Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

12 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I'm beginning to draw the conclusion he will be impeached before the primaries. Here's why: there's enough polling to demonstrate he'll lose the election. It's been conclusive for a while. There were recent reports the White House was already resigned to the fact they'll lose Michigan, a key state obviously. There have been recent rumblings about losing the Senate too. As of now it's not likely to happen, but the RNC is  afraid they're losing public support and the trend won't reverse. Trump is giving Republicans an easy out here. They can frame it on Fox News and condition Republicans over the course of the next few weeks that he did something illegal here, promote Pence, and have Pence run the primaries. 

They would get massacred in 2020. Trump is the party now and he owns the republican voters. 

Some people on Fox better at spinning then others, but some arent trying.

Focus on getting whistleblower report, especially if Turtle wants it, too.  A good point has been raised that she hasnt called for a vote yet, she's consolidating everything while going after the whistleblower report at the same time.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They would get massacred in 2020. Trump is the party now and he owns the republican voters. 

Goes back to my original opinion that the GOP should have impeached Trump on Day 1. Pence takes over a couple months in. No trade wars, no manufacturing recession. Tax bill still passes. They might even have had a chance to do ACA repeal. Still packs the Supreme Court. Basically all the benefits of Trump’s presidency (to Republicans) with less crime and scandal. Fox coulda sold that to their base, easily. 

16 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Goes back to my original opinion that the GOP should have impeached Trump on Day 1. Pence takes over a couple months in. No trade wars, no manufacturing recession. Tax bill still passes. They might even have had a chance to do ACA repeal. Still packs the Supreme Court. Basically all the benefits of Trump’s presidency (to Republicans) with less crime and scandal. Fox coulda sold that to their base, easily. 

And Trump just twittles his thumbs while this happens?

GOP created a monster; cant just get rid of him so easily.

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

To get this right, they have to be so disciplined, so measured, and thinking ahead multiple steps. If they come out yelling and with different messages, it will fail.

Not that i disagree, but their is a high level of depressing irony that trump can literally do the exact opposite and somehow gain support

28 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Yeah, have to say, my original assumption was that the only reason the R's weren't attacking Trump like a school of piranha during the election was because they had a choice between Trump or Hillary.  

I assumed that when it became a choice between Trump and Pence, they would find that an equally easy choice.  

The reason they didn't was the Trump voters.  

(And it kind of was, during the primaries, too.  When Trump was openly appealing to the racists, none of the other GOP contenders could attack him for it, because they need those voters.  Without them, they're the Whigs.)  

13 hours ago, Larry said:

If (and it's a really huge "if") some Republicans come on board.  Enough to remove Trump from office.  

Does it help or hurt their Party in the 2020 election?  2022?  

The only Republicans who will vote yes to convict Trump; will be those, who's next election is 2024.

Any GOPer up for reelection in 2020 will not vote Yes. Same with those up in 2022.

By 2024, GOP voters will have moved on to the next nominee.

I figure we have impeachment hearings next month.  Have the impeachment vote, one year from the election in early November.  Have the Senate trial in November- sweeps month, cable TV will be happy.   Even if a few GOPers vote yes to convict, Trump will not be convicted. There's no way they get enough GOPers for conviction.   Trump then claims he was exonerated and we head into an even more ugly 2020.   This can be all done by Thanksgiving.

Now, we get to see if there are any elected Republicans that believe in the Constitution. My guess is that there are none.

He's already admitted he sent his personal lawyer to Ukraine to urge them to interfere in a US election. Hell, if he really thought Biden's son was up to no good he could have ordered agencies in our own Justice Dept to investigate and prosecute. He didn't.

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean, to be fair, him ordering his DOJ to investigate Biden’s son and hurt a political rival wouldn’t have been good either 

True, but it would have been legal... and while it would look bad it would be the way to go. There's only one reason why you ask a foreign government to do this while you control the executive branch.

And that has nothing to do with justice.

Just now, Springfield said:

Isnt this how whistleblower works?

It helps that the very stable genius and his doofus lawyer already corroborated what is likely in the complaint. 

This is one of those instances where shutting up was probably in his best interest.

But the bootlicker army’s talking point is basically “if you ignore what the idiot admitted to, there is nothing to impeach him for”. 

Archived