Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official venting, group therapy, group hug thread

RichmondRedskin88

2 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

With all due respect though, isn’t this how everyone drew it up?

We were expected to start 0-5, and at best 1-4 with a possible win against the Giants.

We are right on schedule.

I think what's different is that we expected some degree of competition. We didn't expect to be laughing stocks. We thought that the D would be stout (okay, I didn't. I thought the D gave up on Manusky last year and didn't really buy that there would be a great turnaround.)

We're not lovable try-hards. We're bums! Stumbling, drunk, can't find the way to the bathroom with a full-exploding bladder bums.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This roster has a considerable amount of young, hungry talent.  And very, very soon that talent will have the benefit of working with young, hungry, talented coaches.

Hang in there Redskins family!

Fire Gruden and Manusky today.  We would only be losing two coaches.  It's obvious that Manusky is in over his head.  And, Gruden cannot lead a team.  See what you have in O'Connell, and let the youngest defensive coach be the DC to see what you have there.  I'm just throwing stuff against the wall to see what will stick.  It could not be any worse than what we are going through right now.  

I was also on the sit Haskins train early, but now I want to see him play so we can see what we have.  

Well we are who we thought we were.  

We hoped we were wrong but alas nope, we are a poorly coached team with some over paid players and a front office that is arrogant, spiteful and just plain stupid.  Both sides of the ball suck.  Its embarrassing being a fan of this team right now.  

Im flying to NY overnight on Thursday.  Ive put out a couple thousand dollars for this trip to watch this "team" play against the Giants who will be missing their star RB.  Of all the games/teams I could have chosen I chose the Redskins at the Giants game to attend.  It was a mistake but I can't undo anything so Ill have no choice to sit and watch a rookie QB in his second start, without his starting RB rip apart this Redskins team.  Ill have a good view of it.  I paid for front row seats behind the Redskins bench.

I really need to rethink attending any games next year and possibly paying for the Sunday ticket.  

2 minutes ago, Tuck28 said:

Fire Gruden and Manusky today.  We would only be losing two coaches.  It's obvious that Manusky is in over his head.  And, Gruden cannot lead a team.  See what you have in O'Connell, and let the youngest defensive coach be the DC to see what you have there.  I'm just throwing stuff against the wall to see what will stick.  It could not be any worse than what we are going through right now.  

You'd be setting KoC up for failure.  Better to let him take over in the offseason.  Give him time to infuse his identity into the team.  They should also start unloading anyone over 25 for draft picks.  But you make Jay finish out the year.  

Really though, who are we kidding?!  Hiring a new coach with Dan Snyder as owner, any new coach, would be like trying to cure cancer with baby aspirin.  He is a toxic leader who has to buy loyalty.  He will always end up with mercenaries & yes men when you need loyal troops and straight-shooters to win.  I know his ego won't let him but if he really cared he'd just sell the team.  

13 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Well we are who we thought we were.  

We hoped we were wrong but alas nope, we are a poorly coached team with some over paid players and a front office that is arrogant, spiteful and just plain stupid.  Both sides of the ball suck.  Its embarrassing being a fan of this team right now.  

Im flying to NY overnight on Thursday.  Ive put out a couple thousand dollars for this trip to watch this "team" play against the Giants who will be missing their star RB.  Of all the games/teams I could have chosen I chose the Redskins at the Giants game to attend.  It was a mistake but I can't undo anything so Ill have no choice to sit and watch a rookie QB in his second start, without his starting RB rip apart this Redskins team.  Ill have a good view of it.  I paid for front row seats behind the Redskins bench.

I really need to rethink attending any games next year and possibly paying for the Sunday ticket.  

Theres so much I wanna say to this..I love the post..just got so much to say about it..first..I'll watch for a skins fan behind the skins bench, second.. I told my folks it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they didnt get the ticket next year..but that would eliminate us from spending time together on sundays..I guees we could still gather and watch what ever game is on..which you know,  it's the Broncos or seahawks..I'd rather not be a fan of the game anymore...third, that sucks Barkley is out so ya can't see him play..I know it's hard for me to say "enjoy watching a divisional rival play" but to put that kind money out ya wanna see all the talent on the field..maybe ya get some what of your money's worth and the skins get a win somehow..

People blame Allen, when he's really a puppet for Snyder. Snyder will never sell and I think only owns the team because it makes him rich. We need strong leadership from the top of the organization to turn this thing around and it will just never happen while Danny is alive. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Dan Snyder is 54 years old. He's got maybe another 20 years of the team management equivalent of driving donuts in a mud puddle. 

If you want to see a successful franchise here's what you have to do: 

1 - Adjust your diet - Less red meats. More veggies. Eat less and avoid processed foods. 

2 - Stay active - Get to the gym or just start some kind of activity. 

3 - See your doctor - Get caught up on all your exams. Might be a finger in the butt, but it's critical if you want to see this franchise succeed. 

4 - Spend time with your family, friends and pets. This will make you happier, which should help you live longer. 

Honestly, if you did 1-4 you'd probably be a happier person and you might just stop following football while you focus on other things. 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I think what's different is that we expected some degree of competition. We didn't expect to be laughing stocks. We thought that the D would be stout (okay, I didn't. I thought the D gave up on Manusky last year and didn't really buy that there would be a great turnaround.)

We're not lovable try-hards. We're bums! Stumbling, drunk, can't find the way to the bathroom with a full-exploding bladder bums.

I'd add that if I knew Keenum and the young, untested WRs were producing as they are, that I wouldn't have expected 1-4, but possibly 3-2. It's demoralizing when a perceived weakness hold its own and the perceived strengths completely crater. 

I haven't finished compiling all the stats yet, but I believe the Redskins have now fallen to 3-27,857 all time on MNF.

When Mark Mosley missed a game winning FG against Green Bay in 1983, it began an endless stream of projectile vomiting by the Redskins in prime time games that has lasted nearly 36 years.

Oh, and when the redskins beat the cowboys on MNF in 2005, it wasn't called the "Monday Night Miracle" because of how it ended...it was because the dramamine actually worked for once.

Make Kevin Connell head coach today. Elevate Rob Ryan today. When Flowers went down and Rouiller sp? instead of putting in the mauler Wes Martin who was inactive they have Bergstrom or what ever his name is as backup. WTF?  Jay and Greg and Bruce cannot do this.  They all need to find a high school to coach or manage. That is as good as they can handle. I would like to see Wes Martin be Center if he could manage it and had the smarts to call blocking assignments. Having a mauler at Center would be sweet but if he can't swing it and i suppose he can't which would be a big deal to do

having him at Guard is still fine by me.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:14 AM, Unbias said:

1 - Adjust your diet - Less red meats. More veggies. Eat less and avoid processed foods. 

2 - Stay active - Get to the gym or just start some kind of activity. 

3 - a finger in the butt

4 - Spend time with your family, friends and pets. This will make you happier, which should help you live longer. 

Honestly, if you did 1-4 you'd probably be a happier person and you might just stop following football while you focus on other things. 

I call bs on most of that; The diet plan isn’t necessarily a good one & #3 is done daily without any benefits so far

I'm with you @stoshuaj. I stayed up til 2:15am to watch that mess. My wife said "don't watch that thing, it'll ruin your whole week". I did it anyway. Went to work pissed. Still pissed. Look, I realize that my team won't go to the SB every year; won't make the playoffs every year. But I want them to at least be competitive and prepared when they take the field. Six years of this nonsense (in terms of coaching), and even longer under the team president, and even longer under the owner. It's frustrating as hell.

Archived