Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Damn...this is by far the most highly HIGHLY anticipated draft we've been in in a long ass time...I'm so torn...

I block all the noise. Personal opinion..personally what do I want to see happen?

Is Tua that big of a game changer?...The Cardinals did it last year. Why not the Redskins?..I'm not saying that's what I want..just saying it can happen.

You pass on Tua and he is single handedly winning 4-6 extra games for the team who drafted him, you're kicking your self in the ass for years.

Take Chase and don't look back. You're gambling that your current qb(haskins)can manage and chase is such a huge game changer you win games that way.

Chase turns out to be...not a bust...but a work in progress...takes a year to take off..just dosent produce like expected right away.

Trade the pick. The only one I'd do is with Miami..move back to 5 and pick up an extra first round pick and maybe get our 2nd round pick back...take Simmons at 5 and bpa at 18.

Let go and let RR. Hail to the Redskins folks. Hats off to all those who have stuck around through all the miserable years of constant defeat and brucifer ran seasons. I truly believe it's alllll about to pay off. Can't wait for the season already!

I am going to be so disappointed if the Skins take a broken QB at #2. Tua couldn't handle college hits. He won't handle NFL hits either. Two ankle surgeries and a hip dislocation are not minor injuries.

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lmao. I bet Haskins’ bad mechanics is the reason we don’t have peace on earth too. 😁

I blame the state of American Politics based solely on Haskins work ethic, and that he went to that one Wizards game.

36 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lmao. I bet Haskins’ bad mechanics is the reason we don’t have peace on earth too. 😁

Probably has something to do with it.

Though I'm always amazed that smart people who know football completely ignore things like mechanical issues that were clearly a concern last season just because they like a guy. 

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Though I'm always amazed that smart people who know football completely ignore things like mechanical issues that were clearly a concern last season just because they like a guy. 

I’ve actually said repeatedly that his biggest issue is his mechanics. 

But I’m always amazed that smart people who know football would assign the majority of a team’s drops to a QB rather than his WRs, while claiming the WR’s were only at fault for “a few” drops. 

Tom Brady, Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater and Jimmy G were also in the top 10 in drop percentage last season - apparently, if we’re being fair, these drops can just be waved off and blamed on bad mechanics as well. 

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

But I’m always amazed that smart people who know football would assign the majority of a team’s drops to a QB rather than his WRs, while claiming the WR’s were only at fault for “a few” drops. 

No one did that.

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well to be fair, not blaming drops on mechanics and ignoring mechanics aren’t the same thing.  

I’m hoping he takes a big step forward with his mechanics.  As I’ve said, he showed more improvement than I thought he would in-season, but I also believed (and still do) that this offseason is his big chance to improve in this department.  It’s a bit of a shame that he’s learning a new O as I think it could inhibit that growth a little.  

As to drops, I’m torn.  I wouldn’t discount funky spin (and iffy touch) increasing drops.  Also, there were times his receivers bailed him out with great catches, but also times they dropped some easy ones.  So I’m kind of unsure about the future regarding drops.  I do think improved accuracy - stemming from 1) improved mechanics, 2) improved understanding of play design/routes and 3) better chemistry with receivers (and maybe better receivers, including TE) - will help.  We’ll see.  

Just now, KDawg said:

Yes. Read it again.

To reiterate:

-Haskins receivers didn't do him favors.

-Haskins mechanics didn't help.

I’ve read it “a few times” actually. 

The post played a “fairly significant role” in my response. 

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

I’ve read it “a few times” actually. 

The post played a “fairly significant role” in my response. 

His mechanics were bad. But no one claimed "the WR’s were only at fault for “a few” drops. " or were as dismissive of his receivers as:

Lmao. I bet Haskins’ bad mechanics is the reason we don’t have peace on earth too. 

was dismissive of his mechanical issues.

He had issues. Doesn't mean he can't fix them. It sounds to me like the receivers AND Haskins are working hard on doing just that.

And his receivers were all rookies, too. So the drops should be fixed by a wide margin this year when you factor it all in.

People don't seem to give a QB's mechanics the import that it deserves. It couldn't be more critical. When Boy Wonder and Greg Olson got hold of Goff out in LA, the first thing they did was zero in on those mechanics. It made a world of difference, and with a quickness. I think Zampese will work the same wonders with Haskins.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

His mechanics were bad. But no one claimed "the WR’s were only at fault for “a few” drops. " or were as dismissive of his receivers as:

was dismissive of his mechanical issues.

He had issues. Doesn't mean he can't fix them. It sounds to me like the receivers AND Haskins are working hard on doing just that.

And his receivers were all rookies, too. So the drops should be fixed by a wide margin this year when you factor it all in.

You literally said “a few times” in reference to his WRs not doing him any favors - in other words, drops. 

I wasn’t dismissive of his mechanical issues at all. I was dismissive of thinking they were a “fairly significant” reason for the drops. 

But whatever, I’m over it. 

4 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

I think Zampese will work the same wonders with Haskins.

Yes, I’ve said this multiple times as well. Really excited for that hire. 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You literally said “a few times” in reference to his WRs not doing him any favors - in other words, drops. 

I wasn’t dismissive of his mechanical issues at all. I was dismissive of thinking they were a “fairly significant” reason for the drops. 

A few times is an undisclosed amount. You look for things to get offended by that I post RE: Haskins and jump. If someone had used that phrase in support of Haskins, you wouldn't have said a word. It's what you do because you like the guy. And to be honest, that's more than okay. Defend the guy you want to defend. 

So let me, VERY clearly reiterate my position so you can't parse every word:

-Haskins mechanics factored into the drop situation.

-Haskins receivers dropped passes that should have been caught.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

A few times is an undisclosed amount. You look for things to get offended by that I post RE: Haskins and jump. If someone had used that phrase in support of Haskins, you wouldn't have said a word. It's what you do because you like the guy. And to be honest, that's more than okay. Defend the guy you want to defend. 

So let me, VERY clearly reiterate my position so you can't parse every word:

-Haskins mechanics factored into the drop situation.

-Haskins receivers dropped passes that should have been caught.

No matter how you want to spin it - by saying, in effect, "a few" drops could be blamed on his WRs, while a "fairly significant" amount could be blamed on Haskins, you were assigning more blame to Haskins for the drops than his receivers.

You appear to be backtracking now, which is fine.  But at least own what you said from the outset instead of trying to play word games now.

I don't get "offended" when people post negatives on Haskins.  I actually welcome it.  It's when people have no proof to back up their claims that I call them out on it.

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

No way a Phillip Rivers pass should ever be caught ;) 

*I know he throws a very catchable ball, but those mechanics... eeek. 

To Haskins (and Rivers) defense - the guys catching the passes get used to the way the ball comes in after awhile, too. Haskins spending time with the receivers this offseason will improve his mechanics, but also provide his receivers to get used to the way he throws the ball. It's all good news on that front, in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

No matter how you want to spin it - by saying, in effect, "a few" drops could be blamed on his WRs, while a "fairly significant" amount could be blamed on Haskins, you were assigning more blame to Haskins for the drops than his receivers.

You appear to be backtracking now, which is fine.  But at least own what you said from the outset instead of trying to play word games now.

I don't get "offended" when people post negatives on Haskins.  I actually welcome it.  It's when people have no proof to back up their claims that I call them out on it.

*sigh*

I said a fairly significant role. Not amount. I'm not going to keep up with this back and forth. I've now, twice, reiterated my point. There is no spin. There is no backtracking. It's what I meant. You parse every word I say RE: Haskins. That's fine. Enjoy.

My proof, by the way, are his ****ty mechanics.

Let's go talk about **** other than Haskins, because we obviously get on each other's nerves RE: Haskins. 

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Haskins thinks Peterson is a guard, he needs to get in the playbook and stay off face chat and ass book.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I blame the state of American Politics based solely on Haskins work ethic, and that he went to that one Wizards game.

Haskins doesn’t wear boots during games, he has no interest in pulling himself up by the boot straps.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This sounds like a post I would write (minus the "lol"s)...

d80RVGg.jpg

Archived