Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

11 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Some of us remember when Cleveland was the dumpster fire. 

I mean, it still is. Just a much smaller dumpster.

Some of us remember when Jennifer Garner tried to play a cousin of ours in the movie draft day, what a time to be alive, I hope Trent is headed to Cleveland.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The third point from Russell is nauseating to me.  So hopefully he's wrong.  That's not to pick on Tomlin its that trading high picks for any coach save a Belichick type is crazy IMO. 

I saw several tweets you shared full of Trent will return hopium.

48 minutes ago, a0tmike21 said:

So far they are saying Njoku, a first round pick, and another player.  I'm hoping Denzel Ward, we could get a CB, TE and then high first round pick... that's not terrible.

They wouldn’t give us Ward for Trent, our first, & a lap dance from Cali.

46 minutes ago, carex said:

I looked it up, isn't Njoku on IR too, I saw a wrist injury report

I hope our FO is competent enough to get Drew Forbes headed our way if a deal is completed.

43 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Elite LTs are ridiculously valuable, even older ones. The Tunsil trade should've affirmed this reality even though he's younger because he's not on Trent's level.

Malarkey. I was told, right here on the ES, that we’d be lucky to get a 3rd for Trent.

Take it for what's it worth, but I just spoke with a buddy of mine who's a Browns fan who has some insider connections.  Said he was told Dorsey and Bruce have spoken twice this week so far and the Browns are not interested in giving up a 1st unless a bigger deal is in play.  I assume that means the Browns would want picks in return or possibly another player plus whatever else they'd put up.  

Reports: Browns Linked to bad idea, Trading for Trent Williams

There are reports that the Cleveland Browns are in talks to potentially trade for Trent Williams of the Washington Redskins. Williams has outright refused to play for the Redskins due to how he was treated for an issue by their medical staff, sitting idle this entire season.

There have been reports of at least the New England Patriots approaching this notion earlier in the year, which said the Patriots allegedly offered a first round pick for the stud offensive tackle. The Patriots denied the report and there has been no movement since.

The biggest question with this situation is whether or not Redskins owner Daniel Snyder is willing to move on from Williams or if he'd rather force him to sit out as a message to anyone else that plays for him that they can't force their way out from this organization.

In essence, that means that any potential trade partner is effectively bidding against themselves to meet a price high enough where Snyder is willing to go ahead and move Williams or hoping to catch Snyder at a point where he admits defeat and takes much less in return for him, opting to get something rather than nothing.

Hopeful fans are hoping for the latter, but Snyder has been stubborn since he bought the franchise and stuck by his guns to the bitter end on some terrible decisions in the past.

The problem from the Browns standpoint in addition to what they'd possibly have to give up to get Williams is what this means. It represents chasing a player in a desperate move due to poor planning headed into the season. It also likely means paying a premium to make a move that could've been made months ago.

Last, but certainly not least is the fact no one knows what type of shape Williams is in at this point. He hasn't been doing anything football related other than possibly staying fit in case of a trade. 

[...]It just doesn't make sense. And there are a number of reports that suggest there's no truth to this rumor.

And assuming the Redskins were contacted, this could've been just to see if Williams was even a possibility and if so, at what price. That would be harmless. In the event they do become serious, it adds a tinge of desperation to a season that doesn't require it, because this team has always been a year away this year. For a team with a short window trying to win right now, pushing for Trent Williams makes sense. The Patriots, for example, would make sense. The Browns simply don't.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/reports-cleveland-browns-linked-to-really-bad-idea-trading-for-trent-williams/

Archived