Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Cutting Norman and Reed gets us close to 75m in cap space, should be more than enough for Trent, Sherff and 3 or 4 more Fa's. 

HTTR 

F that. Roll over that cap space. We don't need to spend now and if we do, we should find someone who has their own Brock Osweiler and is willing to give us a pick to help them shed cap.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It would be my preference to re-sign Scherff and convince Trent to come back on an extended deal for 3 years. 

the question is if they can convince Trent to come back and afford Scherff.

Well Trent is already counting against the cap so affording Scherff isn't an issue. 

7 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Whether TW comes back or not, there's NO "edge" if we're on the clock and Young is available. If for ANY reason we went OL with the #2 pick I would be ****ing livid. If TW doesnt come back, we use our 3rd pick, or trade up into the 2nd round for an OL pick, or we sign the best Tackle in FA. But HELL no to drafting Andrew Thomas with the #2 pick.  

I was meaning the alternative to Young was trade back to accumulate picks and get an OL. No way was I suggesting at pick #2.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I was meaning the alternative to Young was trade back to accumulate picks and get an OL. No way was I suggesting at pick #2.

I like this idea..I mean I dont like the sound of passing on chase buuuut if the falcons or who ever is sitting at 5 or 6 offers a kings ransom ya do the trade and pick the best corner available 

12 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

F that. Roll over that cap space. We don't need to spend now and if we do, we should find someone who has their own Brock Osweiler and is willing to give us a pick to help them shed cap.

Well Trent is already counting against the cap so affording Scherff isn't an issue. 

F giving Trent MORE money. If he wants to come back with his current deal. Fine. If they want to give him some incentives that require he play X% of snaps. Fine. 

As far as 75M in cap. Extend the guys you want here a long time (Allen? Payne?) and front load those deals to take the hit in 2020. Then in FA, go get me a sea of blue collars/never injuries/do your job type of guys.

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I like this idea..I mean I dont like the sound of passing on chase buuuut if the falcons or who ever is sitting at 5 or 6 offers a kings ransom ya do the trade and pick the best corner available 

I gotta disagree....take Young at #2 and beat up on the NFC East offensive lines for the next 5 years or more. I want our own Lawrence Taylor over a corner.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I gotta disagree....take Young at #2 and beat up on the NFC East offensive lines for the next 5 years or more. I want our own Lawrence Taylor over a corner.

Aaaaaand we're for certain he's the next Lawrence Taylor?..thems big shoes to fill...but I get ya..its what's gonna happen..and I'm gonna love it...CANT WAIT!!!..him, Payne, allen, ion,foster,j del Rio,Rivera..................o.   m.    g.

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Aaaaaand we're for certain he's the next Lawrence Taylor?..thems big shoes to fill...but I get ya..its what's gonna happen..and I'm gonna love it...CANT WAIT!!!..him, Payne, allen, ion,foster,j del Rio,Rivera..................o.   m.    g.

Nobody is ever certain about anything.  But Young has a really high ceiling, and is a fantastic prospect.  

One thing this team lacks is "A" level players.  Scot called them blue chip.  Most of our starters are somewhere between "Average" and "Good."  

Every championship calibre team has to have at least 3-4 blue chip payers.  

It looks like McLaurin might be one.  Trent was one, we'll see if he comes back if he is another.  That's the list.  There wasn't another one in the last 4 years.  Kerrigan isn't.  Allen and Payne haven't become better than "Good" yet.

When you have the chance to take a blue-chip guy, you take it. 

And then you fill in around that with other draft picks and (gasp!) free agency.  Because even though there is a very vocal portion of the fan base who believe you should never sign a free agent to a medium to large contract EVER under ANY circumstance, that's just not true.  It is possible to build through the draft and sign free agents at the same time! Novel.  

54 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

There'll never be another LT but if Young is as advertised he should take our defense to another level for sure. Just imagine if we get Young and Reuben Foster can fulfill his potential from when he was drafted? It could be scary good if the secondary adds a safety who can cover. Let Coliins get in on the smashmouth in the box stuff....whoah. 

28 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

There'll never be another LT but if Young is as advertised he should take our defense to another level for sure. Just imagine if we get Young and Reuben Foster can fulfill his potential from when he was drafted? It could be scary good if the secondary adds a safety who can cover. Let Coliins get in on the smashmouth in the box stuff....whoah. 

Would need only a FS, OLB and CB for a top 5 elite defense.

Diggs just threw his helmet in disgust for having zero targets thus far in the game from Captain Kurt.....I can see the Vikes shopping him this off-season. Wonder if they'd take a 4th for him? I know he makes a lot of money but he'd look good next to Scary Terry....

He wants to have the best medical staff in the league,” a person familiar with the situation said of Snyder.

Over the weekend, a person with knowledge of Vermillion’s hire said the addition of the trainer and the remaking of the medical staff was part of an effort by Rivera to convince star tackle Trent Williams to return to the team. Williams held out of training camp and the first half of the season in frustration over what he described as a misdiagnosis of a growth on his head. The growth turned out to be a rare but survivable form of cancer.

Williams was later placed on the non-football injury list and told to stay away from the team facility, a decision he said came from former team president Bruce Allen as retaliation for his holdout. In the weeks before Allen’s firing at the end of the season, Williams said his relationship with the franchise was broken and he wanted to be traded.

With Allen and Hess gone, Rivera is said to be working hard to convince Williams, who has one year remaining on his contract, to return.

“One of Ron’s top goals is to get Trent back,” the person familiar with Vermillion’s hiring said. “I know for certain that Ron is going to try to get him back.”

The addition of Wilk could be part of that effort.

The Redskins believe Wilk, who has worked with several top football players, including Drew Brees and Eli Manning, will be an ideal expert to consult with players and doctors on players’ surgeries and rehabilitation. Andrews and Vermillion are said to have pushed for his hiring.

Archived