Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

If Trent comes back, and if they get off their butts and resign Flowers, the. The only really question on the OL is RG.  
 

It also gives you the flexibility to maybe see if you can upgrade at the false start, I mean RT position.  
 

Honestly, with Trent and if they signed a good TE, the offense could take a large step forward just with the development of Haskins and the young skill position players.  
 

This might be Ashburn Syndrome talking but it’s really possible that this group of players, with a few additions, and getting Trent back, with significantly better coaching than they have had since 2013, they could take a large step forward.   It 13-3, but back to 9-7, 10-6 like.  
 

Trent would be a big part of that turn around if he came back because it gives you so many more options elsewhere. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Perhaps it’s time to stop putting Bruce on a pike for not trading Trent, and instead give Dan the “credit” for holding on to him?

 

Ill hang up and listen...

Rebuilding teams need to bite the bullet and move on from aging players with trade value. There’s a reason NE is consistently a contender and it’s not just because of Bill and Brady. It’s because they get max value for players and turn them into picks which they get max value from etc.  honestly if you have a good front office and you trust your scouts then there’s always an argument to made for moving on from high priced talent. If our goal is to maybe squeak by and win a division next year then Trent is ideal. But I’m always going to have higher goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Trent comes back, and if they get off their butts and resign Flowers, the. The only really question on the OL is RG.  
 

It also gives you the flexibility to maybe see if you can upgrade at the false start, I mean RT position.  
 

Honestly, with Trent and if they signed a good TE, the offense could take a large step forward just with the development of Haskins and the young skill position players.  
 

This might be Ashburn Syndrome talking but it’s really possible that this group of players, with a few additions, and getting Trent back, with significantly better coaching than they have had since 2013, they could take a large step forward.   It 13-3, but back to 9-7, 10-6 like.  
 

Trent would be a big part of that turn around if he came back because it gives you so many more options elsewhere. 

 

Hope is a dangerous thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Trent comes back, and if they get off their butts and resign Flowers, the. The only really question on the OL is RG.  
 

It also gives you the flexibility to maybe see if you can upgrade at the false start, I mean RT position.  
 

Honestly, with Trent and if they signed a good TE, the offense could take a large step forward just with the development of Haskins and the young skill position players.  
 

This might be Ashburn Syndrome talking but it’s really possible that this group of players, with a few additions, and getting Trent back, with significantly better coaching than they have had since 2013, they could take a large step forward.   It 13-3, but back to 9-7, 10-6 like.  
 

Trent would be a big part of that turn around if he came back because it gives you so many more options elsewhere. 

If we move on from Scherff, is there a chance we try and move Moses to RG and draft a more nimble RT?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If we move on from Scherff, is there a chance we try and move Moses to RG and draft a more nimble RT?

IF we move on from Scherff we should be plugging in Wes Martin, I thought he played pretty well this year as a rookie. Though ideally I would like to sign Scherff and Flowers to lock up the G positions and either bring back Trent or trade him for a first to use on a T.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If we move on from Scherff, is there a chance we try and move Moses to RG and draft a more nimble RT?

 

This is Moses remaining contract.  If were gonna move on from Scherff, i dont see us keeping Moses to play Guard.  I imagine if we are going to go after a different RT then Moses is no longer on the team because of how much we can save.  

Current Contract

Year Cap
Number
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total $41,971,394
2017 $3,621,394    
2018 $5,400,000    
2019 📝 $6,900,000    
2020 $8,650,000
$3,800,000
$4,850,000
2021 $9,650,000
$1,900,000
$7,750,000
2022 $7,750,000
$0
$7,750,000
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

When Riggins skipped a year, a new regime came in and fences were mended.  Worked out well then and there’s no reason to not pursue that course now.

This is exactly what i was thinking and hopefully it turns out the same way as it did with Riggins, leading this team to sustained success for the next few years plus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Perhaps it’s time to stop putting Bruce on a pike for not trading Trent, and instead give Dan the “credit” for holding on to him?

 

Ill hang up and listen...

 

You have to be kidding. Just because there may be a chance to work it as something other than the dissater it has been to this point out does not mean that this team would not be much better off had Bruce/Dan/someone traded Trent to start the season. He is still a great player but how much is he on the field? Think of the increased draft resources you could have. 

 

There is no credit for dumbing your way into it not turning out too horribly bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If we move on from Scherff, is there a chance we try and move Moses to RG and draft a more nimble RT?

Personally, I don’t see Moses as a fit at guard... maybe in a pure zone blocking scheme (he’d be somewhat nimble in that role), but I still wouldn’t trust him in pass pro.  Definitely don’t want him taking a DT on head to head in run blocking.  
 

I want him replaced as soon as we can, but unless Christian/Parris make large strides this offseason, I don’t see us having the resources to so ATM.  The main problem I have with Moses is he is probably below average at run blocking and (maybe) decent at pass blocking.  I’d rather a guy that was good at (at least) one or the other.  


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Every time we get some depth at a position, we want to cut that depth or move on.  Madness.

 

Lock up Scherff and TWilliams.  Today.

It would be my preference to re-sign Scherff and convince Trent to come back on an extended deal for 3 years. 
 

the question is if they can convince Trent to come back and afford Scherff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd considering moving Scherff to RT and putting Martin in at RG.

 

The fact he sucked at RT as a rookie in camp 4 years ago shouldn't really be an issue now, in my opinion. 

 

Plus it means we can cut Moses who I really don't rate and think has an overinflated contract. 

Edited by UK SKINS FAN '74
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

If we move on from Scherff, is there a chance we try and move Moses to RG and draft a more nimble RT?


Not IMO - Moses to me is too passive at tackle, lacks a good punch and is a waist bender which loses him power. He also plays with high pads too often when run blocking. 
 

None of that translates well to guard. At all.

 

Martin played well at RG when Scherff was injured. If we don’t bring Scherff back (and I think we will, probably via a tag) then Martin will slide in that spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'd considering moving Scherff to RT and putting Martin in at RG.

 

The fact he sucked at RT as a rookie in camp 4 years ago shouldn't really be an issue now, in my opinion. 

 

Plus it means we can cut Moses who I really don't rate and think has an overinflated contract. 

 

I think it matters because the general consensus was Scherff was never gonna be a RT.  I remember the general consensus was Scherff was always gonna be a guard in the pros.  His limitations at RT were confirmed in camp and that was the end of that. 

 

I dont think anybody anywhere is giving any thought to revisiting the RT thing and moving him there, and probably for good reason.

 

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

When Riggins skipped a year, a new regime came in and fences were mended.  Worked out well then and there’s no reason to not pursue that course now.

 

Maybe Riggo can get Trent's ear on that sometime soon.

 

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

 

This is Moses remaining contract.  If were gonna move on from Scherff, i dont see us keeping Moses to play Guard.  I imagine if we are going to go after a different RT then Moses is no longer on the team because of how much we can save.  

 

 

And to think, at some point Moses showed enough promise to think he needed to be locked up like that.  Here we are stuck with him.

Edited by justice98
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The Washington Redskins have reached an agreement to hire Ryan Vermillion, formerly of the Carolina Panthers, as their head athletic trainer, and intend to use the overhaul of their training staff as a key element of Coach Ron Rivera’s attempt to get star left tackle Trent Williams to return to the team, according to a person familiar with the situation.

“One of Ron’s top goals is to get Trent back,” the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because the Redskins had not announced the staff addition. “I know for certain that Ron is going to try to get him back.”

The deal with Vermillion was completed Friday night, the person said. Vermillion replaces Larry Hess, the Redskins’ longtime head athletic trainer who was not retained when Rivera was hired as coach.

 

Rivera, who completed a deal Tuesday with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder and is being given broad authority within the organization, formerly worked with Vermillion with the Panthers. Vermillion is said to have a very good reputation within the league, among players and with the NFL Players Association.

 

...Redskins running back Adrian Peterson, one of Williams’s closest friends on the team, said the day after the season ended that he thought there was a chance Williams would return because Allen had been fired.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It would be my preference to re-sign Scherff and convince Trent to come back on an extended deal for 3 years. 
 

the question is if they can convince Trent to come back and afford Scherff.

Cutting Norman and Reed gets us close to 75m in cap space, should be more than enough for Trent, Sherff and 3 or 4 more Fa's. 

 

HTTR 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Trents gettin a new deal, seems inevitable as it also takes the edge off picking Young at #2 and not really having the chance to get another OT to start.

 

 

 

 

Whether TW comes back or not, there's NO "edge" if we're on the clock and Young is available. If for ANY reason we went OL with the #2 pick I would be ****ing livid. If TW doesnt come back, we use our 3rd pick, or trade up into the 2nd round for an OL pick, or we sign the best Tackle in FA. But HELL no to drafting Andrew Thomas with the #2 pick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...