!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Schefter just went on about this on air

Trent owes the team

$743 K for his signing bonus from skipping camp and the first two games

$150K work out bonus

failed to make 654k in base salary

Accrued 1.2 million in fines

As of now, Williams owes the Redskins almost $1.9 million in fines and signing-bonus pro-ration, and he has cost himself the opportunity to earn close to another $1 million.

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schefter just went on about this on air

Trent owes the team

$743 K for his signing bonus from skipping camp and the first two games

$150K work out bonus

failed to make 654k in base salary

Accrued 1.2 million in fines

As of now, Williams owes the Redskins almost $1.9 million in fines and signing-bonus pro-ration, and he has cost himself the opportunity to earn close to another $1 million.

If he does come back as they stated - typically those fines are waived in the renegotiated contract. So he will not owe the team anything. 

We need an absolute dumpster fire sale for draft picks ala Raiders. 

Williams has to go. See if there are any takers for Reed, Thompson, Norman, Richardson.

We got the young QB. Build a damn team once and for all. Dline is solid, fill some O line and secondary holes. Continue to cultivate the LBs

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

If he does come back as they stated - typically those fines are waived in the renegotiated contract. So he will not owe the team anything. 

Typically.  But as Joel Corry, ex-agent, likes to say from his dealings with Bruce is really pesky in money situations with players, he cited a few cases from Tampa too when there were disputes.   Will he let bygones by bygones if Trent comes back?  Maybe.  but I don't think its slam dunk. 

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I think if they were negotiating a new deal..that would have come out. I think Bruce is holding fast..no new contract..possible trade..but those fines will happen. Given Trent blindsided Bruce when his job may be on the line..why would he play nice...

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Typically.  But as Joel Corry, ex-agent, likes to say from his dealings with Bruce is really pesky in money situations with players, he cited a few cases from Tampa too when there were disputes.   Will he let bygones by bygones if Trent comes back?  Maybe.  but I don't think its slam dunk. 

Fair enough. Let me rephrase: 

Typically these fines are part of the negotiations and the fines are waived unless the GM is dumbass. In that case all bets are off. 

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Fair enough. Let me rephrase: 

Typically these fines are part of the negotiations and the fines are waived unless the GM is dumbass. In that case all bets are off. 

LOL, don't get me wrong, I'd guess he waives the fines but if this is truly a stand off spitting match like some purport -- then you never know. 😀

39 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I think if they were negotiating a new deal..that would have come out. I think Bruce is holding fast..no new contract..possible trade..but those fines will happen. Given Trent blindsided Bruce when his job may be on the line..why would he play nice...

Please spare me the blindsided Bruce stuff. They have all already admitted they knew Trent was not happy as he and Bruce talked almost every day. But let's assume for a moment the poor innocent bruce was totally caught off guard and never knew his best player was unhappy. He had a chance to move him for a pretty good haul - even if they just got 1/3 of what Miami got for Tunsil after Trent made his intentions made. He did nothing. So **** bruce.  

Again, in normal organizations, even if there is no new deal the fines are typically waived as a sign of good faith. But we are dealing with a mental moron so Bruce may intend to keep the fines in place. if I were Trent I would tell him to stick it in his ear. But that's just me. 

I just woke up to my alarm to see the football game in time.

When it woke me, I was dreaming about Trent.

He had started a solo singing career.

I was watching him live performing a song he wrote.

He was singing lead and playing Ukelele. His brother was singing backup vocals. His brother was white.

Trent was wearing a funny outfit. He was wearing a hat, that looked like noting I'd ever seen before.

Except it looked a lot like the hat that Cam Newton wore at his last press conference.

Trent was also wearing body paint that went from at least his shoulders all the way up to 2/3 of his face.

The body paint was the American flag. He looked great. He looked happy. His bandmate/brother was dancing around.

And his song he wrote and sang was beautiful.

1 hour ago, Bonez3 said:

Williams has to go. See if there are any takers for Reed, Thompson, Norman, Richardson.

We got the young QB. Build a damn team once and for all. Dline is solid, fill some O line and secondary holes. Continue to cultivate the LBs

My sentiments when this debacle started. It is not like we are a Trent Williams away from going to the Playoffs. 

Dude typically doesn't play a whole season anyway.

1 hour ago, Bonez3 said:

This is all well and good, but it's still Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder in charge. Until BOTH of those change, we will never, ever be legitimately competitive for a title. Ever.

No one worth a **** will come here to coach. No one worth a **** will come here to run the FO. No one with any other options will come here, for any reason. And, it's only a matter of time before Kyle Smith moves on to build a winner as GM somewhere else.

Tired of the whole thing fine him let show when he wants.Dont give this guy a break on fines he does not deserve it.I rarely agree with Bruce but he is right you ask for a trade in January not June.He screwed us cut him no breaks.If  we get a 1st and change after costing this guy a few million I am all for it.I am sure no other team will pay him for sitting at home why should we.

52 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Please spare me the blindsided Bruce stuff. They have all already admitted they knew Trent was not happy as he and Bruce talked almost every day. But let's assume for a moment the poor innocent bruce was totally caught off guard and never knew his best player was unhappy. He had a chance to move him for a pretty good haul - even if they just got 1/3 of what Miami got for Tunsil after Trent made his intentions made. He did nothing. So **** bruce.  

Again, in normal organizations, even if there is no new deal the fines are typically waived as a sign of good faith. But we are dealing with a mental moron so Bruce may intend to keep the fines in place. if I were Trent I would tell him to stick it in his ear. But that's just me. 

You don't KNOW what was offered for Trent...RIGHT? If you KNOW...show it..how much...all this is conjecture about the Texans "Offer". Seems the Texans would disclose what their offer was...why haven't they? *I* think Trent was/is a potential toxic commodity for any team..just my opinion

8 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

You don't KNOW what was offered for Trent...RIGHT? If you KNOW...show it..how much...all this is conjecture about the Texans "Offer". Seems the Texans would disclose what their offer was...why haven't they? *I* think Trent was/is a potential toxic commodity for any team..just my opinion

Hmm..   I said even 1/3 of what Miami got for Tunsil. We know teams wanted him. So are you really willing to accept that with Houston giving 2 1sts and a 2nd for Tunsil a throw away player and 4th rd pick, the redskins could not have a gotten a 1st rd pick? It does not take an insiders view to know that the Redskins could have at least gotten that. Bruce could have moved him - and if he truly weer toxic why not move his ass for anything you can get? So again spare me theatrics.

Trent a toxic commodity? Are you kidding? His teammates have never had a bad thing to say about the guy. He has been named captain year after year. All the young guys look up to him. He is one of the prime leaders in the clubhouse both by his relationships and his work ethic. 

Toxic? That is nothing short of ridiculous. But thanks for he chuckle...  🙂  

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Hmm..   I said even 1/3 of what Miami got for Tunsil. We know teams wanted him. So are you really willing to accept that with Houston giving 2 1sts and a 2nd for Tunsil a throw away player and 4th rd pick, the redskins could not have a gotten a 1st rd pick? It does not take an insiders view to know that the Redskins could have at least gotten that. Bruce could have moved him - and if he truly weer toxic why not move his ass for anything you can get? So again spare me theatrics.

Trent a toxic commodity? Are you kidding? His teammates have never had a bad thing to say about the guy. He has been named captain year after year. All the young guys look up to him. He is one of the prime leaders in the clubhouse both by his relationships and his work ethic. 

Toxic? That is nothing short of ridiculous. But thanks for he chuckle...  🙂  

So you don't know what IF ANYTHING was offered....OK..point made and as for Toxic..it other FO's that would have to deal with TW's money demands..not the players...so YES *I* would be hesitant to trade picks for him not knowing if he'd play under his current deal and/or what he would want as $$....

chuckle all you want...EVERYTHING you said is opinion...just ask AP(Good friend) who needs the incentive $$ what he thinks of Trent's holdout. His interviews are not a full throat-ed support of his business partner...are they?

16 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

So you don't know what IF ANYTHING was offered....OK..point made and as for Toxic..it other FO's that would have to deal with TW's money demands..not the players...so YES *I* would be hesitant to trade picks for him not knowing if he'd play under his current deal and/or what he would want as $$....

chuckle all you want...EVERYTHING you said is opinion...just ask AP(Good friend) who needs the incentive $$ what he thinks of Trent's holdout. His interviews are not a full throat-ed support of his business partner...are they?

We KNOW FOR FACT THAT OFFERS WERE MADE - See I can use caps too. They should have moved him if they felt he was "toxic" no matter what it was. Get what you can and move on. And we can make a very good guess on what it was. You can remain obtuse but that makes no point other than in your own mind. 

With that not wasting my time after this.

Archived