Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Boss_Hogg

17 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

So I'm not a baseball fan at ALL...but living in Cardinal country my whole life, their fans are crazy annoying. Imagine a mix of being as educated as a Cowboys fan but as spoiled as a Patriots fan..... So I'm LOVING this series right now. Go Nats. 

The mods really need to add a puking emoji option.

11 hours ago, ananoman said:

let's see, we have a Mystics team that just won a championship, a Caps team that recently won a championship, a Nats team on the cups of a World Series, and the Skins- the laughingstock of the NFL who I think a Fox commentator said isn't even an NFL caliber team.

Don't forget our 2018 Arena Bowl Champions!   Yes I'm a Washington Valor Fan.

On 10/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I showed you the WS Series ratings versus October Patriot ratings last year. The Patriots crushed the Red Sox. I imagine the same is the case in DC.

I  doubt this would be the exactly same, yes football is still king but the Patriots are a well established and competent franchise.  I would be willing to bet Nationals world series ratings will crush the Skins right now. 

On 10/15/2019 at 5:13 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Here's the issue. No one under 50 watches baseball except during the playoffs. During the playoffs, people from 35 to 49 start to watch baseball occasionally.

The end.

Baseball tv ratings are never going to come out favorably when compared to football ratings, no matter how you slice the pie.

I agree...so how do we judge popularity then? We need something more tangible than "buzz" 

Most here are pretty smart...it's obvious that the Skins are losing the interest of the area while other teams are gaining interest...but how do we determine when they've actually fallen behind one of the other teams?

45 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I agree...so how do we judge popularity then? We need something more tangible than "buzz" 

Most here are pretty smart...it's obvious that the Skins are losing the interest of the area while other teams are gaining interest...but how do we determine when they've actually fallen behind one of the other teams?

According to the Washington Post- The Nationals' Game 4 win over Cardinals  drew a 14.8 rating in the Washington television market, the highest-rated Nationals telecast in the area ... By comparison, last Sunday's Redskins-Miami Dolphins game, broadcast by Fox, drew a 14.2 local rating, also, it was the least televised NFL matchup of the weekend.  And remember, the Nats game was broadcast on TBS as apposed to one of the major networks

I don't care about ratings. The Nats have surged ahead of the Skins in this area. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone rocking Skins gear, but over the last 5+ years I've seen tons of Nats gear.

This is a Caps and Nats town. The Redskins are a dead franchise.

Also comparing ratings is bad because NFL games are on basic TV while the NLCS was on TBS which is cable.

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't care about ratings. The Nats have surged ahead of the Skins in this area. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone rocking Skins gear, but over the last 5+ years I've seen tons of Nats gear.

Also comparing ratings is bad because NFL games are on basic TV while the NLCS was on TBS which is cable.

I don't disagree with your assertion...I was just wondering if we could find numbers to back it up. Looks like the post above goes a long way toward proving that. 

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

TV ratings are misleading anyway. They can't measure active viewing, and I'm guessing that 50% of the households watching just had it on in the background while they vacuumed the floors, folded laundry, built WMDs, etc. Plus, the Redskins have on TV in this area for well over 60 years, while the Nats have only been here for 15.

For a historical example, our government and military hyper-focused on one stat - body count - for most of the Vietnam War. The idea being that our military could kill VC and NVA soldiers faster than North Vietnam could recruit them. Yes, our military killed a lot more of them than we lost...but ultimately, body count didn't exactly work in the US' favor because our pursuit of body count alienated the populace...and the population's attitudes towards the US would have been a quality stat the government should have been tracking instead.

17 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. I have been wearing my Nats gear for the past several months. I haven't put on any of my Redskins stuff at all. Haven't seen anyone w/ Redskins gear on and I'm in Arlington. 

On 10/15/2019 at 5:13 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Here's the issue. No one under 50 watches baseball except during the playoffs. During the playoffs, people from 35 to 49 start to watch baseball occasionally.

The end.

Baseball tv ratings are never going to come out favorably when compared to football ratings, no matter how you slice the pie.

Jokes on you, I'm 30 and I have been watching Nats games for the better part of the last decade. In fact, I've also encountered more people in the wild who would rather watch Nationals over Redskins. 

Young people are getting into Nats and even baseball because consistent winning gets people paying attention, young people are not getting into the Redskins and watching other teams.

3 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Remember Snyder's Newsweek quote from 2002?

"What model is Art Modell? He owned the team 42 years and won one Super Bowl." 

Had he known at the time that in his 20th year as the Skins owner he'd win zero Lombardi trophies would he still have uttered that?

He may not have ever won a Lombardi and probably never will but he purchased 3 of them.

That's all that matters to him anyway apparently.

Too bad he didn't buy the Eagles. He's probably just as likely to have grown up a fan of theirs.

Archived