Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

People are all focused on the transcript being released tomorrow, but this is the bigger news in my opinion. If they won't release the whistle blower's complaint to the dems, then the whistle blower's testimony will give them the info anyways most likely.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

An interesting counter punch.

But we must remember, reports on the whistleblower complaint state it was across a number of calls.

My guess is that this one specific call is sufficiently sanitized that they think they can blunt attacks if they release it.

Meanwhile, the complaint, along witb State department communications and communications to Rudy are important to get too.

I suspect part of this impeachment is Pelosi thinks these documents are a smoking gun and the impeachment will compel them all to be released.

48 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I'm all for impeachment, but I don't see how this Ukraine scandal is the last straw...unless I've become immune to the Trump administration's corruption.

It’s extortion of a US ally from receiving US military aid in order to help his re-election chances by investigating the current front runner to be his challenger. 

Its pretty explicit and easy to digest. It’s an easy story to tell to the American people 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s extortion of a US ally from receiving US military aid in order to help his re-election chances by investigating the current front runner to be his challenger. 

Its pretty explicit and easy to digest. It’s an easy story to tell to the American people 

I thought the same thing about the emoluments clause. They coulda had him in cuffs right after the inauguration if dems woulda been in charge. (But then we wouldn't have gotten all the laughs from that stupid parade. :D)

I expect the Dems to **** this up on an epic level.

To get this right, they have to be so disciplined, so measured, and thinking ahead multiple steps. If they come out yelling and with different messages, it will fail.

Also, they need to have people specifically talking about Don's biggest supporters on the Hill, and ask questions about their roles in something/anything that will make them less likely to get on camera with the chance they are stuck defending themselves and nobody else. Lindsey, Rudy, Meadows, Gym Jordan, all of those types.

Someone on CNN jus made an incredible point: you can get Republicans in congress on board with this to get everything there possibly is out that could hurt Biden at the same time.  Basically trying to kill two birds with one stone getting rid of Biden and Trump same time.

I need more updates from Turtle. Is he serious about wanting the whistleblower report?  Get ready for Candidate Pence if this is true

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Someone on CNN jus made an incredible point: you can get Republicans in congress on board with this to get everything there possibly is out that could hurt Biden at the same time.  Basically trying to kill two birds with one stone getting rid of Biden and Trump same time.

I need more updates from Turtle. Is he serious about wanting the whistleblower report?  Get ready for Candidate Pence if this is true

Trump will turn on Pence faster than a conversion therapy weekend getaway. He'll blame EVERYONE for not supporting him enough. He'll unleash his rage on every Republican and Fox News personality. 

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You give the American people way more credit than I do.

Sorry I don't buy that Trump is releasing the transcripts of what the whistleblower is complaining about.  The whistleblower claimed this was information gathered over the course of more than a single phone call, so I am willing to bet Trump & DOJ are partnering to find a call that didn't mention any of this or maybe left out the part about the Foreign aid. 

The whistleblower being able to provide testimony on the contents of his complaint to the house intel committee is what is needed in this situation, especially because that person will be able to cross reference the call transcripts.

10 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Wow, if the turtle is actually on board like what's being reported, this might actually have some legs

Yeah it is kind of telling that even Moscow Mitch has taken a slightly different tone on this specific topic.  He didn't sound like his usual combative self, immediately accusing Dems of this or that. It was a much more neutral...."too early to..." almost making it seem like if this turns out to be true, even he would see it as grounds to impeach.

I'm beginning to draw the conclusion he will be impeached before the primaries. Here's why: there's enough polling to demonstrate he'll lose the election. It's been conclusive for a while. There were recent reports the White House was already resigned to the fact they'll lose Michigan, a key state obviously. There have been recent rumblings about losing the Senate too. As of now it's not likely to happen, but the RNC is  afraid they're losing public support and the trend won't reverse. Trump is giving Republicans an easy out here. They can frame it on Fox News and condition Republicans over the course of the next few weeks that he did something illegal here, promote Pence, and have Pence run the primaries. 

I detest McConnell, but the man is not stupid.  He's leaving the door open to flip on Trump if it suits him.  McConnell is all about keeping as much power in the Republican party as he can, and if Trump can be a useful idiot (See Supreme Court) he'll fight to keep him there.  Once he stops being useful to the Republican Party, McConnell will knife him in every vital organ.

Archived