Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I think Bruce could have 3+ 1st round picks in each of the next 5 drafts and still manage to avoid winning anything significant. He'd just end up drunk, with his thumb in his bum, confused but still instinctively trying to sell the "great culture" around the team.

6 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

I think Bruce could have 3+ 1st round picks in each of the next 5 drafts and still manage to avoid winning anything significant. He'd just end up drunk, with his thumb in his bum, confused but still instinctively trying to sell the "great culture" around the team.

So the absolute best thing is to stil hope the Redskins lose out right?..lol

49 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So the absolute best thing is to stil hope the Redskins lose out right?..lol

Doesn't matter, really. We'll lose enough that wins won't lead to anything, but win enough that the losses won't allow us a shot at the truly elite players in the draft. I just want however many losses it takes to be rid of Bruce.

A person who has dealings with the Redskins’ front office said the team is open to making “a blockbuster deal” involving Williams if an enticing trde offer comes along. But the person, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of trade talks, expressed skepticism that any team will make an offer that is substantial enough for the Redskins to act.

“No one will do it,” the person predicted. Link

33 minutes ago, FrFan said:

A person who has dealings with the Redskins’ front office said the team is open to making “a blockbuster deal” involving Williams if an enticing trde offer comes along. But the person, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of trade talks, expressed skepticism that any team will make an offer that is substantial enough for the Redskins to act.

“No one will do it,” the person predicted. Link

Bruce backed himself into a corner. If he settles for a deal substantially lower than the Houston one he loses face. If he does nothing he loses face. There's only one way to win and a hundred ways to lose. His intransigence has created a situation where it is almost certain the Redskins wind up losers.

This is why it is essential to put your ego aside when negotiating.

Only because I don't believe Bruce will be able ever build a competent team, I hope the rest of the league sticks it to him for rebuffing everything to date.  You wanted this messy standoff in week 10 surrounding him reporting and fining him the max at every opportunity...so you've earned your prize.  I don't want there to be a possibility of Bruce not coming out of this looking like the buffoon he's proven himself to be.  Time and time again.  

The blockbuster trade he's looking for, could've happened at any point in time prior to now.  Most of the teams that were desperate for help, are resigned to their rosters being what they are. With Cleveland not performing to expectations, what's a tackle going to do for them?  

4 minutes ago, megared said:

Only because I don't believe Bruce will be able ever build a competent team, I hope the rest of the league sticks it to him for rebuffing everything to date.  You wanted this messy standoff in week 10 surrounding him reporting and fining him the max at every opportunity...so you've earned your prize.  I don't want there to be a possibility of Bruce not coming out of this looking like the buffoon he's proven himself to be.  Time and time again.  

The blockbuster trade he's looking for, could've happened at any point in time prior to now.  Most of the teams that were desperate for help, are resigned to their rosters being what they are. With Cleveland not performing to expectations, what's a tackle going to do for them?  

The other teams have no good reason to lessen their offer right now

3 minutes ago, carex said:

The other teams have no good reason to lessen their offer right now

Please critique the following thought:

What do you mean by they have no good reason to lessen their offer? First, who's to say there was an offer? Two, what is your thought on the reason that teams' would keep the same offer when the Skins backs are up against the trade deadline?

If we don't make some moves today then IMO this was all a stunt and it also proves Bruce and Dan do know what's being said in the media and how the fans feel or they would have never tried to pull this last-minute BS making it seem as if they wanted to get a deal done.

Listened to Keim a few times in the last two days, the point below seems to be his theme.  He said they really really want a play maker on offense as part of the deal -- hinted its a bigger deal to them than a high pick.  If so sounds like the Browns could have Trent if they give up their 2nd and add a player.  

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If we don't make some moves today then IMO this was all a stunt and it also proves Bruce and Dan do know what's being said in the media and how the fans feel or they would have never tried to pull this last-minute BS making it seem as if they wanted to get a deal done.

Completely agree.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Keim a few times in the last two days, the point below seems to be his theme.  He said they really really want a play maker on offense as part of the deal -- hinted its a bigger deal to them than a high pick.  If so sounds like the Browns could have Trent if they give up their 2nd and add a player.  

What playmaker do the Browns have?

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

I have to wonder if this latest blunder with the handling of Trent, will FINALLY get Snyder's attention. I mean, if all Bruce gets is a 2nd round pick for Trent or nothing and wind up having to trade Trent in the offseason when he could have been dealt much earlier for MUCH more--will Snyder actually say to himself "what is happening here to my team? This guy is actually business negligent!" Even Snyder knows the difference between a good business move and a bad one, right?

#firebruceallen

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd guess either Callaway, Higgins, Njoku.

I doubt Beckham based on what they gave up for him and a Browns reporter flat out said they wouldn't. 

None of the three have really proven to be playmakers in any capacity. I'd be disappointed in any of them. Callaway doesn't seem to love football... Njoku is dinged up and not all that productive as it stands. Higgins I like, but not for a 2nd + him for Trent Williams.

And that's likely why they aren't agreeing to a trade with the Browns.

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

Reading health concerns........is that maybe a reason we haven't done the trade yet? Maybe the healthier he is the better value he is.

I dont believe he would've passed a physical if he showed up when he was supposed to, he and Bruce probably both knew that and part of that "conversation"

Personally I'd take Callaway (in spite of his off field stuff) over Higgins.  I like but don't love Njoku but I'd take him over Callaway.  Njoku is a freak talent wise but he hasn't put it together. 

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.co

Pete SmithOct 28, 2019
https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FdM

In his media availability on Monday, Cleveland Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens said something that stood out when it came to wide receiver Rashard Higgins and his playing time. Kitchens has never been someone who calls out players in public, preferring to act as a human shield for criticism aimed at the players, the team as a whole.

#Browns HC Freddie Kitchens on why Callaway is playing over Higgins: "Just...we feel like he's doing a better job right now." Says Higgins wasn't ready 3 weeks ago. "Ask Higgins again about two weeks ago, he might have a different answer this time."

The incident he is referring, Higgins said he was good to go a couple weeks ago and expressed his disappointment about the situation, suggesting he didn't know why he wasn't called upon to get in the game, despite being active.

Kitchens was asked about Antonio Callaway playing over Higgins to which Kitchens said he thought Callaway was playing better right now, that Higgins was only healthy the past two weeks.

Something is going on here. Maybe it's as simple as a disagreement over the team's view of a player's health as opposed to a player's. That might bleed into another situation with Damarious Randall, who raised some questions in regards to being in the concussion protocol earlier in the season.

Another possibility is that the Browns are effectively punishing Higgins for what he said publicly. The organization's stance may be that they felt he was dishonest about the situation regarding his injury and this is the result.

It could be something else entirely. The bottom line is that the Browns are 2-5, Higgins might be able to help them and this situation becomes a peculiar distraction for a team that can ill afford them. And at some point, this is likely to come to a head, whether it's during the season or after the season when Higgins becomes a free agent.

Archived