Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official venting, group therapy, group hug thread

RichmondRedskin88

11 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

Allen doesn't look smart very often but he is looking smarter and smarter all the time for the decision to let Cousins go:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/30/what-will-the-vikings-do-with-kirk-cousins/

Even the McDonald’s ice cream machine works correctly once in a blue moon. 

17 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Allen didnt want to let Cousins go, thats a myth.  Allen literally came out and said that we would get a deal done with Cousins, done deal, deal done, absolutely done.

How do people forget that?  I mean seriously, that was only like 2 years ago.

I distinctly recall McCloughan saying that, but not Bruce.

I hate how torn I am at the moment. It was great to read that Louis Riddick article about how Snyder is essentially out of personnel decisions all together. I believe it, we've had some really solid drafts and I can't imagine that he had any input. The FO's issue has been with handling its current players... Kirk, TW, Scherff. We got a 3rd round comp pick for Kirk when he would have easily fetched a 1st if we got ahead of it a la how the Steelers handled Antonio Brown. Sure, some Kirk-lovers would have been upset, but it would have been the correct move (Kirk continues to prove that day in and day out). Now we have TW and Scherff. If we aren't going to sign them then ****ing trade them. Build dammit, be smart. Actually, I'm not even asking to be smart, just don't be braindead dumb. How can a group of people have such awful foresight?

If Snyder really is staying out of the football side of things then there is a glimmer of hope. Maybe now he'll hire the right coach and give them the tools they need to succeed (assuming Gruden is gone sooner than later)... If I were the FO, I would wait until after the Pats game before making any drastic moves. 

15 hours ago, CTskin said:

I distinctly recall McCloughan saying that, but not Bruce.

More part of Bruces amazing powers of liesuasion.  

McCloughan wanted to sign him in the first year or two for cheap, like $18 million per and didnt think he was good enough for more than that.  Bruce offered him two franchise tags and then a big extension, and when asked about the negotiations and peoples worries said it would be done. Even after that and when it went south he said "Our goal was to sign Kirk to a long term contract, with the final objective to have him end his career with the Redskins"  And of the first offer Bruce said it was "The highest guaranteed amount upon signing for a QB in NFL history".

Archived