Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah Schiff went pretty HAM at the end there. 

I felt like the republicans, especially Gym Jordan, snuck in so many BS comments while questioning that a closing statement was totally necessary to counter their shenanigans.

Just random side note

rachel maddow is insufferable. If she just dialed it back to like a 6, she’d be the best late night host in cable. Instead she makes sure when she has a great line/point she beats it into the ground so you hate it and want to strangle the next person that uses it

also thank you to the handful or two of you aggregating the good stuff. I can’t watch so I appreciate it. :cheers:

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, tell me again how they support the troops?

He's not one of the troops. He's a UKRAINIAN DEEP STATE PLANT!

Seriously, that's how the numbnuts over in the Breitbart comments section are spinning it. "We always support the troops, but this guy isn't one of ours. He's obviously a Ukrainian agent who's out to get Trump".

More and more with this impeachment process, I am left thinking about our truths and the book I am reading now, Homo Deus. The author talks of three types of truths. The first is the objective truths, the ones that can be verified and quantified, like fire is hotter than ice. The second is subjective which I often lump w opinion. 

However, the author makes a big point about the third type of truth that I never considered, the inter-subjective. These are truths because, and only because, we believe them to be true. The dollar has value only because we believe it to have value. Without our belief, it is just paper.

In that same way, I think Trump's presidency is the quintessential inter-subjective presidency. He wants us to believe the call was perfect, and if enough people believe it to be, then it will be. His entire presidency has been like this with him sowing distrust in the media, government and even what was thought to be true. As more people believe him and his spin, our country's truths begin to morph.

I will be honest. That thought about this trial and our country both saddens me and scares me.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

No matter what these people say Republicans are going to say they are right and have been vindicated. It’s really up to people to watch for themselves and make up their own minds. 

Which means we were ****ed from the start. 

Archived