Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awesome Problem ; How do you say we split the carries ?

Malapropismic Depository

57 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

How can you say Guice was struggling?

He has 3 carries his 1st drive and 7 the rest of the game. You might want to give the man the ball some more. If anything the offensive line was struggling. Peterson would've hit the same wall today. Neither are great backs by the way. Peterson was a great back and Guice needs to prove he can play in this league. Either way I'm team Guice and everyone will see why that is as the year goes on. That's if Jay feeds him a little more.  

Maybe because he average 1.8 yards per carry, longest run was 5 yards, team rushed for 28 yards, 31 of those in the first half, yep your math is correct that would mean -3 in the second half and he was a non factor. Not saying that its all on him but dim dare is just the facts.

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

He sounds a bit disrespectful about it too.  I think AP has earned a little coach-speak to not talk about him like that.  

I feel bad for AP.  He only has a few productive years left, and Gruden is content to let him languish in street clothes.  

Almost seems like out of pettiness if those rumors he wanted to cut him are true.  Like "well, if I cant cut him, I'm just not gonna play him."

I agree.  Gruden hates to be questioned.  He’s being an A-hole about and to AP.

51 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Continuing from where the tweet cuts off:

Then Gruden added: "If we have a game where we think we can run the ball 55 times in I-formation then sure I'll get him up." Gruden said Peterson's status would be determined week to week, but the desire to bolster special teams was key to keeping Peterson inactive.

Wow, Jay, who poured gasoline in your Wheaties?

3 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

How can you say Guice was struggling?

He has 3 carries his 1st drive and 7 the rest of the game. You might want to give the man the ball some more. If anything the offensive line was struggling. Peterson would've hit the same wall today. Neither are great backs by the way. Peterson was a great back and Guice needs to prove he can play in this league. Either way I'm team Guice and everyone will see why that is as the year goes on. That's if Jay feeds him a little more.  

He was struggling according to all the stats. But I'm okay with giving more balls to Guice.

We can disagree on whether AP should have been in the game, or in the next game(s) but I think we agree that we need to hand the ball off more than 10 times (not counting CT)

This says it all.

Pederson's post-game quote is just astonishingly a revelation in the commitment to the run, AND the confidence Pederson conveyed in his last comment...

"We just stuck to our game plan. I kept calling run plays, because I knew our run game was going to take over"

This is a guy who was down 17-0, and 20-7 at the half....but this is the coach who stuck to his running game, Interesting, isn't it.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

He was struggling according to all the stats. But I'm okay with giving more balls to Guice.

We can disagree on whether AP should have been in the game, or in the next game(s) but I think we agree that we need to hand the ball off more than 10 times (not counting CT)

This says it all.

Pederson's post-game quote is just astonishingly a revelation in the commitment to the run, AND the confidence Pederson conveyed in his last comment...

"We just stuck to our game plan. I kept calling run plays, because I knew our run game was going to take over"

This is a guy who was down 17-0, and 20-7 at the half....but this is the coach who stuck to his running game, Interesting, isn't it.

Yeah very interesting and sad at the same time. This is what we've seen from Jay for years. Problem is he won't change. So in other words we're pretty much screwed. 

Peterson is the best player on the team and he rushed for a 1,000+ yards last season and Jay didn't play him because he thinks Guice is the best 1st down back on the team?  Well, we all saw yesterday that Guice isn't nearly as good as Peterson.  Having Peterson in the line up may have changed to the outcome of the game.  The ridiculous decision, absolutely ridiculous.

Another thing, it is grossly unfair to Guice to bench Peterson like this because the comparison between Guice yesterday and our memory of Peterson carrying the ball is not good.  This was a really stupid decision.

Half the league is running a RB by committee system, but Jay Gruden doesn't dress a HOF RB, because he's over compensating for his lack of special teams coaching. Jay has a week to see that he handled this wrong. He has to step up his special teams coaching... and coaching overall. He is admitting that he has to take away one of our best players on game day, because he can't coach up 11 players to stay in their lanes on punt team, and he seems to think that this sounds "okay." Coach if your special teams is that bad, you focus on coaching that part of the team. You don't bench one of the greatest RBs of all time.

The backdrop of AD recently being named our 2018 MVP, the networks running highlights of Peterson's record breaking runs the last time we played in Philly, half the league using multiple workhorse RBs as a standard, the Rams using Todd Gurley AND Mack Brown yesterday, the Patriots using Michel, White and Burkhead last night, Dalvin Cook being interviewed and talking about the "RB committee in Minnesota as a whole wearing a team down" on the pregame show, all just make Jay Gruden's stubbornness to sit and tell us that "A RB a year removed from a major injury doesn't need a HOF spell. He can handle it on his own." that much more (confusing).

AP showed last season and his limited carries in preseason that the guy still has it.

You cannot tell me that as the team run into the tunnel at half time, that AP would not have been a perfect option to lean on heavily in the 2nd half. AP made this running game look worth a damn last season with virtually the same O-line that couldn't run block for Gruden's previous cast of characters....besides CT, but CT should not be used like that anyway.

It was just a flat out idiotic move by Gruden.

14 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That sounded like a clip from Mean Girls, something happened between those two, that smells ugly a mile away.

I'm convinced that FO screwed him over this season (I know he's been screwed over his whole contract here) So he's basically decided he's daring them to fire him, so he can pull an AB and go work with Johnny Boy.

11 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I'm convinced that FO screwed him over this season (I know he's been screwed over his whole contract here) So he's basically decided he's daring them to fire him, so he can pull an AB and go work with Johnny Boy.

He's been stealing money almost every season he's worked here, how did the FO screw him over by employing him as a HC for all these years and rewarding his mediocrity? If they're so bad, he can always resign and forfeit the remainder of his deal, he's guaranteed to get an OC job somewhere.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

A sprained knee is not awful.  Yes, he could miss a few games, but as long as the sprain is the extent of it, it isn't that surprising that he would sprain a knee that he was overly-favoring.  

Gruden actually called it a sore knee in his presser.

AP not playing deactivation issue is NOT about special teams.  Its much deeper than that for sure.  Maybe Gruden wants to be fired?  

The front office may have to step in now and put their foot down with the head coach.  We have a mediocre offensive line until Williams returns

so why start Guice when you have the Skins offensive player of the year in Peterson available to play?!!  Putting Guice in to start with a patchwork

offensive line is not helping him succeed in the long run at all.  The players know something else is going on today and Moses said something about it.

(Although it was not a good time for Moses with 3 penalties to talk to the press about anything.)  So once Gruden is let go maybe he will reveal the AP

mystery along with the past few years of drama filled incidents that never made sense too.

Archived