Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

They always looked bad, just like Dallas will, the team s winning isn’t about the QB, people get so hung up on these guys as if they’re rare finds, but almost all of them are replaceable. Jimmy G, 5-0, his contract will probably keep them from winning a Sb, he’s not very good, and they’re 5-0. New Orleans can’t lose with Brees on the bench. People are nuts.

Which QBs would you pay big if any aside from Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Dalton? 

More seriously, Atl should have traded Ryan, Brady ... I’ll not get into, Rivers should have been traded... what has he done for SD? The concept of team is lost easily, these teams all play well led by Kyle Allen, Bridgewater, *any of the 8 guys Pitt has played, Jacoby, Trubisky/Daniels/etc. 

Matt Stafford, doesn’t matter. He’s gifted, he’s not making up for the deficiencies his contract creates in a league of parity & massive injures. Paying these guys is ridiculous. I’d pay Watson & Mahomes... but to make someone the highest paid QB in the nfl, you take so much off of your 53 man roster, it’s just not worth it.

Flacco is a bum & always has been, just play QBs on rookie contracts & move them when some GM thinks they’re awesome. They’re all talented, but they’re all just guys who can only function as part of 53... lessen that 53 for the QB & you’re just following the herd. Why pay Kirk or Goff, what is wrong with people. They’re fine, for 10 million, they’re crippling, for 30 million.

Look at how many injuries we see every week, you just can’t toss 1/7th of your cap to a guy who isn’t able to do *more than any Xs & Os can. All of these coaches know the same things, it comes down to health, lines, special teams and depth. Eli was never good & Peyton won when he was no longer even average. Control the ball, control the clock, win games. Backs & WRs who can win one v one every time, like Thompson & Terry, are the guys who make a QB look good ...& almost every QB can get those guys the ball. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

More seriously, Atl should have traded Ryan, Brady ... I’ll not get into, Rivers should have been traded... what has he done for SD? The concept of team is lost easily, these teams all play well led by Kyle Allen, Bridgewater, *any of the 8 guys Pitt has played, Jacoby, Trubisky/Daniels/etc. 

Matt Stafford, doesn’t matter. He’s gifted, he’s not making up for the deficiencies his contract creates in a league of parity & massive injures. Paying these guys is ridiculous. I’d pay Watson & Mahomes... but to make someone the highest paid QB in the nfl, you take so much off of your 53 man roster, it’s just not worth it.

Flacco is a bum & always has been, just play QBs on rookie contracts & move them when some GM thinks they’re awesome. They’re all talented, but they’re all just guys who can only function as part of 53... lessen that 53 for the QB & you’re just following the herd. Why pay Kirk or Goff, what is wrong with people. They’re fine, for 10 million, they’re crippling, for 30 million.

Look at how many injuries we see every week, you just can’t toss 1/7th of your cap to a guy who isn’t able to do *more than any Xs & Os can. All of these coaches know the same things, it comes down to health, lines, special teams and depth. Eli was never good & Peyton won when he was no longer even average. Control the ball, control the clock, win games. Backs & WRs who can win one v one every time, like Thompson & Terry, are the guys who make a QB look good ...& almost every QB can get those guys the ball. 

In total agreement. These quarterback contracts are crippling. It's absolutely one of the most important positions on the field, but you need a competent guy who can execute a game plan who is good at diagnosing defenses. You don't NEED a stud there. You NEED a guy who is going to have some longevity at the position, stay healthy, have some skill and not cripple your cap.

Mahomes is tremendous. But if the rumors are true and he gets $200mil guaranteed that will weaken a Chiefs team that is already fairly weak on the defensive side of the ball and will take some of their weapons. 

I think you're going to see more NFL teams working through like college systems. Rookie contract and out unless you're a guy the team knows it can rely on.

Tom Brady is the exception to a lot of these things. He's not getting paid a ton for what he is. He's been there for 75 years. He checks every box you could want in a franchise QB. And he still has never demanded to be the highest paid QB in the league.

I could see paying Rodgers a hefty contract. Brees. Watson. But even then you have to be mindful of the team.

The Derek Carr's/Matt Stafford's/Matt Ryan's/Kirk Cousins' of the world you just can't afford to pay like that.

I'm curious if they would ever consider a separate QB cap for each team to save the teams from themselves.

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

OJ Howard sucks, low IQ move by the Redskins here. Scary what to think what they could give up for him... He's a classic "look like Tarzan, play like Jane" player

Not really sure where this Howard sucks thing is coming from. Any decent metric rates him fairly well. He's young, talented, and reasonably productive. It's also true Bruce Arians doesn't really use Tight ends. So I can understand why he might be available and he's actually a nice get, if you can do it for a reasonable price. And the Redskins could use a tight end. But...with no 2nd rounder, what are the Redskins realistically trading here? Unless Tampa sells him on the cheap, there's not a match here.

15 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Not really sure where this Howard sucks thing is coming from. Any decent metric rates him fairly well. He's young, talented, and reasonably productive. It's also true Bruce Arians doesn't really use Tight ends. So I can understand why he might be available and he's actually a nice get, if you can do it for a reasonable price. And the Redskins could use a tight end. But...with no 2nd rounder, what are the Redskins realistically trading here? Unless Tampa sells him on the cheap, there's not a match here.

Some rumors link Williams. But I haven’t seen any concrete rumors or a complete trade plan.

I assume it’s non sense based on the teams position with Williams. 

One thing Allen absolutely should not do is give up future assets. At 1-5 and playoff prospects nearly dead, the Redskins are in no position to deal away draft picks. 

The reality at Redskins Park might not be realized yet, but this is a team that needs a major rebuild. The Burgundy and Gold got their first win of the season on Sunday in Miami, and while there were some encouraging signs, don't confuse the victory with accomplishment. Miami was giving up 40 points-per-game and the Redskins scored just 17. Had Ryan Fitzpatrick completed a pass on a two-point conversion attempt in the final seconds of the game, the great Redskins meltdown of 2019 would be in full swing. Instead, the ball fell to the turf, and the Redskins squeaked out a win. 

Squeaking out wins over a hapless Dolphins team means very little when it comes to overall roster organization. And the harsh truth is Washington needs more talent or chances to get more talent in a bad way. 

...What about Ryan Kerrigan? Good teams can never have enough pass rushers, but it seems unlikely Washington would even consider moving him.

There is one big piece that Washington can dangle in trade conversations: Trent Williams. 

The seven-time Pro Bowler hasn't shown up in 2019 and it's painfully obvious to all parties that he's not coming back. 106.7 the Fan's Craig Hoffman reported that the Redskins won't move Williams this year, which seems crazy but believable given the absurdity of Williams' lengthy holdout and the Redskins insistence on thinking it will end.  

The time to trade Williams was months ago, and it's just grandstanding to continue bashing the team for something that is so obvious. Still, trade Williams now. Get draft pick compensation or player compensation, whatever works, but get it done.

There are internet rumors that Tampa might be looking to move young tight end O.J. Howard and Washington could be interested. If it's a straight player swap, that is worth considering. Howard has up to two years remaining on his rookie deal, and the Redskins options at tight end are in bad shape. Jordan Reed is on the injured reserve list and there are real questions about him never playing again. Vernon Davis is 35 and in the last year of his contract. Howard would be a talent upgrade and he's an Alabama alum. The Redskins love 'Bama guys. 

The Williams/Howard rumor could be pure nonsense too. Allen has been very clear he has no plans to trade Williams, repeatedly, and so far has stuck to his word. Allen even said last week that there has been "no dialogue" with any other team. 

Last season the Redskins bought at the trade deadline, bringing in Ha Ha Clinton-Dix for what the organization thought would be a late-season playoff run. Washington sent Green Bay a fourth-round pick for Clinton-Dix, and the price ended up being too high. Clinton-Dix was barely, if at all, an upgrade over

Montae Nicholson and for most of his time in Washington he seemed focused on his pending free agency. 

What that trade did prove was Allen is willing to wheel and deal at the trade deadline. He should do the same this year but in the opposite direction.

Sell. Don't buy. 

This pissing match with Bruce and Trent is getting tired. A real GM would've moved him a long time ago, especially since this 1-5 team is so garbage and we need draft capital. Yet Bruce and Dan think this team is close and the culture is damn good. 

We are never digging out from this nightmare, never

2 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

This pissing match with Bruce and Trent is getting tired. A real GM would've moved him a long time ago, especially since this 1-5 team is so garbage and we need draft capital. Yet Bruce and Dan think this team is close and the culture is damn good. 

We are never digging out from this nightmare, never

Worse, we don't even know if it's a pissing match because we haven't seen anything from Trent's side at all.

Bruce is just one-upping (one-downing?) himself.

17 hours ago, volsmet said:

There are maybe 5 QBs that are worth it.

To your point of the last super bowl winners...Other than Flacco, Eli, Old Manning, Old Brady...

Young Russell WIlson wasn't the superstar he is today. They rode the defense and running game. 

Ben's first, he was a manager and competitor. 

Foles. 

Rodgers and Brees won, but they are top 5 of the generation. 

You can't even put Brady in that category because unlike Rodgers and Brees, he's only making like 15 a year?!

Probably go and ahead and draft a QB every few years. Move on from them before you have to pay them 30 million. Imagine what we could have on this team without Alex Smith's contract. Never forget, Case Keenum was in a NFLCG, with the right pieces around him. Goes to show the difference.

better be for their first. You gonna delay this this long, anything less than a First and change is criminal. 

so it’ll be for a third. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nothing the Browns have interests me, including a first rounder if Williams is in that roster. They will win some games. 

But it’s better than sitting on Trent. So if this is it, let it be it. :ols:

I literally just looked over their roster. There is nothing theyll trade that I want. There are a dozen other teams I’d rather deal with 

9 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

better be for their first. You gonna delay this this long, anything less than a First and change is criminal. 

so it’ll be for a third. 

I literally just looked over their roster. There is nothing theyll trade that I want. There are a dozen other teams I’d rather deal with 

I mean I’ll take Myles Garrett. No problem. But beyond him... :ols:

But if Bruce pulls that off I’ll think about hugging the man if I see him.

21 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

@Skinsinparadise Damnit, SIP, why do I even bother? :ols: 

LOL, bad luck on your end.  I was watching the playoff game without checking twitter for more than a hour plus so that's a lot of time for me away from my twitter addiction.  😀

I really hope they get a deal done before the trade deadline.  I just don't think they'd get as much in the off season.    And I'd hope for at least a first rounder. 

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nothing the Browns have interests me, including a first rounder if Williams is in that roster. They will win some games. 

I'd take a first rounder but would want more.  I bet the first rounder ends up in the middle part of the first or close enough.   Right now its the 7th pick in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But if Bruce pulls that off I’ll think about hugging the man if I see him.

Me too.  In spite what some think, I happily praise Bruce when he does something I like.   Trading Trent to me is a big deal if they get a first in that mix.  

2 minutes ago, carex said:

how would you feel about a Williams trade if it wasn't for a first but was for multiple picks, like a second, third this year and another second ext year

Maybe.  I'd prefer a first.  I don't think its crazy to get a first and change for Trent.  I've been in the camp that Trent should bring at least a first and most likely a first and change.   Most national reporters checking around with their sources said they feel it's a first and more.  

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Much rather trade with the Browns compared to the Patriots. Browns aren't making the playoffs. 

Archived