Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Raw Video of Intoxicated Jay Gruden Leaks

Boss_Hogg

45 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He had had a hell of a better resume and was a lot better prospect than Cousins.  

I missed the last line.  You think 15 games in a college program is enough time.  Is 15 games enough of a sample size?  And I might add didn't he have Terry McLaurin as a receiver?    I think he was stacked at the WR position.  But okay.   We will see.

I would like to be a fly on the wall if individual players ask Gruden what's up about the videos or if Gruden addresses it to the players before the game starts tomorrow- -the big elephant in the room.

If he really believes someone in the Skins organization leaked the videos, he can tell the players what he thinks or he can just walk out of the building once fired and not address it until he has had a few days to think about the best way to respond publicly.   If he knows he will eventually be hired by the Raiders then he speak frankly about it now.  If his goal is to be an offensive coordinator for a different NFL team, then he may handle this public relations nightmare differently so as to not negatively impact his chances of finding employment with another NFL team.

20 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I

Gruden was his idea to hire and he needs to divest himself from that hiring a bit. This is  "piling on" and the focus  goes completely on Gruden - the same stuff they did with Shanny and SM when they leaked stuff to really make them look bad when they could of just fired both of them and kept things internal.   They also did the same thing to Cousin's.  Point is your right they could of just fired Gruden but history shows they do not operate like a normal organization.

I think it is mixed. The sentiment seems to be yes, lets move on from Gruden, but then you read poor guy has been saddled with countless injuries, in a piss poor facility,  the organization is a mess, who could succeed in this mess, and it is all a shame because his players really like him, etc.

That is not the point.  Creating or influencing perception about someone is all that matters.  Sitting on the sidewalk drunk with a hottie while you are married?  Priceless perception.  

We will see if I am right about Haskins but I think he is really going to struggle.  I think he has skills that need to be honed.  This organization is going to ruin him and folks will say, "he was a bust." Bank it.

Sumbich, you quoted me weird and I'm having a hard time fixing it lol...ah, well, I'll do it freestyle:

How does showing a video of the guy you hired and gave an extension to divest Bruce from him at all? And as I had said earlier, Scot was fired before any "smearing" took place. Scot (and his wife) made it public by texting local Skins beat writers about his absence, claiming they were wrong about why he was not at the combine and that he had to tend to family matters after his grandmother passed away. The only thing remotely resembling leaked smears before Scot was fired was Cooley speculating about Scot drinking again, and Sheehan backed up Cooley's claim that he had no personal knowledge and was definitely not instructed to do so by anyone with the Redskins.

I personally have noticed that the "poor guy has been saddled with countless injuries" talk has been dwarfed by the "Gruden is mediocre at best, his teams are unprepared and undisciplined, only been to the playoffs once, McVay was the real brains behind our limited success, he hates Haskins and Adrian Peterson who the fans love and want to see on the field, he's not preparing Haskins to succeed, please for the love of GOD get Gruden out of there and promote Kevin O'Connell" talk, and it's not even close.  There's no need to come up with a convoluted plan to change fans' perceptions about Jay...it's was already bottoming out when the season started.

One thing I do agree with you to an extent is that Haskins will struggle while developing and that I have serious doubts this franchise is the right one to maximize his potential. It's one reason I have no problem with him not starting/playing this year. let all the jay/bruce drama play out before you start him next year.

2 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Hhhm, Virginia ABC you say? Is that some sort of liquid provisions establishment for adults? 

I might have to investigate that ...

Nah, they just sell alphabet soup. 

3 hours ago, profusion said:

Do they all drunkenly slump on the sidewalk hitting on women who aren't their wives?

Face it, this was done by someone to make Jay look bad. I'd hope that someone doesn't work for the Redskins, but the parallel to the McCloughan situation is striking. Nothing would surprise me with this FO.

Come on! Jay made himself look bad. Unless the team policy was to get ****ty drunk and sit on a sidewalk and the organization flipped the script on his ass.

Look I've been ****ty drunk, fell asleep in a bar utility room, woke up with the no one there. So believe me, I get it. But I can't expect anyone to be respectful. That **** is on me if the alarm goes off and the cops snatch my ass away for burglary (which didn't happen btw thank goodness). Bottom line, the finger pointing goes nowhere but in the direction of  Jay in this case. Even if the organization is out to set him up so they don't have to pay him millions after he's gone (which everyone will be complaining about as well - so you're damn if you do and damn if you set his ass up), Jay was the one sippin syrup or hennessy or whatever the **** would make a grown ass man sit on a public sidewalk in an area he is known (and a public figure). Dumb if you ask me.

16 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

**** em Jay.......hope you had a great night. Bruce is a piece of **** for doing this. I really think Bruce and Dan are having sex...no way a competent business man let's this **** happen. Walk out today Jay they are going to burn you.

tenor.gif.6c31e3746d9c4e7f84cf810a06e1a0e7.gif So somehow this makes Bruce and Dan look good and they hired him?

22 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Profootballtalk.com is saying the videos are one year old.  Not two years old and not five years old so hopefully someone will clarify the age of the videos at some point.   Some people believe the woman on the street is Gruden's wife so that would be no big deal either if true.

I'll repost what I quoted from twitter again since it speaks to something you're bringing up--when the video was shot. BubbaChuck757 is the twitter guy who posted the videos--don't think he got them from somewhere else but since his account is private now can't say for sure. chris Merriweather asked him on his feed when the video was made...you can only see the one side of the convo but it points in the direction of the video being recent, and of it being a rather normal occurrence to run into Gruden at places like this, along with other Skins players and coaches. Neither one seems to think the video is any big deal and the BubbaChuck guy is not asked why he is posting a video that is old:

Replying to @BubbaChuck757
When was this?

Word! I live right around skins park I see a lot of those guys often. Seen jay often he is a cool dude no bull****. Surprised he got caught slipping like this but def not surprised by the video

Facts!! It’s def no big deal for me! Lol at all - I done seen jay out plenty of times this ain’t ****. Lol it def funny but no big deal

On 10/4/2019 at 3:26 PM, Boss_Hogg said:

My tin foil hat is telling me that Bruce paid someone to leak these. 

Bruce is laying the groundwork for the firing

Tin foil hat?  You don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to believe that -- come on.  Leaked right before the Pats game on his way to 0-5!?  it's almost hacky on the FO's part.  Good lord,....ha

2 minutes ago, Probos said:

Tin foil hat?  You don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to believe that -- come on.  Leaked right before the Pats game on his way to 0-5!?  it's almost hacky on the FO's part.  Good lord,....ha

Maybe the nefarious Belichick leaked it to throw the Skins' locker room into a tizzy right before the game. 😄

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Sumbich, you quoted me weird and I'm having a hard time fixing it lol...ah, well, I'll do it freestyle:

How does showing a video of the guy you hired and gave an extension to divest Bruce from him at all? And as I had said earlier, Scot was fired before any "smearing" took place. Scot (and his wife) made it public by texting local Skins beat writers about his absence, claiming they were wrong about why he was not at the combine and that he had to tend to family matters after his grandmother passed away. The only thing remotely resembling leaked smears before Scot was fired was Cooley speculating about Scot drinking again, and Sheehan backed up Cooley's claim that he had no personal knowledge and was definitely not instructed to do so by anyone with the Redskins.

Because it is failing and Bruce built the whole damn year around his "we are close" moniker fed to midget Danny, and the media, touting Gruden as the one who would get it done because of his relationship with the players, and because our bad luck injuries kept them out of the playoffs.   Someone has to be left responsible for the "we are so far away" don't they?   

All I am saying is to get the focus off of him, he has to get the focus onto someone else and make them look even worse then they already do.  Bruce and Dan whether it is before during or after always push negative perceptions about employees out into the public domain.  This **** has gone on in this organization for a very long time.   It definitely keeps the focus off of Bruce.   The last 10 years has been exceptionally bad in this area.

Cooley definitely has connections within the organization and on this very board people were speculating that Cooley was purposively leaking stuff about SM and his drinking issue.  

Honestly I do not believe in coincidences.  Never have and never will.  The timing and this type of media has the sleezy earmark of Dan and Bruce.    

I have been very critical of Gruden and the players BUT honestly even if you replace the coach many of the issues we bring up here are institutional like over the past 10 years - undisciplined players with stupid ass penalties on both sides of the ball.  A defense that misses tackles, takes poor angles, gives marginal effort, only plays one half of football.  A secondary that plays 10 yards off and yet is  constantly exposed and burnt on the long ball.    And of course the add on the last three years is injuries, injuries, injuries.

44 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

USB or flash drive would keep it, especially since that was available five years ago.  You can always upload in present time to a twitter account. You could of course create an account or have someone upload it for you through their account. 

I don't think they would ask him directly.  But anything is possible given the track record of these guys.

I missed these two:

1) You didn't say why Bruce would decide to carry around a video of Jay on a USB flash drive for years...

2) I think saying "anything is possible" when it comes to Bruce and Dan is kind of copping out. As if saying that is all that needs to be said on the matter, no further explanation or analysis necessary.

31 minutes ago, TK said:

Nah, they just sell alphabet soup. 

Ah. A, B, and C brands. 

So Bruce starts with an B, and Allen has an A. So where does Dan fit in there? C for CcccSsnyder? 

C for Crown, for Mister CCcccSssnyder. 

(I already went there and damn if I couldn't find any soup. Sheesh, Thanks TK!)

3 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Because it is failing and Bruce built the whole damn year around his "we are close" moniker fed to midget Danny, and the media, touting Gruden as the one who would get it done because of his relationship with the players, and because our bad luck injuries kept them out of the playoffs.   Someone has to be left responsible for the "we are so far away" don't they?   

All I am saying is to get the focus off of him, he has to get the focus onto someone else and make them look even worse then they already do.  Bruce and Dan whether it is before during or after always push negative perceptions about employees out into the public domain.  This **** has gone on in this organization for a very long time.   It definitely keeps the focus off of Bruce.   The last 10 years has been exceptionally bad in this area.

Cooley definitely has connections within the organization and on this very board people were speculating that Cooley was purposively leaking stuff about SM and his drinking issue.  

Honestly I do not believe in coincidences.  Never have and never will.  The timing and this type of media has the sleezy earmark of Dan and Bruce.    

I have been very critical of Gruden and the players BUT honestly even if you replace the coach many of the issues we bring up here are institutional like over the past 10 years - undisciplined players with stupid ass penalties on both sides of the ball.  A defense that misses tackles, takes poor angles, gives marginal effort, only plays one half of football.  A secondary that plays 10 yards off and yet is  constantly exposed and burnt on the long ball.    And of course the add on the last three years is injuries, injuries, injuries.

This feels a bit like "the reasoning makes sense in my mind, so that validates the plan of attack I believe they took".

For me, the two don't go together...at all. Everyone has been saying Jay was on the hot seat this season, playoffs or bust, etc, etc. Hell, even Jay said if they don't make the playoffs he won't be back here next season anyway. Bruce hyping up the "we're close" rhetoric had damn near everyone laughing...almost nobody bought it. So I'm not connecting the dots that lead from "Shut up, Bruce, we're nowhere near being close this season" to "OMG, how do I explain why we were nowhere near close this season?" Fans had been telling Bruce all along why the Skins were not close, and Jay was part of the reason why. They already knew...everyone already knew, media, fans....Bruce was handed the reasons on a silver platter early and often. Nobody needed to concoct a smear campaign...the fans were already doing that job for Bruce. In fact, it could be argued that firing Jay last week would have bought Bruce a smidgeon of breathing room by the fanbase. If he fired Gruden AND Manusky? The fanbase would have chipped in and sent him a free 6-back of lukearm Coors light lol...

They'd still want him gone, of course. But it's kind of hilarious that anyone would feel a made-up controversy needed to happen in order to avoid fan backlash over doing something the fans had been wanting Bruce and Dan to do for a while now.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I missed these two:

1) You didn't say why Bruce would decide to carry around a video of Jay on a USB flash drive for years...

2) I think saying "anything is possible" when it comes to Bruce and Dan is kind of copping out. As if saying that is all that needs to be said on the matter, no further explanation or analysis necessary.

Okay lets try this from another angle. First you would have to have the perception, that I admit I do,  that Bruce has some anti-social qualities and that he is both opportunistic and self-protective.  You might find this difficult to perceive, that some people can be super ****ty towards another person, even someone they claimed to like and support,  in order to save their own ass or at least give it a reprieve.  

So you never know when something could come in handy.  If you agree with my perception then of course he has the capacity to do something like this.  If not then you are never going to believe he would even be capable of: 1) carrying a vid around that makes Gruden look bad and 2) that anything is possible with with his type of character structure.

The two of them together - meaning Dan and Bruce equals a very toxic organization with petty **** like this going on all the time.  And if they really do sit around and drink a lot together who knows what stuff they cook up together. 

Is this what 4chan is like? 

Seriously though if we look at this as a diabolical attempt to destroy Jay even further, is the motive of this video to get the team out of some or all of Jay's contract?

I can't see any other reason to do it, the team already has plenty of good reasons to fire Jay, why release the video and create another spectacle that creates more negative press on your franchise?

11 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Okay lets try this from another angle. First you would have to have the perception, that I admit I do,  that Bruce has some anti-social qualities and that he is both opportunistic and self-protective.  You might find this difficult to perceive, that some people can be super ****ty towards another person, even someone they claimed to like and support,  in order to save their own ass or at least give it a reprieve.  

So you never know when something could come in handy.  If you agree with my perception then of course he has the capacity to do something like this.  If not then you are never going to believe he would even be capable of: 1) carrying a vid around that makes Gruden look bad and 2) that anything is possible with with his type of character structure.

The two of them together - meaning Dan and Bruce equals a very toxic organization with petty **** like this going on all the time.  And if they really do sit around and drink a lot together who knows what stuff they cook up together. 

You know what?...I don't agree with you here, at all lol...but there is a logic to it that is completely valid in your thinking. 

Still not sure how it ended up being posted on twitter, but for the part you responded to...yeah, I get the concept.

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Maybe we should start giving Godwin points around here for those kind of comments!

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

This feels a bit like "the reasoning makes sense in my mind, so that validates the plan of attack I believe they took".

For me, the two don't go together...at all. Everyone has been saying Jay was on the hot seat this season, playoffs or bust, etc, etc. Hell, even Jay said if they don't make the playoffs he won't be back here next season anyway. Bruce hyping up the "we're close" rhetoric had damn near everyone laughing...almost nobody bought it. So I'm not connecting the dots that lead from "Shut up, Bruce, we're nowhere near being close this season" to "OMG, how do I explain why we were nowhere near close this season?" Fans had been telling Bruce all along why the Skins were not close, and Jay was part of the reason why. They already knew...everyone already knew, media, fans....Bruce was handed the reasons on a silver platter early and often. Nobody needed to concoct a smear campaign...the fans were already doing that job for Bruce. In fact, it could be argued that firing Jay last week would have bought Bruce a smidgeon of breathing room by the fanbase. If he fired Gruden AND Manusky? The fanbase would have chipped in and sent him a free 6-back of lukearm Coors light lol...

You could easily say, which I have heard over and over again that Bruce and Dan are tone deaf when it comes to the fan base.  Wasn't there an article out there about that very subject?  Again the "we are close" was it that for the fan base who they are supposedly tone deaf to, was it something Bruce fed to Dan?  Or was it a perception pushed out there to fill seats?  I think it is a combination.

Also, and I have been very clear about this, yeah Gruden knew the writing was on the wall if they did not make the playoffs.  He said it during a press conference.  We all heard it.  I truly believe he was in some agreement with the FO when he signed his extension with the front office.  He had to in order to continue.  But things have changed a lot since then haven't they?  Last years losing season was a lot for little Danny to take.  Dan started meddling again.  Who in their right mind would draft Haskins in the first round into this organization?  It was a crazy choice.  

i believe Gruden and the FO are let us say, not only not on the same page any longer.  And that might be putting it nicely.  So yeah, of course you would smear the guy on the way out. That is Bruce's character and I believe Dan Snyder's.   It is just what they do. History is repeating itself. 

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

They'd still want him gone, of course. But it's kind of hilarious that anyone would feel a made-up controversy needed to happen in order to avoid fan backlash over doing something the fans had been wanting Bruce and Dan to do for a while now.

Oh yeah I am hilarious.  I have made my points. I can't keep repeating them.

Looking through this thread, it really, really saddens me how many people actually believe that the FO benefits from Jay being embarrassed, and even more that they think the FO is brilliant enough to be able to get its hands on this video from several years ago, put it ON A FLASH DRIVE 🤣, and then leak it to a burner who accidentally got 5,000 followers before going active.

Jay was getting roasted over a fire pit for how the Giants game and the Haskins fallout ended. He's about to get roasted over a volcano for the unspeakable horrors the team will suffer against the Patriots. And somehow, Jay looking drunk on an uncertain street at an uncertain time is going to be what convinces everyone 'Jay's got to go'.

I hate Bruce and Dan, but the amount people are willing to blind themselves just so that they can have reason number 5,432 to hate them is scary. If Bruce and Dan actually managed to go all black-ops on this and sneak old 'dirt' out on Gruden after all this time, the NFL isn't for them. We need them in the CIA.

Archived