Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Raw Video of Intoxicated Jay Gruden Leaks

Boss_Hogg

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

This is the system (SnyderAllen).  They are doing the same thing to Gruden that they did with Scot M., just in a different way.  

Even if Snyder/Allen are completely innocent it's very telling that the first thought most have is that they are behind this release.   Could anyone imagine us jumping to that conclusion 20 years ago?

The Redskins' silence on this is very similar to what happened with Scot M. If the Skins don't want anyone to think they're behind this, then they're going about it in a funny way.

If they did this, then it's just as much to rally support for firing Jay as it is to get out of paying him (which is unlikely to work)

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Back in my college drinking days, I knew a lot of nonsmokers who just smoked when they drank. I wasn’t cool enough to do that but I knew plenty who did.😀

That would be my guess about Jay considering I’ve read he jogs and bikes, etc.

Back in my drinking days I would hang out with smokers when they smoked but I’ve never smoked anything directly.  I think I inhaled half of a Phillip Morris plant secondhand though...

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Also saw where some said she wasn't wearing a wedding ring, but I thought I saw the light shine a bit off her ring finger in one of the very short moments her left hand is visible.

You must work for the CIA examining satellite images...

If not you missed your calling.

Crickets....

If its him, its his fault. We'd say that about a player. He's already laid the groundwork for a firing and he's going to coach with his brother so I don't believe this is a campaign outside of some disgruntled fan. Even if its Bruce, Gruden is sitting on a public sidewalk ****ed up. Who does that?

Rex likes toes, Kraft and Jerry likes hoes. Gruden likes sitting on the sidewalk ****ed up (that didn't rhyme but when does this team ever conform).

28 minutes ago, profusion said:

The Redskins' silence on this is very similar to what happened with Scot M. If the Skins don't want anyone to think they're behind this, then they're going about it in a funny way.

What is the team supposed to say? Do they put out a press release and say that they are currently very aware that their head coach smoked cigarettes and socialized with people younger than him, and so they shall monitor the situation? That would imply he did something wrong though, so they can't say that.

I know! This can be the press release: "Ayyy, did you see ol Grudesy out there? What an absolute madman lmao. He is one with our fellow youths, keep it real my dudes. 420 blaze it." 

I mean, really. Tell us what you truly expect them to say just to convince the fans that they don't have video archives of their coaches on benders.

4 hours ago, MariusVT said:

It let's them fire him for cause and be off the hook for his guaranteed salary.  This is exactly the Mickey mouse stuff that we're known for. This has Bruce all over it, he's scum.

Let me ask you this. If you had someone that worked for you that you needed to fire because he sucked, yet you would have to pay him two ****ing years after he left, what would you do? Oh and BTW, the pay is millions. This is a business.....cut throat business. Not a mom and pops. Again, if the video is in fact Gruden, he knows the game and get his ass checkmated.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Oh how I wish a regime-shattering controversy would emerge (nothing personal against Jay--I mostly mean Bruce).

This...is not that lol. This is not even a regime-ruffling controversy. Is it even controversial, really? 

I agree.  I don't think that what is seen on the videos is very controversial.  In Dallas, Jimmy Johnson would get drunk and call into radio programs to guarantee a win in the next game.  These brief videos don't come close to that type of behavior.  These things are really viewed differently if the team is winning.

The only way this would become a big deal, is if the release of the video was orchestrated by a player or someone in the FO.  I don't think that is likely.  However, if it was, that would be a huge story.

55 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I mean, really. Tell us what you truly expect them to say just to convince the fans that they don't have video archives of their coaches on benders.

How about "We support our head coach in the face of baseless rumors based on unexplained, unsourced video clips spread on social media." Something like that instead of suspicious silence.

Hoping this isn't their plan to fire him for cause and get out the last year of salary. 

I'm going to give the FO the benefit of the doubt on this one, because Jay's done enough to lose his job on performance alone.  Trying to weasel your way out of the last year of the deal is not business as usual, or normal, and I really hope the timing's coincidental.  

Depending on how it plays out, it could mean that nothing is changing with the FO.  That's what I'm scared of.  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Back in my drinking days I would hang out with smokers when they smoked but I’ve never smoked anything directly.  I think I inhaled half of a Phillip Morris plant secondhand though...

Jay's is older than me.  But I am not a mile off his age range so similar generations.  In the 90s especially early 90s, bars were smoky as heck.  If Jay fits the stereotype at least from my days of a purely social smoker -- then it would mean he has or had his share of drinking days.   All the social smokers I knew could hold their liquor.  😀 

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

In all fairness, Gruden’s performance as a HC has been more than enough to get him canned. The FO didn’t need this.

Totally agree.

Ive never truly disliked Gruden, I've just always felt he was average at his job, kind of bouncing around at mediocrity. As of late though, he's shining through moreso as a bit of stubborn dick. Personal opinion of mine.

At this stage, I'm done with him. He needs canning irrespective of the background to this story. 

52 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Gruden is sitting on a public sidewalk ****ed up. Who does that?

Amazingly, I spent about 5 straight years either at work hung over or drunk, and I never sat on a public sidewalk ****ed up.  

Not sure how that didn't happen.  

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jay's is older than me.  But I am not a mile off his age range so similar generations.  In the 90s especially early 90s, bars were smoky as heck.  If Jay fits the stereotype at least from my days of a purely social smoker -- then it would mean he has or had his share of drinking days.   All the social smokers I knew could hold their liquor.  😀 

Yeah, my drinking days were early 00’s.  Bars were still smokey, though it was on the decline.  

Since I didn’t smoke, I just drank more. 

Sean Payton was a legitimate junkie, stealing pain pills out of the locker room, and everyone forgot about it like immediately.

Jay is gone, but no one care will about this video when it comes to him. I mean the combine is a complete NFL drunk fest. He’ll be in heavy demand as an OC. If anything, it will reflect badly on Bruce and Dan — they probably had nothing to do with it, but lots of folks will believe they did. 

57 minutes ago, profusion said:

How about "We support our head coach in the face of baseless rumors based on unexplained, unsourced video clips spread on social media." Something like that instead of suspicious silence.

What rumor? Gruden smokes and drinks? That isn't a rumor, it's a fact. If the team had to release statements every time a member of the front office drank alcohol or lit a cigarette, they'd have to hire a whole new division to the PR team.

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Profootballtalk.com is reporting the videos are over one year old.   They continue to wonder why the videos were released and say in their opinion

it was to damage Gruden.   Hope it has the opposite effect for fans of this team.

Nah not the opposite effect it does damage Gruden but it was a suicide attack and they damaged themselves more (if they did this if not someone else damaged both the Redskins FO and Gruden). 

Archived