Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raiders suspending Antonio Brown

Spaceman Spiff

I read that he included one of his lawyers, in the group text that was described as intimidating towards the accuser.  Apparently his lawyers only comment about the stuff that came out today was something like "We did not advise Mr. Brown to communicate with the accuser".  Which I read as lawyer speak for... "We told him not to do this, and he did it anyway".  But now, at some point in the future when AB is testifying, he does not have to admit that he was warned that his behavior might be illegal before he sent the text.

I would have loved to see the look on that lawyers face when he/she received the group text that included the accuser.  Had to be one of those "I'm getting too old for this" moments.  I can picture the lawyer laying in bed, about to fall asleep, then hearing the text alert... Squinting at the screen before his eyes go wide... "Are you f****** kidding me?"

I recognize that the Patriots run a really tight ship and don't take any crap.  It's a big reason they've been so good for so long.  

But a very small part of me wonders if Kraft wanted to cut AB because he wanted to virtue signal after the whole Tug Gate thing.  I wonder if Kraft didn't get a handy from some seedy massage parlor if he'd be so concerned with AB's image and how it reflected on the Patriots.

Ultimately I feel that they'd have cut him regardless of Tug Gate or not but I'm wondering if that idea ever entered Kraft's mind if he was sitting on the fence about what to do here.

I see AB went back to school at Central Michigan University... My guess is he wants to study contract law.  😉

That is where I went to grad school to become a psychologist.  Even treated some students on campus for a while.  I graduated before AB was a student there.  But I can't help to think what it would be like to be a student in training, then have AB show up to a session.  Kind of an "oh ****, I'm supposed to fix this!" Moment.

Would be good times, going through his texts line by line to help him understand why some things he said "May be considered inappropriate" then talking about alternative, healthy, ways to express his thoughts and feelings.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Agent Drew Rosenhaus conditionally terminated his relationship with Antonio Brown until the free-agent wide receiver seeks counseling, an NFL Players Association source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Rosenhaus wrote in the letter that the NFLPA received Thursday that he would like to work with Brown, but not until he first gets help.

Additionally, attorney Darren Heitner has removed himself as counsel for Brown in a lawsuit filed in 2018 that alleges Brown caused damages to a rented condominium, per an order granting motion to withdraw filed in Miami-Dade County. The court allowed Heitner to withdraw as counsel on the landlord/tenant case that he handled until this week.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28496941/source-antonio-brown-agent-conditionally-terminates-relationship

You know it's bad when even your lawyer breaks up with you. 

4 hours ago, Hooper said:

Dude needs help or a beating. 

Maybe both.

SAD.

He'll be dead in  year and they will find CTE messed up his brain.   The guy is beyond help.  He is on a path of destruction that will see him eventually dead.  Sorry, but that's the truth.  I don't think he even realizes he's mentally ill. 

I wonder why is it that the most nutty players who cause problems, are usually WRs or CBs?

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He'll be dead in  year and they will find CTE messed up his brain.   The guy is beyond help.  He is on a path of destruction that will see him eventually dead.  Sorry, but that's the truth.  I don't think he even realizes he's mentally ill. 

I wonder why is it that the most nutty players who cause problems, are usually WRs or CBs?

Putting aside the CTE stuff, I think wideouts (less so CBs) are just glamour positions that cater to the already-inflated ego of a professional athlete, as many RBs seem to be unable to avoid a little bit of trouble.  But this isn't about "eccentric" stuff or inappropriate behavior but criminal or violent or self-destructive stuff that could be a combination of the glamour and praise, the hits to the head that offensive players often take catching passes or running down the middle, and that the people who man those positions tend to score the lowest (as a group) on wonderlic tests (intelligence linked to a number of outcomes in life, including even 'clumsiness.')  

On 1/17/2020 at 1:37 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

I think a lot of people assume that he's having a mental health crisis.  My question is why is this man allowed to be around children? 

The documents allege that Brown later forced his way into the driver's side of the main cabin of the truck and began to physically strike the driver after a disagreement over payment escalated. Brown was then restrained by his associates.

The court documents obtained by TMZ state that the moving company was hired by Brown to deliver belongings the receiver had stored in California to his home in Hollywood, Florida.

Brown, 31, allegedly refused to pay the $4,000 fee, which initially led the driver to attempt to leave with the property in his truck. The driver said that is when, according to the documents, Brown threw the rock, denting and causing paint damage to the driver's side of the vehicle. The driver then called police to report the damage.

Later, the documents say, the moving company told the driver to drop off the goods because Brown agreed to pay the fee plus damages he caused. Upon arrival, however, Brown paid the $4,000 fee but refused to pay more.

Another argument ensued, and that's when, the driver says, Brown assaulted him, and Holt attempted to grab his keys from the ignition to open the truck and get Brown's belongings, causing cuts and scratches on the driver.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28541219/arrest-warrant-issued-antonio-brown-florida-battery-case

• 5 months later...

Archived