Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

24 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Reports are that Skins have been unwilling to even engage in trade talks. Not sure how accurate, but this situation reminds me of when Cousins asked for a trade, but Snyder refused. 

After we were penalized with the salary cap hit, reports are that Bruce Allen stood up at a NFL Owners meeting and loudly admonished all the other owners for what they’d done. IMO he did this because 1) he believed it, but 2) he knew it would engender tremendous loyalty from Snyder, which has proven to be true. 

Allen calls a lot of the shots, but on big decisions (Cousins 2016 extension, Cousins trade, TW trade) he knows to defer to Dan. That’s how he keeps his job.

Snyder called Laveranues Coules personally and admonished him when he requested a trade. He hates disloyalty and takes it personally.  This TW situation seems utterly in character for the Danno. 

Again,,there is time on the clock. IF someone offered a couple of 1st's...it WOULD have been leaked and Bruce would be a fool. But that hasn't happened..the market has strengthened/grown for Trent not diminished and the supply has not grown for a LT. There is plenty of logic to wait for the deadline. If there is no 1st in the offers..wait till off season is not a bad approach

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

One cannot make an offer to someone that won’t accept one.  

Show me the trade offer sheets of any deal ever.  I’ll wait.

Leaks happen all the time....it was leaked that NE supposedly offered their 1st..where is the leak that the Texan's offered two 1sts for Trent....That is big news...BTW the Texans Tunsil went down to injury pretty quickly..

IF Bruce turned down that high of draft package..he deserves all the criticism. I don't trash people for rumors...even Bruce

13 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Put it up here then.....exactly. Show us the Texan's offer to Bruce for Trent. It doesn't exist..all conjecture

The past trades of players and the fact that we know that Dan Snyder is a buffoon and Bruce is his Sock Puppet is all you need to know. Mack got 2 firsts from the Bears, what kind of player actually stops Mack? TW maybe?

Our clowns are putting out that they aren't listening to trades but that doesn't mean there is no value.

Tunsil, straight up average at best gets 2 firsts from the Texans yet I must provide documentation to prove that known idiots are continuing their history of doing idiotic things.

Ok buddy:

Journey-Dont-Stop-Believin.jpg

24 minutes ago, drowland said:

If the Patriots are looking for a veteran TE we should offer up Vernon (once healthy).  If it's a 6th rd pick so be it.  Same with Keenum and Vikings.  Time to sell.

No time for rebuilding moves.    We can still go 7-9. It's not over. 

Actually seriously maybe them falling apart gets Dan's head out of the sand.  I know some want to say this time he has been rebuilding -- to me that's BS.  In Redskins terms relatively speaking they are rebuilding -- but not in real NFL terms.  This team actually has one of the top half oldest rosters in the league.  Yes, we have some nice young building blocks.  Yes, they've drafted better.   But a real rebuild is about also trading veterans for picks among other things.  The Dolphins are showing an extreme version of it.  But there have been plenty of teams see Browns among others who have gone full bore rebuild.  This team under Dan has never done it. 

Wonder what Dan's breaking point is before he realizes he's got an issue with fans?

I'm not saying the Skins should go full Dolphins about it.  I wouldn't move any of the young guys still on rookie deals unless blown away with an offer.  Just the veteran guys who likely aren't in any longterm plan.  Trent should have been traded and if they can get a 1st or even two 2nds they should move him now.  Vernon, Case, Norman should be shopped.  I probably wouldn't shop Kerrigan, but if a team comes with a strong offer then they should consider moving on.  I guess AP as well, but I don't think any team wants him.  

18 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I would not mind trying to land RB Damien Harris from Patriots for a Trent package deal. Harris can solve our RB conundrum next year and take some pressure off of Dwyane. Harris and Bryce Love would be excellent and then invest heavily in the OT position in the draft.

Think we have more pressing needs than RB to be honest. Guice if he's ever healthy, has heaps of potential. Bryce Love to come in next season too etc. Would much rather we picked up a top tier WR or TE if we are trading for players. An Ertz type TE would be huge for us to open the game up as our TEs are awful. Vernon has his moments but he ain't getting younger, Reed is made of glass and Sprinkle is yet to do much of anything (although to be fair he is looking a bit better this season).

58 minutes ago, drowland said:

I'm not saying the Skins should go full Dolphins

Dolphins intentionally tanking vs Dan & Bruce’s best and there’s serious questions about which team is worse.

Scotty Mac when his drinking is affecting his job performance vs lucid Bruce Allen... no question which is worse.

If Williams returned this season, to this mess, what would it matter, anyway? Maybe it would help Washington beat the Miami Dolphins next week, in a game of two teams failing in different ways. The Dolphins are awful on purpose, and whether that plan is sound or not, it is a plan. Washington has none, and the time for that to change is now. This season is over, and the next 11 weeks should be used to make next season something other than a humiliation, something other than the only thing Washington has consistently been under Snyder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/awful-on-field-and-directionless-off-its-time-for-redskins-to-face-a-hard-reality/2019/10/06/ff1b8614-e85d-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

7 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

I would not mind trying to land RB Damien Harris from Patriots for a Trent package deal. Harris can solve our RB conundrum next year and take some pressure off of Dwyane. Harris and Bryce Love would be excellent and then invest heavily in the OT position in the draft.

Not sure where your head is with this comment? So you're writing off DGuice? RB is the last position we need to address....I agree with the last part of your post but trading for a RB isn't where my priorities would be....

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Dolphins intentionally tanking vs Dan & Bruce’s best and there’s serious questions about which team is worse.

We'll have them 23-6 at the half then Rosen will bring them back in the 2nd half to win it.

With or without Gruden coaching.

0-5 and we aren't even taking calls on Trent. So ****ing stupid

1 hour ago, carex said:

I think what happened with Arizona was ridiculous and hope the Skins don't end up doing that

If Murray ends up being a stud and Rosen ends up being a dud, do you still think it's "ridiculous"? That's what the Cardinals think, and we'll have to wait to find out if they're right.

I want Haskins to be the real deal too. I really like his potential. But if a new, qualified GM and HC come in and we actually have the #1 pick, all options have to be looked at. It wouldn't be ridiculous at all to consider all possibilities. Another possibility would be trading that 1.01 for an absolute haul to rebuild the roster around Haskins, and that could be the winning move too. But to say right now what you did, is imo way more "ridiculous".

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Not sure where your head is with this comment? So you're writing off DGuice? RB is the last position we need to address....I agree with the last part of your post but trading for a RB isn't where my priorities would be....

In reference to the post you were replying to: Damien Harris is a JAG. Period. Behind our line he'd be horrific. We have two vastly superior backs in Guice and Bryce Love. I have no idea why anyone would want Harris as a part of a deal w/New England. Regardless, NE brought him in as a potential replacement for Michel whose disappointed. They aren't moving Harris. Doesn't matter though, he's not anything more than a hard work plodder. You could've got Hyde for free off the waiver wire a short time ago. I just don't understand why anyone would be interested in Harris. 

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder what Dan's breaking point is before he realizes he's got an issue with fans?

Well considering he hasn't figured it out yet.  I'm not sure he ever will. I guess he's happy with making money either way. This is pretty much just another home game for 31 other teams in the NFL now. 

4 hours ago, volsmet said:

KC needs Trent, they traded a first for Clark, so we will have to take their 2nd and Mahomes.

Could you imagine

Mahomes would cry after a day with this organization. 

18 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

I'm with you on the RB thing. In as much as it isn't "the last place we need to address" like everyone else seems to think. We have zero bell cow backs on this roster. Guice has been here for two years, and has been out of commission for two years. It's strange to see how fans always think "next year will be different".  We can't hang our hats on AP for much longer. Bryce Love? Coming off the injury, anything from him would be icing but not the cake.  We have zero, reliable, lead backs on this roster to build around.

10 hours ago, volsmet said:

Imagine a team with a GM that believed Trent Williams was the difference between his team being a contender & the worst team in nfl history.

75C0AFA4-9FEC-4BEE-8E97-34374D1A4C42.gif

Funniest part of it is...Donald Penn has been more than serviceable. 

Archived