Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, carex said:

if we were really desperately trying to win games then Penn's performance would have us trading Trent for players rather than either sitting him or sending him for picks

It's pretty rare for big time players (which Trent is) being traded for each other.  It's typically picks.  Some say the Texans offered Clowney but if so they'd inherit a player who  could leave (unless he was tagged) let alone I doubt they saw (though after the first 2 games this season maybe that's changed) OLB as a top need. 

Having said that it doesn't sound out of place for the FO that a spitting match could be a key prime motive.  So yeah it is plausible that "winning" the stand off is prime motivation. 

11 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Also, Bruce was the one who released John Lynch, LOL. 

Good luck getting that deal done, hopefully, both sides can look away from the past and remember its business.

The Jets just made a trade with Bill Belichick. If they can get past the amount of bad blood there, then any professional should be able to make deals regardless of history.

I hope this whole situation comes to an end.Wouldn't it be nice to send him for Ramsey and a second.I am also all for dealing Sherff I don't see the value of paying a guard 15 million a year get some picks and cap room.If Bruce plays this right we can get a few picks and ton of cap space by unloading these guys and cutting Reed and Norman.

9 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I hope this whole situation comes to an end.Wouldn't it be nice to send him for Ramsey and a second.I am also all for dealing Sherff I don't see the value of paying a guard 15 million a year get some picks and cap room.If Bruce plays this right we can get a few picks and ton of cap space by unloading these guys and cutting Reed and Norman.

I don't think Scherff is on the trading block.   that would be news.   People are just talking here about hypotheticals.  

I am not interested in trading the first round pick.  And I'd rather have draft capital.  but if its win or else season and they'd only trade Trent for players (don't know if that's the case or not) I'd be into Minkah or Ramsey if Trent is involved I gather it would have to be a three way trade.  Probably pipe dream though. 

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Agreed on both fronts but I don’t see any positives to adding another big $ contract to what we’ve got going on around here.

Norman is off the books next year.  The secondary is arguably the weak spot of the defense.  We have no true shut down corners.  Ramsey is a bonafide shutdown corner.     But again am only interested if its a three way trade with us giving up no draft picks.  That's unlikely. 

Edit:  Just digested the blow up with Marrone, I'd pass based on that.  Great player though.  but probably has too much head case in him.

I would think the Jags can be talked down a little bit on compensation because Ramsey is a head case, He is about to get PAID and AB couldnt even fetch a 2nd rounder. maybe something like a 2nd and 4th would get it done. Especially our picks, which figure to be REALLY high.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Putting a package together for Ramsey probably isn’t the smart or right move for this franchise, but it would be a very exciting move and, make no mistake...Ramsey would ball out.

I like excitement.

Would love to see him lined up next to Collins. Half the field is basically dead to opponents.

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would think the Jags can be talked down a little bit on compensation because Ramsey is a head case, He is about to get PAID and AB couldnt even fetch a 2nd rounder. maybe something like a 2nd and 4th would get it done. Especially our picks, which figure to be REALLY high.

Would love to see him lined up next to Collins. Half the field is basically dead to opponents.

We have no second. We traded it for Sweat (unless I'm misremembering)

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The more I think about the Scherff situation, the less I understand why we didn't work out an extension with him before the start of the season.

I have been right with you on this. I got the feeling they planned to work out a deal before or during preseason but the Trent thing left them scared so they stayed away from Schreff. They should have traded Trent weeks ago. Yes front office incompetence, AGAIN.

I'd love to get Minkah but no way Miami will want Trent. Not sure the Jags would have an interest in Trent. If they did bring in Ramsey.

33 minutes ago, Burgold said:

We have no second. We traded it for Sweat (unless I'm misremembering)

You are not misremembering.........I love that word

Archived