Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official venting, group therapy, group hug thread

RichmondRedskin88

I had a official venting thread awhile back but I don’t know where it went.  

1. Must every MNF be a disaster?  I had the fun torture of sitting next to 2 bear fans at the bar.  

2.  What the hell do we have to do to turn this around?  We have no direction at all.  Like I can’t even figure out the vision. 

3.  Our fan base doesn’t deserve this.  I don’t know what voodoo we brought upon ourselves but we don’t deserve it. 

4. F this front office and staff.  This isn’t just incompetence.  This is deliberate destruction of one of the NFL’ legendary franchise. 

8 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

1. Must every MNF be a disaster?  I had the fun torture of sitting next to 2 bear fans at the bar.  

2.  What the hell do we have to do to turn this around?  We have no direction at all.  Like I can’t even figure out the vision. 

3.  Our fan base doesn’t deserve this.  I don’t know what voodoo we brought upon ourselves but we don’t deserve it. 

4. F this front office and staff.  This isn’t just incompetence.  This is deliberate destruction of one of the NFL’ legendary franchise. 

I absolutely loved the broadcast last night. They went all in on the skins, jay, Bruce. Said the fans were as good as there was, didn’t deserve this, changes needed to be made, etc. it was actually refreshing to hear. 

18 minutes ago, C26 Run said:

Jay Gruden:

Why didn't he challenge the safety?

Because Trubisky was tackled at the one yard line. Him falling in the end zone means nothing when his forward momentum was stopped at the one. If he had purposely run backwards that's a different story. But he didn't.

12 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Who’s picking said coaches?  Snyder?  Allen?  Psst.

That's the thing, even if this really is (and it isn't) a golden god roster that Jay and the gang are too stupid to make good, Jay is Bruce's handpicked coach, that he extended no less.  There is no way around it.  All this is on Bruce, that's what happens when you want to be in charge of everything.  When things go great (which they never do for him) you get all the applause & accolades and when things go bad, you get all the vitriol.

37 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

I absolutely loved the broadcast last night. They went all in on the skins, jay, Bruce. Said the fans were as good as there was, didn’t deserve this, changes needed to be made, etc. it was actually refreshing to hear. 

You heard this from booger McFarland ? I must have missed this. Though I turned it off in the 4th

52 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

EB5B48A7-1598-4064-ABE4-597048EB2479.gif

When Booger mentioned that HaHa, who lit us up with reckless abandon, took less money to go to Chicago because he "wanted to be where it's all about the game" ...

That said it all. 

And Josh Norman is still garbage. He knew not to celebrate that INT too much because he'd sucked the rest of the game. 💩

49 minutes ago, C26 Run said:

Jay Gruden:

Why didn't he challenge the safety?

Is he purposefully trying to sabotage this season?

Will he relinquish play-calling to O'Connell?

Why can't he run the offense through AD?

He did challenge the safety. He dialed up those picks to Ha Ha Clinton Dix. 

Clinton Dix seems to be another example along with Preston Smith and Breeland as to the Redskins drafting/acquiring good talent and misusing it or failing to keep it. Dix was a bum with the Redskins. Lost. Slow. Ineffective. He seems to be a key player with the Bears. Breeland is rated as one of the best cbs in the NFL this year. He was up and down with us, but generally good. We certainly could use him now. Hell, we were even given a mulligan when his first contract offer was nullified. Preston Smith was Captain Almost here and largely invisible. Now, he's getting over a sack a game.

It ain't about talent. It's about crappy scheme and worse play calling. It's about an inability to get the troops focused and on the same page. People keep saying that Jay's a player's coach. Well, they sure don't fight for him and run through walls for him. They are happy to loaf and come out flat for him though.

Me personally...I'm hanging on to hope that someone..not sure who that someone is but someone that will grab snyder and say look..this is what ya need to do and snyder listens and theres a complete change from bruce down to coaching..whole new gm put In place who puts together a staff that can win with the players we have now..haskins, mclaurin gui..uh love..

That's the only thing we can hope to happen...or just completely quit being a Redskins fan...no more watching there games or anything...I'm so close to being completely done than once ownership changes maybe pay attention again..

Around February I wanted this team to do what the Dolphins ended up doing, so I have NOT been optimistic about this year. BUT, I'm still a huge fan and I love the Redskins, so here is my singular vent:

I will not buy in to anything this team attempts to sell the fan base until they remove the top layers of the organization, hire a person or people with a track record of success, and let those individuals assess what we have and where we need to go. Until then, it's all just marketing and smoke & mirrors. 

By the way, the idea of a group hug or a big vat of ice cream thread might be a good idea.

Do we need to rant or share a beer and love on each other a little :)

We few... we the deluded... I see your eyes watering. I see that stiff lip quivering. Bring it in, Redskins' fans.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

By the way, the idea of a group hug or a big vat of ice cream thread might be a good idea.

Do we need to rant or share a beer and love on each other a little :)

We few... we the deluded... I see your eyes watering. I see that stiff lip quivering. Bring it in, Redskins' fans.

https://gph.is/1aemFkj

You have such a way with words, ever thought about writing a book? :806:

(Maybe one about dealing with suck?)

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Me personally...I'm hanging on to hope that someone..not sure who that someone is but someone that will grab snyder and say look..this is what ya need to do and snyder listens and theres a complete change from bruce down to coaching..whole new gm put In place who puts together a staff that can win with the players we have now..haskins, mclaurin gui..uh love..

That's the only thing we can hope to happen...or just completely quit being a Redskins fan...no more watching there games or anything...I'm so close to being completely done than once ownership changes maybe pay attention again..

Caps GM got the job by telling Ted he’s a horrible owner and to GFY. Ok he didn’t say the second part but he did say he was a terrible owner. 

Image result for burn it all down gif

Seriously, I am normally a let it play out type of a guy, but at this point, its over. The season. The coaches tenure. The current iteration of this team. 

Probably won't fire Bruce, but should. Have Kyle Smith act in his stead. 

Fire Gruden, let O'Connell have a shot.

Fire Manusky, give it to Tomsula, or even Ryan, it couldn't get worse. 

Hiring will be hard for some of these positions. Best hopes are some of these in-house guys stepping and succeeding (O'Connell and Smith). And you need to give them time to see what they can do. 13 games should be a good barometer. 

Going to need to see Haskins sooner rather than later. We are on our way to a top 5 pick, need to know if it needs to be a tackle or a QB...

I would be happy to hear there's a meeting at Redskins headquarters today and the result of that meeting shows Jay and Greg the door.

This season will equal Jay's first year, when he went 4-12. We could possibly have a franchise record if 14 or more losses.

Since we are going suck, let's do it without Jay & Greg. 

Archived