Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

Any coach interview for this job, should tell Dan that they won't commit to Haskins.   They will look at the tape on Haskins; but if they feel the Skins need to draft a QB a QB, they will.  That should eliminate many candidates. Dan's not to give up on his QB yet.  

Can't wait for the new AllenSnyder puppet that will be fired in 2-3 years.

27 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Any coach interview for this job, should tell Dan that they won't commit to Haskins.   They will look at the tape on Haskins; but if they feel the Skins need to draft a QB a QB, they will.  That should eliminate many candidates. Dan's not to give up on his QB yet.  

Can't wait for the new AllenSnyder puppet that will be fired in 2-3 years.

With Allen as GM our coaches lasted four years and then six years.  The only coach we've fired after two years was Zorn, Spurrier quit (thank god) and so did marty

On 10/15/2019 at 7:07 PM, carex said:

With Allen as GM our coaches lasted four years and then six years.  The only coach we've fired after two years was Zorn, Spurrier quit (thank god) and so did marty

The only problem with that is the winning % for any of the coaches under Allen is horrendous. And he now has over 15 years of losing on his record with no playoff wins.

BTW, Marty got paid after he left and nowhere on this planet was it reported that he quit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2002/01/14/schottenheimer-is-fired/8f950e54-81b3-4a5a-944c-913902c75efb/

6 minutes ago, carex said:

I thought he quit because Snyder wanted to change his job responsibilities

I have no idea what put that idea in your head.

Snyder wanted to hire Vinny back and continue to play fantasy football. Which he did and still does until this day.

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Looking at it that way, Callahan was just one win a way from a Super Bowl Champion as HC

Honestly, if Haskins gets another oppportunity and shows progress and actually looks legit then I would give the job to Callahan if he wanted it.  Callahan is a technical coach and everything seems calculated and planned out.  This week will be important for him and if he shows that we can scheme well and move the ball against the 49ers then he's one step close to this job IMO.

6 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

I have no opinion on who our next coach should be until we fire Bruce Allen and optimally Dan sells the team (see my Kick Starter campaign 😎)

What needs to happen is the next #1 candidate for head coach needs to point out that coaches under Bruce have failed miserably and that if Bruce is the GM then there's no way they'd accept the job of head coach. That would be tremendous. Dan needs to hear that if he hasn't already. 

Snyder:  (on speaker phone in his office): "Hello Urban, it's Daniel Snyder, I am excited as hell to offer you the job as head coach of the Redskins".

Urban Meyer: "Wow, that's great, I will accept the job under one condition.....that Bruce Allen is removed from all football operations."

Snyder:  (looking at Bruce who's in the room).................cricket...............cricket................cricket......."what do I tell him Bruce?"

Bruce: "Tell him no way, you need me, I have us close to the Super Bowl." 

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

I have no idea what put that idea in your head.

Snyder wanted to hire Vinny back and continue to play fantasy football. Which he did and still does until this day.

his version of fantasy football became very boring then

2 hours ago, Csup said:

Yeah he only won a Super Bowl.

But to overcome Beavis and Butthead the Redskins require Vince Gibbsichick.

A mere SB winner under ideal circumstances will never amount to anything here

Sounds funny but it's 100% true.

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

But to overcome Beavis and Butthead the Redskins require Vince Gibbsichick.

A mere SB winner under ideal circumstances will never amount to anything here

Sounds funny but it's 100% true.

Oh I agree 100%.   I was just pointing out the absurdity (IMO) that Tomlin is not a good coach.   

I‘ve always maintained that if Vince Lombardi worked for the Midget he would have ended up selling men’s shoes rather than a legendary coach.

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Looking at it that way, Callahan was just one win a way from a Super Bowl Champion as HC

Tomlin has a .644 regular season win percentage and is 8-7 in the playoffs including a SB win.   I think he is an excellent coach.  So I hope he stays away from the Redskins.

2 hours ago, Csup said:

Tomlin has a .644 regular season win percentage and is 8-7 in the playoffs including a SB win.   I think he is an excellent coach.  So I hope he stays away from the Redskins.

He's also had a future HOF QB through his entire tenure as HC, a slew of super talented receivers, and multiple All Pro level players on defense over the years. 

I'm not saying he isn't a decent coach, but he's pretty much always had a loaded team to work with on both sides of the ball as well as a top notch scouting department who draft really well. 

I can't see him coming here unless it's purely to cash in. We have some intriguing talent potential on defense but our offense is a cluster**** with very little talent outside of McLauren. 

10 hours ago, mistertim said:

He's also had a future HOF QB through his entire tenure as HC, a slew of super talented receivers, and multiple All Pro level players on defense over the years. 

I'm not saying he isn't a decent coach, but he's pretty much always had a loaded team to work with on both sides of the ball as well as a top notch scouting department who draft really well. 

I can't see him coming here unless it's purely to cash in. We have some intriguing talent potential on defense but our offense is a cluster**** with very little talent outside of McLauren. 

True but what great coach doesn’t have good players?  Walsh had Montana and Young.  Billicheck (sp) has Brady.  Billicheck didn’t have talent in Cleveland and lost- with an amazing coaching staff.  

Keep an eye on Robert Saleh this weekend. He is the DC of the 49ers. Hes a 40 year old who is starting to be seen around the league as a HC candidate. His defenses were bad the past couple years but is elite this year

he’s been an assistant for the Texans, Seahawks and Jaguars before this

On 10/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, Csup said:

True but what great coach doesn’t have good players?  Walsh had Montana and Young.  Billicheck (sp) has Brady.  Billicheck didn’t have talent in Cleveland and lost- with an amazing coaching staff.  

That's a fair point, but I think there's also a synergy there. Walsh benefited from Montana's obvious talent and Montana benefited from Walsh being a brilliant OC and QB guru; the WCO was absolutely perfect for Montana's playing style and strengths as well. I think it's partially the same with Belichick and Brady...they both benefited from each other, though probably less than a situation like Montana and Walsh. I also believe it's the same with Mahomes and Reid. Mahomes had an obviously absurd amount of talent coming out but was still pretty raw in some areas. Reid has always been a very innovative OC and he made the decision to let Mahomes sit for a year and teach him. He then crafted his offense around Mahome's strengths and the results have been amazing. I think Mahomes would quite possibly have failed in places with a lesser coaching staff (cough cough Redskins). Or if not failed, not ended up as nearly the QB he is now. 

9 hours ago, method man said:

Keep an eye on Robert Saleh this weekend. He is the DC of the 49ers. Hes a 40 year old who is starting to be seen around the league as a HC candidate. His defenses were bad the past couple years but is elite this year

he’s been an assistant for the Texans, Seahawks and Jaguars before this

I'm sure Shanahan will give his endorsement.

On 10/18/2019 at 1:54 AM, mistertim said:

Everything you described is every successful head coach in the history of the game.  Gibbs, Walsh, Belicheck, Noll, Lombardi, etc.

For giggles, Walsh was 11-21-1 when Montana or Young werent the starting QB.  Tomlin is 12-10.  

Archived