Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

How many #1s does Clev have over the next 20 years? We’ll take them.

 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

ESers told me that Houston wasn’t interested in Trent, perhaps Peter needs to read the ES before running his mouth.

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, carex said:

 

and if they trade him at the start of the league year they'll know what draft pick or picks they're getting,  If he sits out his salary will be pushed back to next year which would probably make him a decent deal as tackles go

Oh goody now we know what 2d or 3rd round pick were getting instead of not knowing what 2 firsts we would have gotten.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

This is beyond stupid.  The Skins should trade Williams for the best pick available and actually do some winning off the field.

 

Or..

 

Just as a thought...

 

We can cut off our nose to spite our face? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot vent enough times at what a total buffoon Bruce is.

 

Imagine if a GM was planning to pull the strings on a significant trade offer for Trent. 1st and a 3rd - from a cellar dweller thinking they are all bad ass this year. Jacksonville. 

 

And their GM hears the dufus backed into a corner yesterday, telling the GM world to not bother with ANY offers.  He was trying to look like a badass and came off as more incompetent than ever. 

 

By the way Bruce, it's #DanCulture.  Not Damn good culture.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I am a team in need of a LT, I am going Bulaga in the off season then giving up a first for Trent.    Trent is better but you give up nothing to get Bulaga.  Plus i still think this is going to be a good draft for O line-tackle. 

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still kind of holding out hope that BA gets canned at season end, we get a competent GM in here who cleans house and let him decide what to do about Trent.  After having a year off, he's at least going to be healthy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 4:33 PM, carex said:

 

and if they trade him at the start of the league year they'll know what draft pick or picks they're getting,  If he sits out his salary will be pushed back to next year which would probably make him a decent deal as tackles go

 

Someone on twitter said something similar...Trent holds out the entire year, Skins trade him with 2 yrs still left on his contract and low guarantees for the new team. Teams trading for him won’t give a damn that he’s a year older, OLinemen play well in their mid-30s and he has never had a bad year to consider. He will have less wear and tear than if he played this year, and teams that think they are SB contenders probably won’t draft high enough to grab the top LT(s). They could trade up but would just end up using draft picks anyway to do so. Plus no guarantee a rookie LT performs anywhere close to how Williams would for them. 

 

Not getting all the rage.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s pretty clear Scherff has no interest in being a Skin either.  Bruce will have to franchIse him. 

 

I’m also starting to wonder how many of our good players have been truly hurt or just don’t want to risk further injury while playing for the Skins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

 

Someone on twitter said something similar...Trent holds out the entire year, Skins trade him with 2 yrs still left on his contract and low guarantees for the new team. Teams trading for him won’t give a damn that he’s a year older, OLinemen play well in their mid-30s and he has never had a bad year to consider. He will have less wear and tear than if he played this year, and teams that think they are SB contenders probably won’t draft high enough to grab the top LT(s). They could trade up but would just end up using draft picks anyway to do so. Plus no guarantee a rookie LT performs anywhere close to how Williams would for them. 

 

Not getting all all the rage.

Not surprised by that take at all.

 

So, teams are going to willingly throw out higher draft picks for 2 years of a guy who hasnt played in 2 years?  Thats an insane stance.  Once Williams sits out a full year, Teams are going to be aware hes not ready to play, as it will be 22 months between games.  You and Brucey are the only ones who actually think we have a good culture.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Not surprised by that take at all.

 

So, teams are going to willingly throw out higher draft picks for 2 years of a guy who hasnt played in 2 years?  Thats an insane stance.  Once Williams sits out a full year, Teams are going to be aware hes not ready to play, as it will be 22 months between games.  You and Brucey are the only ones who actually think we have a good culture.

 

so a guy who gets injured in a mini camp or preseason should just be dropped?  Cause all of them end up in that same huge gap that you think is such a deal breaker

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, evmiii said:

Callahan was his Oline Coach; maybe he can be the Trent whisperer.  New 'interim' head coach wants to make a statement; this would be a great start.

 

The team is 0-5 and has no direction. Why would he come back for Callahan. Callahan was apart of the team when Gruden was here. Only reason Trent would come back is to get that year credit that he needs. 

59 minutes ago, Hooper said:

It’s pretty clear Scherff has no interest in being a Skin either.  Bruce will have to franchIse him. 

 

I’m also starting to wonder how many of our good players have been truly hurt or just don’t want to risk further injury while playing for the Skins. 

 

Based on what?

 

Scherff has not been playing that good anyway. So not sure what his demands are, but he hasn't helped his price with his play. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Not surprised by that take at all.

 

So, teams are going to willingly throw out higher draft picks for 2 years of a guy who hasnt played in 2 years?  Thats an insane stance.  Once Williams sits out a full year, Teams are going to be aware hes not ready to play, as it will be 22 months between games.  You and Brucey are the only ones who actually think we have a good culture.

 

What do you think OTAs, minicamp, training camp, and preseason games are for? lol...

 

Not to mention, there's a great chance he's not ready to play NOW, and throwing a player with injury issues into the OLine in mid-season without months of training and practice could be a rather quick way of seeing him injured yet again. Even if he doesn't get injured teams would still be wasting half of their contract with him just getting him acclimated to his new team, new teammates, new blocking schemes, new QB to get used to. Far better to get 2 years with Trent starting fresh and having an entire offseason to get back into shape than get just 1 year of Trent rehabbing from yet another injury suffered trying to get back into shape on the fly in games with live hitting.

 

And you shouldn't be surprised by my take...it makes sense and everything I write always does lol 😎

 

EDIT: and what's with the asinine jab about me agreeing with Bruce about culture? What other post of mine did you abso-freaking-lutely botch the meaning of in that rush to judgment you're so fond of?

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

 

Someone on twitter said something similar...Trent holds out the entire year, Skins trade him with 2 yrs still left on his contract and low guarantees for the new team. Teams trading for him won’t give a damn that he’s a year older, OLinemen play well in their mid-30s and he has never had a bad year to consider. He will have less wear and tear than if he played this year, and teams that think they are SB contenders probably won’t draft high enough to grab the top LT(s). They could trade up but would just end up using draft picks anyway to do so. Plus no guarantee a rookie LT performs anywhere close to how Williams would for them. 

 

Not getting all the rage.

 

I get this point of view. Wait to trade him until you know what you're getting.

 

The other point of view, though, is the distraction Williams has caused since day 1. He has put a spotlight on this organization's failures (so I guess I'm grateful Allen hasn't traded him afterall). 

 

In the end, if Allen gets a decent first and some peripheral choices, then this situation played out "okay". Went on too long, and caused a major distraction but got a decent asset.

 

If he gets a third rounder for him, this will be another shining moment on Allen's record.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

 

I get this point of view. Wait to trade him until you know what you're getting.

 

The other point of view, though, is the distraction Williams has caused since day 1. He has put a spotlight on this organization's failures (so I guess I'm grateful Allen hasn't traded him afterall). 

 

In the end, if Allen gets a decent first and some peripheral choices, then this situation played out "okay". Went on too long, and caused a major distraction but got a decent asset.

 

If he gets a third rounder for him, this will be another shining moment on Allen's record.

 

I'd add that the market turns from nothing to pretty wide.   Also we got teams in the playoff hunt now, then no desperation on that front.   If you don't want one of the potentially stud LTs in the draft which would be weird considering not only do you get someone who can potentially play for the next 12 years but also get the dude on the cheap which would help the cap but  then you got FA tap into, too.  I'd take a guy like Bulaga in FA giving up nothing over Trent any day of the week. 

 

Bruce isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to trades, he's right up there with Vinny as to the number of bad deals.  So IMO there is nothing about Bruce's instincts we should trust.  If it looks bad it probably is bad.   That's his track record.

 

Knowing his style, I would bet that he wouldn't even argue that they'd get the same in trade compensation in the off season.  I think his point would be yeah we'd probaby get less but we'd also make a point to Trent and any future hold out....

 

 

 

Bruce is probably right but I think Trent returns in week 10!  Yay!  

 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/09/trent-williamss-holdout-heads-into-sixth-week-with-little-hope-quick-ending/

One person with knowledge of the situation said Allen is responsible for managing the team’s response to Williams’s holdout and that he has convinced owner Daniel Snyder to let Williams miss enough paychecks that he will eventually return. The same person said Allen has refused to consider trading Williams, believing the team’s top offensive player will eventually return.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I am a team in need of a LT, I am going Bulaga in the off season then giving up a first for Trent.    Trent is better but you give up nothing to get Bulaga.  Plus i still think this is going to be a good draft for O line-tackle. 

 

 

 

 

And if Green Bay puts the franchise or transition tag on him?  Combined with the fact the rules for next year mean his salary can only be raised by 30%

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...