily IMO.  Ron knows him from the NFC south.  He wouldn’t bring him here if he didn’t want him to start.  

8 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

My problem with Haskins is the accuracy and to a lesser extent, footwork.  I mean, he was REALLY inaccurate.  That doesn’t improve.  You either have it, or you don’t.  Terry would have so many more yards if he was thrown accurate passes.  His best throw was to Chris Thompson in the GB game.  However, he was horrific on outs.  SIP mentioned how bad he was in camp.  How can you not throw an out accurately?

I have to disagree with your "that doesn't improve" statement. With better mechanics, comes better accuracy. Ask any MLB pitcher. Their job is to hit spots. Just like an NFL QB. And that improves consistently with better mechanics. It can be taught.

58 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The overthinking and emotional overreaction to Tua is interesting to see. Especially given we have a higher-rated, better, healthier, fantastic prospect staring at us in the face. People ALWAYS overrate QBs in the draft.

What?

No, we don't.

Higher rated? By who?

Better? By what metric?

Healthier? Yes.

Fantastic prospect? I'll give you good prospect.

30 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Everything about this post is demonstrably false. Look at Jared Goff. Look at Eli Manning. Look at basically any QB from his rookie QB until now. Many do not improve, many do.

As for his "best throw," you missed several really great throws--particularly the one to Sims in the GIant game

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Everything about this post is demonstrably false. Look at Jared Goff. Look at Eli Manning. Look at basically any QB from his rookie QB until now. Many do not improve, many do.

As for his "best throw," you missed several really great throws--particularly the one to Sims in the GIant game

Go watch the GB game again.  He throws a ball perfectly in stride to Thompson that was on the money even though he was defended perfectly.  That was a big time throw.  His best throw because it hit his receiver in stride.  I think that throw was on the drive where Terry scores an incredible TD.

Go watch the Lions game where he was horrifically inaccurate.  Haskins played well against garbage pass defenses like the Giants and Eagles.  He still missed way too many throws.  His outs in particular show a lack of accuracy.  SIP repeatedly has mentioned he saw that first hand in practice 

Archived