Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Pats at Redskins

TK

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My guess is just canning Jay if that accompanies also keeping Bruce will only appease a small portion of their fan base.  but yeah I'd say almost slam dunk that's what they will try first. 

I agree.

I think they are kidding themselves. I think the fanbase understands we are stuck with Snyder, but we aren't stuck with Allen.

I don't think there will be any joy in Redskins Nation till not only Jay is gone  but Bruce is too.

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I agree.

I think they are kidding themselves. I think the fanbase understands we are stuck with Snyder, but we aren't stuck with Allen.

I don't think there will be any joy in Redskins Nation till not only Jay is gone  but Bruce is too.

I think there is a segment of fans that think Jay is almost as big of a problem as Bruce (I am not among those people) so they will be delighted on Monday so I doubt the pitchforks will be out by them tomorrow -- but I think eventually those people will regroup and reload so to speak and there is a significant enough part of the fan base (judging by here and twitter) that think by a mile Dan/Bruce are problems #1.  So my guess is they get a small temporary lift from canning Jay but it won't last long.  Will see.  I suspect their attendance problems persist. 

Now if Dan gets rid of Bruce, too.  Then you'd get the jolt I think from the fans that Dan I gather desperately is seeking. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I think there is a segment of fans that think Jay is almost as big of a problem as Bruce (I am not among those people) so they will be delighted on Monday so I doubt the pitchforks will be out by them to tomorrow -- but I think eventually those people will regroup and reload so to speak and there is a significant enough part of the fan base (judging by here and twitter) that think by a mile Dan/Bruce are problems #1.  So my guess is they get a small temporary lift from canning Jay but it won't last long.  Will see.  I suspect their attendance problems persist. 

Now if Dan gets rid of Bruce, too.  Then you'd get the jolt I think from the fans that Dan I gather desperately is seeking. 

I’m with you SIP. Big Gruden fan and do not think he’s the problem. 

I was at Safeway this morning and the cashier said "is there a game today?" and I said yeah it's at 1.  Then she said "are the Nats playing today too?" and I said yeah it's at 7:45, and we started talking about the Metro being open later if the games go later, and then the lady behind me who was in her 70's chirped in and said "yeah but its only for 20 minutes".

Then I told the cashier that I wasn't wearing any Redskins gear because they are just in complete disarray right now and while I watch the games, I'm not going to be representing them out in public.  And she said the reason she asked me if there was a game was because I wasn't wearing Redskins gear like I normally am.

So this cashier is noticing that I'm not rocking my Redskins gear.  I also noticed that I saw NO Redskins gear at the store where I always do.

And back to the old lady, she chimed in saying she is a long time DC native and remembers the glory years at RFK and was 9 when it was built, living in DC.

But now she says she doesn't even care about the Redskins anymore and how the terrible owner ruined the team. 

I'm just wondering if Dan Snyder has ANY clue about how his fanbase feels right now.  

6 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I’m with you SIP. Big Gruden fan and do not think he’s the problem. 

I am Ok with Jay.  But I can get those who think the team is checking out on him or the clamor for a change.   So if people want to move on from Jay at this point, I get it.  Personally I don't have a strong view on it but I am relatively speaking pro Jay considering the other opinions on the board on him.   To me its like changing the waiters at restaurant where you don't like the food.   It's not going to be make the restaurant that much better IMO.  As Craig Hoffman aptly put today: the problem with the team is their decision maker (Bruce or Dan take your pick) isn't good at making decisions.  

But anyway I suspect the attention today will be on Jay.    I am betting a 24-7 cycle on Jay starting right after the game.  And I wonder how or if somehow Alex is involved?  

Getting rid of Bruce too, sounds nice, but really doesn't do anything about the problem either.

Which is why him hanging out with Alex Smith is interesting. Dude has no history at all, suckage or not, therefore would be the perfect Dan Snyder FO front for him to continue the clown show. Not that I know if Alex will play that game but if he accepts the position then he already has begun.

Archived