Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boycott the slime ball

RichmondRedskin88

That’s the last damn straw.  Bruce not only deflects every question but when asked to apologize he blames the fans for the stadium take overs and claims our fans just want top dollar for their tickets.  You are blaming us because you can’t field a competent team In 10 years?  After that press conference I actually believe Russell saying they are jealous of other DC teams.  Who’s with me boycotting games and gear completely until this slime bucket is gone?  

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

he blames the fans for the stadium take overs and claims our fans just want top dollar for their tickets.

I found that part extremely amusing. The Business side of the franchise keeps getting better and better as the on-field product could be at an all time low. 

It's the fans who are in it for the money? Just as a reminder here's Dan's $180M yacht: 

392b200aac405738980fa2a2280addb8_md.jpg

10 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I found that part extremely amusing. The Business side of the franchise keeps getting better and better as the on-field product could be at an all time low. 

It's the fans who are in it for the money? Just as a reminder here's Dan's $180M yacht: 

27AE800F-C6D3-44E6-93E3-45D2E30F97B2.gif

14 minutes ago, Unbias said:

But can he fish from that yacht?..thas the real question 

25 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

That’s the last damn straw.  Bruce not only deflects every question but when asked to apologize he blames the fans for the stadium take overs and claims our fans just want top dollar for their tickets.  You are blaming us because you can’t field a competent team In 10 years?  After that press conference I actually believe Russell saying they are jealous of other DC teams.  Who’s with me boycotting games and gear completely until this slime bucket is gone?  

Wait... did he seriously blame the fans?

20 minutes ago, Unbias said:

392b200aac405738980fa2a2280addb8_md.jpg

Dude was rich before he bought the Skins

6 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Wait... did he seriously blame the fans?

Reporter asked for him to apologize for the horrible performances and terrible game experiences we’ve endured.  He didn’t apologize and then he claimed our fans just try to get top dollar from opposing fans and thus the take overs.

33 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

"Top dollar" being any amount you can get for those worthless tickets. Has Bruce visited StubHub lately?

14 minutes ago, carex said:

Dude was rich before he bought the Skins

Good point. 

Maybe buying a jersey will make me feel better...

Seriously though, when he bought the Redskins it was for $750M back in 1999, which he borrowed $350M to do so. His equity stake was $400M. 

Now the team is worth and estimated $3.4B. That's without a nice new stadium. 

If we really want to boycott, this discussion needs to happen in the tailgate or off the air.  How to do this goes beyond football and this is the football part of the site.

The discussion is being had, and choice I made was to wait until after Pat's game to see what they do.  They are doing exactly what I thought they would do and got read of the easiest scapegoat and act like everything else is fine, now we know

I buy Sunday Ticket every year.  This year was the first time since 2003 that I havent purchased it. I refuse to support this team, not because they suck, but because I can no longer support Bruce and Snyder.  What they've done to this franchise is borderline unforgivable.

16 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Once again.  If you go to the games and buy the gear you are part of the problem.  I am not going to begrudge you from doing something you enjoy.  But you are part of the problem.  Just that simple.

It’s actually not that simple though....

(for the record, i dont spend my own money on a ticket, in the rare instances that I’ve gone to a game it’s been a preseason game where my dad has paid for the tickets for me and a couple good friends, and him), or last year when a fellow fan legit paid me $100 to go to the skins falcons game😂😂

but to blame fans (not many of those, and for good reason too) for wanting to pay for a ticket to see their favorite sports team? To call THEM part of the problem, when they’re not the one signing injury prone players or starting crappy QBs left & right? Come the **** on....that’s silly. Fans are not, and will NEVER be part of the problem. No. Nope. Never. Sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️

also, i dont buy the jerseys or redskins hats or other redskins clothes that i wear, those are Christmas presents from family members, yet they’re part of the problem i guess? 😂😂. Yeah....ok. 

I dont trash those that decide to boycott the team, so you (or whoever else) shouldn’t trash the few that choose to buy a jersey or a ticket to a game. Plain and simple, don’t be rude to others🤷🏻‍♂️

Putting the blame on the fans is even worse...

I mean? Seriously?

I wish Trent would just opens up his mouth and bring that asshole to the ground.

We've been dealing with bad teams, bad coaches, but now it's all our fault if we don't want to go to games?

Damn, NFL really have to step in and kick this guy outside NFL circles. He does not belong anywhere close to this once proud franchise. Period.

As a member of a family that had a substantial amount of season tickets in the 95-2012 time frame, certain members of the family absolutely and frequently sold or gifted their tickets to opposing fans.  To the degree that I foster long-standing grudges against them for that.

So what I’m saying is that I can offer a factual anecdote that supports Bruce’s assertion, albeit mildly.  We all know that these days the Redskins ship a lot of tickets out to Stubhub and the like.

5 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Sign me up.

5 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

That’s the last damn straw. Who’s with me boycotting games and gear completely until this slime bucket is gone?  

Bruce Allen is in his office right now sitting in his leather chair, smoking a cigar and LAUGHING HIS A OFF reading this for the following reasons:

1.  He has engineered a relationship with his boss (Snyder) that is air tight.  he ain't goin' ANYWHERE anytime soon.  I.E.  He's NOT being fired after this season.

2. The majority of revenue the Redskins make is on the TV contract, doesn't matter if their stadium is empty.

3.  And this is a good one.  Snyder & Allen have fallen ass backwards into a revenue stream they or anybody else even believed existed.  Due in part to their stadium's proximity to literally every team east of Ohio north of Florida and south of Rhode Island, Fed Ex Field can now be jam packed again......of opposing teams fans.  Washington currently ranks 8th in attendance so far.....and most assuredly #1 in opposing teams fans.  Being BAD is now selling tickets TOO!!!    To the other team, but they are still raking it in.  So , yeah, go boycott games, just gives more availibiilty for the other teams' fans to get cheap tix.  they dont care who buys them as long as they are bought.

21 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Fourteen years as a season ticket holder included two regular season games against that team from western Pennsylvania (2008, 2016); both were scheduled for Monday night; and both saw their fans take over our stadium.  The first followed a playoff season with the team at 6-2, in the thick of a division chase a half game behind New York and everyone in the division above .500; the second was the season opener following a division winning season.

I make the presumption that we can't blame the product on the field those two seasons.  So why/how did their fans take over FedEx those two games?

Back to the presser ... it takes a truckload of cajones to publicly blame the fans the way he did.  My decision not to renew for 2018 was born out of necessity due to circumstances at the time the invoice was due.  Helluva way to send a message but I'm glad to not be wasting money on an organization whose executives blame the fans before their own incompetence.

Archived