Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Just so I understand this correctly. If I were to go up to one of these Congressional Republicans, pull a gun out and say "Give me your money", but I don't use the phrase "This is a robbery", and I then get scared off by someone else coming down the street and I run away before I get the money, then I did nothing wrong? Does that about sum it up?

Volker is painting a very detailed picture that the situation goes as follows: The U.S. had a clear foreign policy that he was happy to go along with.  However, unbeknownst to him, the President and his circle of cronies were just using the official policy to mask their alternative policy which was to force the hand of Ukraine to specifically public announce an investigation of the Bidens, but try to do it under the general umbrella of "corruption" 

in a better world, at the end of the hearings as scheduled, schiff would announce final testimony from surprise witness devin nune's' cow who will provide intimate 1st hand knowledge of what president trump whispered to him about this and new information on the nature of the president's unfortunate version of genitalia...and two guys in a perfect devin nunes' cow outfit ambles in towards a chair

17 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Seriously, the GOP's own witnesses are furthering the case against Trump.  I guess we know why they are so hell bent on poisoning the public's opinion of the process itself. 

Was listening during the drive home and thought the same. Then Nunes with his TV ratings comment to start.... yikes.  He's been bad, but that was especially bad.

Well at the very end of the GOP Counsel's questioning Volker finally went full-on Trump defense mode, saying he had zero concern that Rudy was running around Ukraine conducting his own separate "business" with their officials.  Maybe I misunderstood and what he meant was at the initial time of him knowing about it he wasn't concerned, that would be one thing, but in retrospect to say he still sees nothing wrong with it would be a bit flabbergasting. 

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well at the very end of the GOP Counsel's questioning Volker finally went full-on Trump defense mode, saying he had zero concern that Rudy was running around Ukraine conducting his own separate "business" with their officials.  Maybe I misunderstood and what he meant was at the initial time of him knowing about it he wasn't concerned, that would be one thing, but in retrospect to say he still sees nothing wrong with it would be a bit flabbergasting. 

So, he contradicted himself from the previous hour. 

He also said

Did he walk that back too?

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

He said that in his initial understanding as events were unfolding nothing seemed wrong. Volker’s testimony is essentially that he didn’t understand something nefarious was going on, but as this has unfolded, he now understands that corrupt behavior was unfolding.

He’s covering his tail and I think he’s full of crap. He’s distancing himself from Rudy and Sondland.

This is a small and unimportant point. Devin Nunes keeps saying the “Democrats are trying overturn the will of the voters.”

On top of the fact that it’s a stupid argument that ignores the facts or the powers the Constitution gives the House. It’s just not true. 

Trump won won the Electoral College not the popular vote. The will of the people elected Hillary. 

Just now, Burgold said:

This is a small and unimportant point. Devin Nunes keeps saying the “Democrats are trying overturn the will of the voters.”

On top of the fact that it’s a stupid argument that ignores the facts or the powers the Constitution gives the House. It’s just not true. 

Trump won won the Electoral College not the popular vote. The will of the people elected Hillary. 

It's irrelevant and goes in the same garbage bin as anything else that doesn't specifically defend Trump's actions. They can complain the Dems aren't passing this bill or that bill. They can argue that Lying, Fibbing, and Not telling the truth are all different things.

25 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Also the midterms.  This is exactly the will off the people.

Archived