Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

On 1/31/2020 at 4:20 PM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

No way Reed should be on an NFL roster in 2020. The guys head is ****ed. He needs to stay healthy away from football.

100% agree - what good is a TE that can't go over the middle?  I like Reed and want him to have a great life after football... which means hanging it up before he has another head injury...

On 2/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm not sure about about a first round pick but please trade him.  Like he said, the bridge has been burned and I'd rather start fresh.  He's not worth it (imo).

3 minutes ago, owa said:

I'm not sure about about a first round pick but please trade him.  Like he said, the bridge has been burned and I'd rather start fresh.  He's not worth it (imo).

I think the bridge was burned to the old regime.  There is pretty much nothing of that left.  He might be open to playing for Rivera who is well respected and they have brought in a couple of really good (apparently) medical guys.  Depends on what he wants to return to me.

I do find it odd that Rivera still hasn't reached out to Trent.  That would have been among one of the very first things I'd do in his position.  It's been over a month... I wonder how Trent feels about that.

10 minutes ago, owa said:

I agree that he's not worth it if you mean he's not worth passing up a 1st (or even 2nd) round pick.  Otherwise, I think it's worth it to hang on to him.

I'd consider double-dipping if you end up having to trade Trent. Mainly because you have to replace a guy who is really irreplaceable. I just played around with FanSpeak. I think we get a 2nd, but maybe we get offered multiple 3's for example, from New England. If you took that trade, then I am using 3.2 and another 3-5 pick on an OT. Because you'll need to replace Trent, and then you'll need to eventually groom someone to replace Moses.

Of course you could use next year's 1st to replace one of the Tackles, but given you'll want to protect Haskins I am going all-in on the OL. In this mock example I hit Lucas Niang, OT from TCU at 3.2 and then hit Lloyd Cushenberry and Saadiq Charles from LSU in 3rd/4th.

Might take some lumps in 2020 but the OL would be super young and have quite a bit of upside. Niang, Charles, Christian and MOses at OT and Cushenberry, Piershbacher, Roullier, Scherff and Martin at IOL (maybe Flowers too).

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I do find it odd that Rivera still hasn't reached out to Trent.  That would have been among one of the very first things I'd do in his position.  It's been over a month... I wonder how Trent feels about that.

From his interview this week at the Super Bowl I believe Rivera said they've been holding off on all roster evals untul 2/10 and at that point they're discussing the entire roster and next steps.  That could be why there's been no movement on TW just yet.  Plus he's under contract so..

4 minutes ago, redskns21 said:

From his interview this week at the Super Bowl I believe Rivera said they've been holding off on all roster evals untul 2/10 and at that point they're discussing the entire roster and next steps.  That could be why there's been no movement on TW just yet.  Plus he's under contract so..

Right, I get that. But you’d think this would be classified as an extenuating circumstance and he’d be on the phone with Trent ASAP if he badly wanted him back playing for the Redskins. 

At the beginning of the season I wanted him gone.  I wouldn’t give him any kind of big money top dollar deal to stay. If he wants to stay at a reasonable rate (his current 13mil) for two additional years I’m cool with that. If there is any kind of push back in regards to his feelings about the team or his behavior in the locker room then move on. If he’s not bought into the new Redskins way then move on. 

The “no movement” is probably because

1. He’s under contract. 2. We don’t have to do anything. If he wants to hold out than we move on. I wouldn’t rush to give him what he wants at all. He’s under contract till next March. 

Plus, we waited this long we might as well see what teams are willing to offer come March before deciding what to do with him either then or in April come the draft. 

36 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

The “no movement” is probably because

1. He’s under contract. 2. We don’t have to do anything. If he wants to hold out than we move on. I wouldn’t rush to give him what he wants at all. He’s under contract till next March. 

Plus, we waited this long we might as well see what teams are willing to offer come March before deciding what to do with him either then or in April come the draft. 

I'm not saying we should do anything yet.  Just that it can't hurt to hop on a call, hear him out and show him you care.  It's a relationship business.  The little things matter.

@HTTRDynasty 

Do we know for sure we haven’t called him? Maybe Ron gave him a call and said hey, you won’t hear from me till Feb once we start to review.. Sit tight..? Idk, maybe it’s been reported otherwise.. Either way I think we have played it well since Ron. He was hired and clearly sent an olive branch via the media that we’d be open to talk it through with him and we’d welcome him back. 

11 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@HTTRDynasty 

Do we know for sure we haven’t called him? Maybe Ron gave him a call and said hey, you won’t hear from me till Feb once we start to review.. Sit tight..? Idk, maybe it’s been reported otherwise.. Either way I think we have played it well since Ron. He was hired and clearly sent an olive branch via the media that we’d be open to talk it through with him and we’d welcome him back. 

Can't be 100% sure, but that's just my interpretation based on what's been said (or what hasn't been said).

Just now, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@HTTRDynasty

Give it a little time, if both parties are down to come together, we’ll get it done. If not, we’ll have a trade chip. I’m not really stressing this situation. Ron has to think with the big picture in mind, you gotta believe he knows Trent’s worth. We’ll see how it plays out.

Yeah, completely agree.  Just found it a bit strange, but not super worried or anything.

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Did trent's contract toll?

Do we have him signed for two more years or did last year count for him because he showed up at one point?

I remember the back and forth game I just don't remember the outcome. 

Believe it did toll, he has 1 year left. From my understanding this last year won't toll if the same situation as last year were to occur again.

What can't happen is a repeat of last year.  Options as I see are:

1.  Add a year to his contract, guarantee some of it.  He starts for the Redskins the next two years.

2.  Trade him.  I expect a 2nd and maybe a 4th for him.  If there is a first rounder out there even better.

Either option is acceptable (I prefer option 1), but we must have some return next year.  He should have been traded last year, but since he wasn't and we have had a complete staff change maybe this can be salvaged.

27 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Trent will be back and all will be good in the world.

I wonder how he will be received. If the locker room is cool with it than I'm happy to have him back. If not, he is getting older and he can't make it through a season.

I can see the locker room thing going both ways. On the one hand, they say, he was standing up for us! Way to take one for the guys! On the other hand, they say, He was selfish and hung us out to try. He abandoned us.

I wonder how they (the Redskins' players) really feel about Trent?

13 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I wonder how he will be received. If the locker room is cool with it than I'm happy to have him back. If not, he is getting older and he can't make it through a season.

I can see the locker room thing going both ways. On the one hand, they say, he was standing up for us! Way to take one for the guys! On the other hand, they say, He was selfish and hung us out to try. He abandoned us.

I wonder how they (the Redskins' players) really feel about Trent?

Ron will make it all work...just enjoy the off season...haha I'm miserable already who am I kidding lol

Archived